Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Secret  Hop To Forums  Games    Harvest Moon - A Wonderful Life.

Moderators: Sara, Smirk Morgan
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harvest Moon - A Wonderful Life.
 Login/Join 
Scroll Addict
Picture of Ditie
posted
I bought this little gem on saturday & haven`t been able to tear myself away from it since, not even to come online....
*can`t stop long..must get back..must get back!!*
This is getting serious!
Smile

I`ve learned how to fish (took a while) & make recipe`s using different crops & I have a pregnant cow who is going to give birth any day.
My wife is MUFFY, personally i`m not keen on blondes I would have prefered the brunette CELIA but Muffy just kept throwing herself at me, spose it didn`t help that I spent so much time in the pub giving her flowers?
So what was I to do, I had to marry her...right?
Awww bless & then the cutest thing happened we had a son, lil TAI & got a bigger kitchen & thats up to date...

I heard about horse races?
Ruby Spice to make currys?
What does that talking flower do?

Any advice for the seriously addicted apart from get a life?

Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Filthy..Gorgeous..Dirty..Nasty !!

Posts: 108 | Location: Shrops, England | Registered: 09 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
Me, me, I'm addicted too Big Grin

I've had it for a while but got distracted by other games, but recently got back into the swing of things. I'm not too far into the game, I'm in Autumn (well, 'Fall') of the second chapter.

I married Celia, though it was between her and Nami for me. I feel guilty everytime I speak to Nami now, like I'm cheating on Celia smash Our son is named Tom, hehe

The talking plant comes in very handy, if you keep talking to him and compliment him all the time. He'll let you make hybrid crops, when you you give him two different types of seeds, he'll give you a new seed that is a cross between the two. Also, you can mix a seed with certain types of flowers you can pick. I like the Upseed Flower the best, because when you hybrid that with a vegetable seed, it gives you an S rank seed in return, upgrading it from the B seed, so you can sell for more Smile

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Addict
Picture of Ditie
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the advice.
I know what you mean about talking to the other girls, it`s weird...

Off to go batter me console for the next 8 hours.

Big Grin

Posts: 108 | Location: Shrops, England | Registered: 09 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Mmmmm, I saw the GameBoy version of this recently and couldn't decide whether to get it or not.

Signs point to yes.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Addict
Picture of Ditie
posted Hide Post
If you play the GameBoy version does that allow you to link to Mineral City?

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I don't know.

I don't think so.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
I never see the GBA version anywhere, but I probably wouldn't have enough time to devote to it now. Far too much other things sucking the time out of me.

If you have the Gamecube Harvest Moon - A Wonderful Life and the GBA Harvest Moon - Friends of Mineral Town, you can connect the two, but I don't know what connecting does, apart from Van having some different items to buy in A Wonderful Life and apparently being able to read character profiles in the Library in Mineral town.. or something.. smash

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Addict
Picture of Ditie
posted Hide Post
oh so probably not worth getting it then?

hmmm

Cheers for that.

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I actually saw a copy of the GBA game in my local EB Games, the other day. The only one I've ever seen in Oz.

I was contemplating whether or not to grab it, and decided not to. The next day it was gone.

Popular game. I may think about getting it as my birthday game, or something.

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
Cora is a Harvest Moon addict, I know she would tell you to rush out and buy any version of the game you can get your hands on hehehe Big Grin

Scroll Nightmare
Picture of Cora
posted Hide Post
......o.O who ME??? *innocent look* an addict? oh no no no no no. what ever made you think that ...

*tries to distract you as she covers up her game boy* I'm really not playing harvest moon *whistles*

BUT.. if you were to ask me I would recommend any of the harvest moon games. alas I am stuck with only the PS1 game and the game boy one. it is really 2 bad but.... buying a new game cube doesnt really fit into the saving for Aussie Budget. Get them if you can!!!

*runs off to milk her cows*

Posts: 428 | Location: Canada | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<lil_harvester>
posted
ok i just got harvest moon: a wonderful life for game cube less then a week ago and i can't stop playingWink it's just soo fun! i'm already married to Celia! any way i was told that if i be friend the weird doctor during the year after you get married he'll give you a free seed mixer saving you 6,000G!! is that true? PS: how do i get my dumb cow to breed?!? i had a bull but it was like the cow wasn't interested in him at all!! it's driving me insane because unless she breeds i can't get milk from her evil and the milk was getting me most of my money! right now all i got is less then 2,000G and thats after i sold the useless bull!! i'm running really short on G and my orange tree is going along nicely but i need some G realy really bad!!!! can you help me out?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
Hmm, I don't think I bothered with the Bull. I got my cow impregnated with the 'Miracle Potion' Smile

It hasn't given birth yet because I've fallen WAY behind with my game. I did buy a second cow though, so I have milk coming from that one.

And yep, befriend the doc. Befriend everyone, you usually get somethin sweet in return Wink

Scroller
posted Hide Post
Harvester, to impregnate a cow with a bull, first they must both be adults. when you first buy them, they're young, and it takes about ten days for them to become adults. As for newborns, they take ten days to separate from their mothers, and another ten to become adults. To get a cow pregnant, go to the book next to the dairy shipping bin, and select "order animals or MP service" and then select "miracle potion". It'll let you choose whether you want to use your farm's bull (if you have one and it's old enough) or another bull. The next day, Takakura will come and use it on your cow.

**edit** By the way, if you're really low on cash, fishing is good. Fish by the waterfall, and when Van comes on the 3rd or the 8th, sell him your fish.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 07 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroller
posted Hide Post
Just asking, after you have bought all of the buildings, tools etc. do any more become available later?

Posts: 3 | Registered: 08 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post