Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Secret  Hop To Forums  Games    World of Warcraft
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Sara, Smirk Morgan
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

World of Warcraft
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted
I'm not a big fan of MMORPG's by any means, I tend to prefer single player to 4 player games. MMORPG stands for Massively Multi-player Online Role Playing Game btw. It's strictly for PC and you pay a monthly fee to continue playing the game online every month. Most fees run about $15 a month.

I tried City of Heroes where you could make your own super hero. Cool idea, but limited quests and it took for freakin' EVER to level up. I scoffed at Everquest I & II cause it was a limited world, even more limited quests and even harder to level up. I played Star Wars: Galaxies which was very cool, cause it's freakin' Star Wars, but...limited worlds, limited quests and it seemed the only thing people cared about was becoming a Jedi which frankly, I have a life, so it weren't happening any time ever for my little Padawan learner chick.

Then I tried World of Warcraft which is based on the RPG of the same name. It's like D&D but with a different story line but similar in character choices, class choices, quests, etc. The online game? Freakin' fantastic! Holy crap, I've never seen anything so vivid and varied ever. You can be 8 different kinds of beings. 6 different kinds of classes, 4 different types of spell casters and it's a snap to level up. I started playing earlier this evening around 8 pm and I'm already a level 3.

Not too shabby. There's lots of choices, and multiple, massive quests. You have at least 20 to choose from at any given time and the further you explore just one of 3 different worlds, the bigger, better and harder the quests become. You can learn skills like mining or weapon making. You can have pets, belong to a guild, own a winged beast, it's freakin' sweet.

I know no one here will care, but I had to gush about the coolest game I've seen in awhile. The coolest thing about WoW? It rewards people who don't play so often, rather than just rewarding those freaks who do nothing but sit at the damn comp for 8 hours a day. I really like that, it gives us people with lives and jobs and families and friends time to do that but when we log back in, we get 200% experience points on anything we kill, letting us level up 15 times faster than some geek who sits at his comp for 10 hours trying to level up. That's really cool.

I get a 10 day free trial, but I'm seriously considering purchasing my own copy and forking over the 15 bucks a month to continue to play. I just wanted to share my newest obsession. Heh. Carry on. Razz

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I like hearing about obsessions. Smile

If there's a ten day trial, maybe I should check it out ... I've always been curious about online games.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Warrior Scroller
Picture of Herculena
posted Hide Post
I just saw a fan video to "Dragostea Din Tei" with Warcraft animations (and the "This Is the Credits" song at the end). First the Macarena and now this.

Posts: 335 | Location: East Hallelujah!, IL | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
So, I've only got 22 hours left on my free trial and I'm a Level 19 Orc Warrior.

Did this awesome Elite Quest Dungeon last night. It was great and I maxed over 2,000 XP on each quest from there. I got a Axe of Ogrimmar, which does 31-47 damage and gives me a +2 in strength and stamina. Sweeet! Big Grin

I love this game, I just joined a nifty new guild and the higher levels all help us lower levels with quests and stuff. I'm still having so much fun! I had my first PVP action two nights ago. Hehe, there was a raid on the town I was in, so when the Alliance players came, all of us (the whole freakin' town) rushed 'em. Of course I died several times from like a single hit, cause these were level 60's, but it was SO much fun! I had no idea PVP could be this much fun.

The only complaint I do have, is the recent massive lag. They've had some servers down (thankfully not mine) and so those players go to other servers to play which causes major lag for us already in the realm. I'd also like to say, I hate it when high level AF bastards gank you. Keh, wait til I level up even more, we'll see who jumps who outta nowhere!

Yes, I'm a nerd, yes I'm obsessed, no I don't care. I'm so continuing my subscription. This game is awesome!

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, I'm a nerd, yes I'm obsessed, no I don't care. I'm so continuing my subscription. This game is awesome!

Sara is such a nerd. tee hee

Actually I'm thinking I know someone else who plays that world. Only an acquaintance.

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Nerds rule the world.

Ask your computer. It's true.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
Nerds are hot. Razz All the girls I date certainly seem to think so, anyways. Big Grin

Right so now I'm a lvl 23 and the free trial STILL isn't up. It's so cool that it goes by GAME TIME played, not by regular clock time. Having WAY too much fun doing tougher, more challenging quests. More of my quests are elite dungeons which are much harder but the loot is much better. I've got 2 gold pieces and quite a bit of silver AND I got some nifty armor kits, they enhance your current armor by +8 and give you +8 in strength, stamina, agility, etc.

Once the free trial runs out, I'll pop in the software I bought, which I still haven't used! Heh. All I can say is, I love this game. Smile It just keeps getting better and better.

There is only WoW, embrace the WoW, love the WoW.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Once the free trial runs out, I'll pop in the software I bought, which I still haven't used! Heh. All I can say is, I love this game. Smile It just keeps getting better and better.

awwww....you truly are a MexiCAN daughter of Abraham.

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sara:

There is only WoW, embrace the WoW, love the WoW.
I'm gonna tell your Prince of Persia game you said that, you hussy!

