Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Secret  Hop To Forums  Games    Other Gaming Systems...

Moderators: Sara, Smirk Morgan
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Other Gaming Systems...
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted
Yes I know that Game Cube and the GBA SP are the cheapest and graphics wise, better, than the other gaming systems out there.

BUT...has anyone ever considered getting an X Box? Or the new, 1 inch, ethernet ready PS 2?

I'm curious because while I love my Game Cube and my GBA SP, unfortunately, lots of titles aren't released for the Nintendo brand platforms.

I had to go over to Ryan's to play F A B L E on X Box and lots of other cool titles are coming out on X Box and PS 2 only.

So...have you considered? If not, why not? Is it price? Too many things you haven't conquered on GC or GBA SP? Brand loyalty to Nintendo? I wanna know.

BTW, this was spurred because I saw today in my EBgames mag that Bandai is releasing an InuYasha RPG but only for PS2. Thus my curiousity was piqued. And my temper enraged because I'm poor but I'm also obsessed with InuYasha. Razz

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I have never invested in a gaming system for my TV, simply because I know that it would sap what little time remains in my entertainment-heavy lifestyle.

If I DID cave and buy a system it would definitely be a PS2.

Why? At this stage the PS2 has the most games, and the biggest variety of games.

I am seriously interested in the hand held version of Play Station due out soon. The design looks amazing, and it will create a nice break from my GBA.

Mind you, the GameBoy will always have first place in my heart. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
I finally broke down and bought the new PS2 last night. I also bought 3 games (and Fire Emblem Sacred Stones) with it, plus the memory card for a whopping $350.00.

I set it up last night and played for a few hours, first InuYasha: Feudal Combat (of course Razz) then I revved up God of War and got stuck on it. I also bought Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks.

I love this sytem, it's so sleek and tiny and the graphics are neato. Yah I know I'm like 80 yrs behind everyone who's had a PS2 forever but I'm digging on my new toy. I'm still getting acquainted with the controller though.

The whole circle, square, triangle thing is way different from my GameCube's A, B, X, Y, and Z buttons.

Hooray, I have a PS2 (finally!) and I can play InuYasha all the time. Big Grin Life is good.

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
I think at this point I have all of the systems except for Dreamcast and any of the sega stuff. I think if it came down to choosing what my favorite was it would be a tie between the PS2 and the Cube. My heart belongs to Nintendo. I sold that a long time ago. Oh and I don't have the PSP....yet. One day....maybe. Rachel is already talking about getting the Xbox 360 when it comes out. I pretty sure it's because that's the only way she can get the new Fable.

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I have a PSP.

*looks smug*

*drifts around the racing track playing Ridge Racer*

*goes "Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"*

*looks even more smug*

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post