Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Secret  Hop To Forums  Games    Sudoku

Moderators: Sara, Smirk Morgan
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sudoku
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted
As if I didn't have enough games to play that make demands on my time, I've discovered yet another one.

Sudoku is a Japanese logic based puzzle game, using numbers (or shapes or letters, you can change it). It's actually really really simple but completely addictive and somehow fun. You have several 3x3 squares that you have to put the numbers 1-9 in. Both column and row wise.

I'm not explaining it right but you can go to the website and learn how the game is played, and download a free 28 day version. It ranges anywhere from very easy to very hard and you can get hints and tips when you're just starting out.

I just thought I'd let everyone know so that they too can get sucked in.

My best time so far on a easy puzzle is: 2 mins 45 secs. Not bad for a gal who sucks at logic type puzzles (though I love crosswords).

Sudoku

Go here if you'd like some info and a clear cut explanation of how you play the game, cause I know I ain't explained it for shit. Razz

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
Cool game! Big Grin Funny how satisfying it is to see a grey number. Thanks for the suggestion!

Posts: 493 | Location: over here | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
I know! I love seeing a grey number. I also tend to bow and go "Thank you, thank you" when I submit a puzzle successfully and everyone claps.

Yeah, I know, there's something wrong with me. Big Grin

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
Victory dances are the best! I played this one game where marching band music would come on when you finished a level. I acted like they were having a parade for me everytime! Sometimes it's the little things! Big Grin

Posts: 493 | Location: over here | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
Count me among the latest to find this game. I did the one in USA Today whilst babysitting opposing counsel a couple of weeks ago.

I really suck at 'em. I think I've hashed about half the ones I've done, but I do see how to finesse it now.

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I started doing books of these while in hospital.

I can tell how my illness is going by Sudoku - on average I can do one in half an hour when I'm well, and in three days when I'm sick.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
i tried doing one of those once and i think it made my brain bleed a little. gimme a good ol' crossword puzzle any day...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post