Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Secret  Hop To Forums  Games    Fire Emblem
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Sara, Smirk Morgan
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fire Emblem
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted
I'm on Chapter 19, and holy crap do I love this game! Lyn is still my all time favorite, but I'm rather fond of Marcus and Dorcus (hehehe, I said dork) and my little dancing go-go boy Nils.

The pegasus knight was utterly useless. What a poon. I've already had to start this chapter over twice cause Elwood got bumrushed and just when I was about to kill that mo fo bastard Darin, he skewered Lyn through the heart.

How far along are you Argy? I played a whopping 3 hours of Fire Emblem today. Had to take a friend for some surgery so as I sat in the waiting room, I played. Smile

I really do love this game! Once I beat it, I'm so starting over again so I can kick some more ass.

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I'm on Chapter 33 and I FINALLY got through it. Yay! Smile

So glad you love this game. I thought you might.

The characters are just so awesome and the story and the music and the animation and basically everything.

I have to tell ya, though, sometimes it's frustrating. I killed 40+ baddies the other day and only had two more to go, including the big bad, and this little foot soldier I hadn't noticed took out Lyn, which meant I had to start all over again.

SUX!!

I shall go back and smite him. Hard.

Oh, did I mention I am in love with Lyn, Wil, Sain, Rath (rrrrroooooowwwwwwwrrrrrrrr), and Louise. Isadora and Karel aren't bad, either.

Farina and Nino shit me.

Wallace makes me laugh!

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
is this a GBA game?

I would assume so, since Sara played it at the hospital

Unless she ripped out someone's tubes and stuff, and plugged her game into their monitor

which btw i wouldn;t put past her..lol

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
It IS a GBA game, and it is AWESOME!

I'm so completely hooked again, now that I've gotten past the bit that had me stuck.

It's kinda like a more adult, more complex version of Pokemon. There are lots of cheap copies about, coz it's almost two years old. If you see one, buy it. You might like it. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
Runs around every game shop i can find looking for one.. Big Grin

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
posts again to get my avatar to work

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
We'll go hunting in Parramatta.

I'm not 100% sure, but I thanks MYERS might have a copy.

Or EB Games.

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
Woohoo

can do!

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
Well Sara forced me to come back to this thread.

She could have at least answered my uestions I asked..lol

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
lol yes, Dorcas is worth it. At least for me, he's been a strong fighter and less poontastic as others. And axe fighters are handy.

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I answered your other thread.

Salem should get Fire Emblem.

Fire Emblem is a VERY good game. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
I am up to chapter 16 now.

But after getting through 13, 13x and 14, without losing anyone after redoing it (except forgetting erk)

I lost 3 ppl in 15.. Argy has told me to redo it, so i shall.

I lost Bartre, Priscilla and Matthew.

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I reckon you need Matthew, as he's the only one who can open chests. You miss out on some good items if you don't have him with you. Also, he's useful for opening doors, so you can take short cuts.

He comes in handy through fog, too. So, go git 'im! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
As we all did, i restarted.

I got guy today!

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
I am up to the side chapter of chapter 13...

I keep losing Lowen (well twice now).

he's such a pussy..lol

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
I have officially gone insane thanks to Fire Emblem. I restarted Friday afternoon, to pass the time waiting for Nora to show up.

I only got to Ch. 4 in the span of an hour and then I shut it off once her lawyerness got there. I didn't turn on the GBA SP til Sunday after she left. I am now on Ch. 22 (or whichever one where you get Pent and Hawkeye) and my tactician ranking is like 3 stars. On my first attempt, it's only 2, lol.

I managed to keep most everyone and have done all the side quests that have come up. Cannas is a poon. Razz Wil is now a level 9 archer. I gave Dorcas that Hero Crest and holy crap is he buff. His HP is 45. Big Grin Serra is level 11 and I had to give Lowen the Knight Crest as he was leveled up higher than even Kent. lol, he's not a poon in my game, he's pretty buff now.

