Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Secret  Hop To Forums  Games    Fable

Moderators: Sara, Smirk Morgan
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fable
 Login/Join 
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted
I'm so enjoying this game and I know most if not all of you are not playing it right now but I thought I would post my thoughts and progress on it. I can't believe how massive the game play is. I'm still blown away. I love the fact you can change clothes and I thought the fact that you have to build your strength before you can hold certain weapons is pretty cool. I also love the little side quests that you can do for people. I am currently at the bandit camp and trying to get through that gauntlet of fire.

I do have a question though for WOW fans...*cough*Sara*cough*
Is this anything like the WoW experience? I know nothing compares to the greatness of your beloved game but I was just wondering.

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
Sorry I'm only now getting to this. Smile

Actually the WoW experience is MUCH grander and larger than the F A B L E one is. I really liked the game when I first played it cause of the choices you could make, etc., but when I played WoW for the first time, holy crap! You can change professions, you can be different kinds of classes (not just a warrior), buy TONS more weapons, clothes, facial tattoos, recipes for food (hell you can MAKE your own food), there's tons more choices in WoW than in F A B L E. But you gotta understand that F A B L E is just a single, contained world.

It's not the MMORPG of WoW. I think the game is a good jumping point or transition to WoW actually. Playing F A B L E helped prepare me for WoW in that I was used to making choices that directly affect my character(s).

BTW, that bandit thing was tough eh? I hated the Balverines. F'ing balverines. Razz I will give you this tip, before you try for any sword or weapon lodged in stone, make sure your strength skill is MAXED. If you try before and fail, you can't get the weapon. I say this from experience. Razz

Lemme know how your progress is going. I'm thrilled someone else is playing this game. I thought it was excellent. Smile

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input. And don't worry about not getting to the thread seeing as how you are kinda distracted right now. Wink If you are trying to get me interested in WoW....it's working.Smile One huge game at a time though. I haven't played in a while seeing as how I can't see the TV right now but Rachel is having fun filling in for me. (Well starting her own guy). I'll be able to play again in about a week. I can't wait!

My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Right now my hair is sandy blond which kinda tells you how far along I am. I am trying to be totally good. I have picked the title druid and just bought a house. I'm getting pretty strong. Almost at level four on everything. Rachel is having fun being bad. Surprise, surprise! Big Grin Having a little trouble adapting to the magic without the FF battle sequence but other than that I'm having a blast.

My Space

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
Lemme know when you get a wife or two. Wink

I was never a big magic user. I'm more of a "lemme swing my big f'en axe/sword around and see how you like it" kinda gal. Big Grin

This is too cool, I saw this today...

Fable: The Lost Chapters

Looks snaptastic and the prospect of them opening more lands really appeals to me. I was uber pissed that there were realms you couldn't venture to and quests you couldn't do. I was also uber pissed that it wasn't the "hours and hours...30-35 to be exact...of playing time", more like I finished in about 15 hours.

I'm debating whether or not I'll get it on my PC. Currently, the only game in residence is WoW and I'd be hard pressed to make it share space with a game that can't live up to it's grandeur.

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sara:
I was never a big magic user. I'm more of a "lemme swing my big f'en axe/sword around and see how you like it" kinda gal. Big Grin

Oh, yeah!...I even have a hard time getting used to the bow and arrow. I do most of my work with my sword. Somehow that did not come out right.

So anyway, Rachel is done with the game. She too, was dissapointed that it didn't take as long as she had expected. She still loved it. But at least I can now play it. Fable hog.

She saw that for TLC as well. I'm sure it will be next on our list of purchases.

I'll let you know when I get some bitches. Big Grin

My Space