Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Secret  Hop To Forums  Games    Fire Red and Leaf Green Thread
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Sara, Smirk Morgan
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fire Red and Leaf Green Thread
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted
OK, so i have one minute of playing up my sleeve, so it told me when i saved..lol

My name is Ame... and Oak's grandson's name is Kevin (my lil tribute to kevin smith)

strange things so far.. when you save and turn the game off, when you turn it back on, you get to see a 'previously on buffy.. i mean pokemon.. lol'

but you can click so it stops

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
I'm Nick in my game Razz

My rival is Gary as always, because that's who he is in the show Smile

I seriously spent 20 minutes trying to come up with a name for my Bulbasaur. It was going to be Artemis if it was female, but it was male and I didn't want to restart, so I settled on Shadow, after Shadow in Sonic Adventure 2.

Shadow just fainted, but I like that it said "Nick panicked and lost 56 [poke dollars].." Then I whited out :P

Also whats good is the screen went black and said "Nick scurried to a Pokémon Center, protecting the exhausted and fainted Pokèmon from further harm.."

Much better than just passing out, waking up at the pokemon center and finding out you've been robbed hehe. Well, that's just what I like to think happened anyway Wink

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
I never realised you lost money when you whited out.. hehe.

Anyhoo... After 10, maybe 11 restarts, i got a female.. YAY me.

So I named it Jessica. Who btw has already evolved. So my squirlt is now a Wartortle. which i think is a funny name.

I have a Pikachu called Ares.. people must have complained how late Pika came into s/r.

But the reason i hopped on was to say i have a choice between 2 fossils to choose, and therefore, to tell you which one i chose, so we maybe don't all pick the same one??
I took the Helix fossil, even though i didn't especially like the look of either pokemon that comes from them.. hehe

I am trying to level up my pokemon evenly, but i find i fight with jessica most of the time (funny that..lol) and Ares sometimes.

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I am not going to play mine yet for two reasons:

1. I want to start it over and over one day at Ame's place so that we can try to get all the starter Pokemon through trading (although I don't know if this is possible, so please tell me if it's not, so that I don't waste my time).

2. I just got my life back after playing the last one, and don't want to lose it again just yet.

I will be playing as Argy and I will be starting with a Charmander, eventually.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
i haven't had time to start mine yet, but when i do, i'm getting a charmander!!Big Grin if it's a boy i'll name him spike II, and if it's a girl i'll name her harmony II. time to rebuild my shattered hopes and dreams and let my team live again!Big Grin

also, i think i'll stick with my name being fox. i just can't see having a serious pokemon game without it.

also, are there eggs in this game? i haven't had time to check. if so, guess who's restarting over and over again until they get a female charmander to breed from Razz?

this is so exciting! ah! >.< *shakes little fists*

--------------------------------------

Posts: 2779 | Registered: 16 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
Heyy you stole my Pikachu's name >.<

I'm only in Viridian Forest at the moment. My team consists of Bulbasaur and Butterfree Smile

And yes there are eggs, just not straight away...

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
i can breed my squirtle for everyone!!

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
Team Salem, Leaf Green line up:

Shadow

Cupid

Caeser

Ares

Salem

Dahak

A work in progress Smile

Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
i named me FOX and my rival SETH. he just kind of looked like a SETH to me. i have 10 pokemon in my pokedex, and 5 in my team so far:

charmeleon - SPIKE II
pikachu - ALEXIS
geodude - JOSIE
beedrill - BUFFY
meowth - RILEY

i'm in vermillion city, sitting on a time of 7:11. yay me Smile

Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
Andy - why are you Nick in the game???

Posts: 538 | Location: Santa Monica, CA | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
Phew, I just got my 5th badge from the Fuschia Gym. It was a real joint effort with all of my team playing a part. Smile

Here is the current, and most likely final, Team Salem, once everyone has reached their final evolutions:

The newest 6th member, Ninetales, is named Hermione.