Although I wanted to give the Knight Crest to Sain, cause I luvs Sain. The real kicker is, I had dreams about strategy last night. Seriously, the map was clear in my head and I was fiddling with moving characters here, there, no no, substitute in so and so. lol, scary.

Lyn, Kent, Matthew, Sain, and Marcus won't let me go. Eek

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I love it when I get friends addicted to the same game I am, so we can all obsess about it together. Big Grin

Hawkeye and Pent are awesome! I got Haweye up to Level 20 and he was on 54 HP, and nothing even scratched him!

Pent is cool on Level 20 as well. Just about nothing hits him and he can heal from a distance. His wife Louise is a cutie, too. Wink

Another one who did good stuff for me, besides the mighty Wallace, was Vaida. She is heaps stronger than Heath. Again, nothing really hurts her from about Level 18 onwards.

I got Sain, Kent and Marcus all to be Cavaliers and they kicked massive butt. I try to level up characters as far as possible before promoting them, because they end up with much higher stat points in the end.

I've got four stars as a tactician on the first game I'm playing, but that's not until the final Eliwood chapter. I just don't think I can get through that stage with the people I've got, mostly because I didn't level up Lyn, Hector and Eliwood enough.

It's a REALLY hard chapter. Just when you think you've killed the big bad, which is difficult enough, there's a really wicked twist.

Doesn't matter. Still loving this game! Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
OK, so I came up with this nifty little strategy for winning the final battle, and I'm killing things left, right and centre, and I get up to the final boss and I've only lost one strong character, and then this poon comes outta NOWHERE and does a spell that makes my Wyvern Rider go beserk, and she flies over and kills Lyn which, of course, means game over. Roll Eyes

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
I'm on Chapter 25 on both games now and am playing both possible scenarios. lol, I hate that Harken guy, he took out my Oswin. BASTARD! Even though he has a Brave Sword, I was so mad, I killed him first go round. lol

My first game, the only archer I have is Rath and Louise. I only have one magic user, and that's Pent. My second game I have Wil and Louise and Lyn can use bows and arrows now and Rath. I've got Lucius and Pent for magic using.

DAMNIT this chapter is hard, I've already re-started 3 times on both campaigns. Bitches!

But I love it. Big Grin

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
Well i am stuck on a level god damn it.

A level i flew through first time around too.

My full team i have is.

Lyn
Eliwood
Hector
Wil
Rebecca
Florina
Marcus
Erk
Raven
Guy
Lucius
Oswin
Kent
Sain
Serra
Priscilla
Merlinus
Lowen
Matthew
Canas

and Dorcas like i posted in the post below, but i edited this one. so i added him here.

I think i have only lost Rath and Bartre

I'd have to check to make sure.

Hopefully this time i will get through this level

crosses fingers.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Amethyst,

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
oh, and dorcus

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
I'm up to chapter 18 now.

I got through ch 16 finally... and zipped through ch 16 x and 17.

I'm now on Dread Isle.

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
And i have Dart.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
Oh my f*ckin' god, I'm going to kill something. Preferably Hector, then Vaida, then lots of other innocent by standers.

I cannot get past this goddamn CHAPTER! Ch. 26 is kicking my ass. I was down to 5 enemies left, 5, out of the 40 something, I was almost there. I had been careful, I had planned it out, I was being strategic.

But nooooooo, that whore Vaida had to go after my Hector (who I just leveled up to Great Lord...f'en poon) and down he went. BITCH!!!

BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BIIIIIITCH! @^!#&&*$#@&^!#@&^)$#@&*() Mad Mad Mad

*deep breath* Okay, I feel better now. Goddamn it. Fire Emblem has become both the blessing and bane of my gaming existence.

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
OK, here's what you do.

Get all your people down between the two mountain ranges as soon as you can.

Surround the weaker members with stronger ones. Let the strong ones kill, kill, kill.

Make sure you send some people up to deal with the Wyvern riders that will come down from the top right of the screen. They can stay between the ranges and wait until the riders get close enough to dispatch them.

DO NOT go anywhere near Vaida. If you leave her alone she will leave you alone. Plus, you'll get a nice surprise later on in the game.

Hope that helps. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~