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
lol, you got that right Nora. MexiCAN. Wink

And Argy, the Prince and I have a...understanding, as does Buffy, Sonic, Lyn, Hector & Eliwood, and what's her name from Eternal Darkness.

The understanding is that until I get sick of WoW, they are on hiatus, heh.

BTW, I'm lvl 24 now, only 2 lvls behind Ryan who's been playing much longer than I have. Sweeeet! Big Grin

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
Level 27 now, doing more hardcore PVPing. lol, it's too much fun, tracking the AF forces then beating the crap outta them, then they come back with reinforcements and beat the hell out of us, and so on and so forth.

We had a group of 8 of us a few nights ago, we managed to take a AF stronghold, and it all started cause some punk ass little bitch of a Night Elf thought he could gank us and get away with it. We showed him, I sure did anyways. I introduced him to my Axe of Shut the F*ck Up! which does oh, 47-68 damage, if I critical hit, it does 222.

Vengeance is sweet. Big Grin

P.S. I was good and haven't played WoW for the past two nights. See? My obsession can be tamed. Really...no for real, stop looking at me like that.

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
*points at the girl in the cage*

Mummy, do you think she can understand what we're saying?

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
OMG...you guys crack me up...all this talk of RPG makes me want to play FFX....god I love that game.

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
Razz @ Argy, I think you understand more than you let on. Wink

*boots any mention of Final Fantasy crap outta this thread* That's the surest way to get you killed. Razz Keh, the only reason you're still alive is cause you at least had the wherewithal not to mention EQ. Razz *sweeps up after the stain left on the pristine WoW ground*

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I understand nothing, I know nothing.

*surreptitiously grabs GBA from behind her back and sets about fusing kinstones with any person, dog, Picori or doorway she can find*

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
You know exactly what I'm talkin' about Argy don't even lie.

Lvl 30 now. SNAP bitches. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Got a better axe, does 75-99 damage, critical hits at 375. SWEET!

WoW is good. WoW is great.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
Update: I haven't played WoW in forever, my girlfriend is way more enticing. Big Grin However I've seen that some of you have seen screencaps of WoW on G4. Play the WoW, damnit. So I won't feel all alone in this big ol' MMORPG world. I'll even send you my ten day free trial to infect you with World of Warcrack. Cause that's what it is, it's crack in video game form. You play and can't get enough, then when something better comes along (the girlfriend) you get the shakes and mood swings til you get another fix.

I want to share that pain with you all. Big Grin

Come, join us! I'll even let into my guild.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
My fiancee plays WoW. Big Grin

We have characters we play only when we're both on (two Night Elf warriors--HOT)

I have a human warrior, lvl 29 on another server and my big man: Mortigal, lvl 39 on yet another server.

I have yet to get truly bored playing WoW. I'm amazed, usually I have Video Game ADD (which is similar to Jukebox ADD) but I constantly being entertained.

The coolest thing coming up: Blizzard (WoW's creators) are going to do Halloween themed event/s.

SNAP. Big Grin

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
YEAH BITCHES!!!

Level 42!! Wooo!

Holy crap, a whole new entire game has opened up at lvl 40 and above. My armor is now 2700, I get plate mail which is much more durable and bad ass. I am now a mounted character. I ride a white dire wolf. Big Grin Having the wolf makes traversing about SO much easier and faster. I travel 60% faster on the wolf.

So many new, interesting lands are opened up now that I'm a higher level. Cooler dungeons with better drops (loot, etc.) I was in Swamp of Sorrows and saw this kick ass lvl 61 elite dragon patrolling about. How cool is that?!?! I get to do that dungeon someday.

I was getting a bit bored with WoW, grinding through the 30s but as soon as I hit 40 and up, it's been exciting and oh so cool again. Now I'm working to get to lvl 45 (you get cool, much better food/potions/magic) and then to 50, 55 and finally lvl 60.

I've got all my professions and secondary skills up to the Artisan level(highest you can get) so I can take massive damage and heal it too. Life is good.

I still love this game. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
hehehehehe Sara said "mounted"

What? You thought I'd have something meaningful to contribute to this discussion?

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
Razz Nora

Level 47, about to be 48.

Having way too much fun.

I love WoW. Big Grin

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
So I'm level 57 now, 55k away from being 58. That amount actually isn't very much in the grand scheme of things.

I was reading back on when I started this thread. Man, 9 months later and I'm in the final end game stages of WoW. Until they release the expansion pack in June 2006. Razz

And I'm still having fun. Lots of fun actually. A whole other world opened up when I hit 50, and another when I hit 55, and a big exciting one waits for when I turn 60. It's amazing, I've had the longest committment to a game and it's WoW. While there are moments it irks me to no end and people can be absolute assholes on there, it's still fun and I still can't wait to level up and go exploring to new lands and dungeons and fight dragons and things like that.

I know none of you care, but I felt compelled to say something. I found a game I really like, that keeps me entertained, that I don't mind paying for. Go figure.

Go Mortigal. Go WoW. Smile

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
heh...it's just like the morning radio traffic report! We get Sara on the sevens!

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
Razz

But I'm level 58 now. SNAP bitches. Big Grin

That is all.

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I care.

It's been interesting following your progress.

~~~~~~~~~~