About my name, I've been Andrew in every other game except one, when I chose to play as a girl when it was made possible for the first time in Crystal. I named my character Nicole. So I thought, Nick, and it also has the added bonus of having a connection to Laurie Foell, because of the whole Angie/Nick thing in Home & Away Razz
I was almost going to call myself Joseph, after Josie, but eh, I liked Nick better.

Now, aren't you glad you asked? Wink

Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
LOL long, complicated response, but thanx - at least i know now ^___^

hay - can u name one of your future pokemon after me?

Posts: 538 | Location: Santa Monica, CA | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
i have my sixth pokemon!!Big Grin

arbok: DRUSILLA Smile

i'm currently in fuscia as well. i've played 14 or so hours and gone through 2 sets of batteries. go me!

also, i've decided that in the interest of diversity, i'm not allowed to catch any fire pokemon until i've beaten the elite four. that way, i have a chance to bond with these new and unusaul pokemon i have collected, instead of just casting them aside like an old shoe.

it will be interesting to see if i can keep this resolution in tact once i hit cinnibar island Roll Eyes

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
I envy you. I see all these Rockets using Arbok and my heart aches for one. *sigh*

And now Double Trouble just came on my playlist Frown

On a more positive note, Caeser evolved into Pidgeot and Ares learnt Thunder, so I evolved him into Raichu Big Grin My team is complete!

Now I just need to decide on movesets. This is where all the trouble starts Frown

Did you go to the lone machine in the Game Corner in Celadon that's at the very bottom right of the building? I thought it was pretty nifty Big Grin

I'm currently in Sabrina's Gym. Dahak is biting everything Razz

I love my team. I feel really happy about everyone in it. They work so well together ^__^

I can do the naming thing Nouchy Smile Any favourite you want named after you?

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
I have 44 pokemon so far... i need to evolve 6.. so i have 50, and able to get a certain item.. hehe

yay me..

i am almost to the top of the silph co building.

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
I hate, I hate, I hate catching Legendary Pokémon! Mad

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
Almost 42 hours.. but i beat the elite 4.... plus one
LOL

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
An interesting article about Pokemon friendship:

http://charles.gagalac.us/archives/2003/10/03/the_hypocrisy_of_pokemon_friendship

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
I have a question Salem.

Can i trade a pokemon from my Leaf, to my Ruby, then into Argy's Sapphire?

Also, i am finding islands 6 and 7 tough, without jessica in my team (she's off breeding, the hussy)

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
I have 2 squirtle eggs btw..

I am hatching yours argy, so it gets the experience points boost.

Salem, you can have yours in an egg..lol, unless i get bored and feel like hatching it.

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
I beat the Elite 4, yay Smile

I have a new found respect for Caeser. Usually whenever I've had a Pidgeot on my team, it did nothing during Elite 4 battles, but Caeser saved us all against Agatha. Everyone had been poisoned by Arbok and fainted except Caeser, so the little trooper had to finish the rest of Agatha's team by himself Smile

I'm so proud of him *hug*

<madogis>
posted
uh, i found the gem *shame* turns out i wasn't looking quite hard enough...or at all Roll Eyes

hey, i beat the elite four too!Big Grin i feel so special, but still horribly left behind, but special Smile. Alexis is on level 67 and Spike II is the only fire type i've trained! AND he's not even my lead pokemon!! who said i was a fire-type addict, huh? who said? Razz

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
Seems like Ame is a fire addict, Charizard, Magmar AND Rapidash! Razz

Also.. check this out http://ds.ign.com/articles/554/554891p1.html

Start saving your pennies peoples!

The names don't sound that good together. I'll just get whichever one ends up being the 'second' when grouped together again..

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
The Union Room is full of filthy hidden meanings! Eek

Ame was just here and after I spoke to her, she said "If you want to do anything with me, don't be shy"!

Also, you change into a random character. I was a Blackbelt, Ame was a Pokémon Breeder.

How strange!

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
Salem bred me the grass starter and it's female...

so Argy you'll be able to get all 3 starters anyways, if you go with fire.

And yes, the chat thing was down right kinky.