Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Secret  Hop To Forums  Games    World of Warcraft
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Sara, Smirk Morgan
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

World of Warcraft
 Login/Join 
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Coz ... Gabby sux.

*ducks*

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
Well...yeah. Big Grin

Got my priest up to level 57. Started two new alts, a rogue and a warlock. I was tired of healing and staying in the background and wanted to get back up close and deal some mad damage.

WoW is still fun for me. I picked up new professions for my rogue, one that I'd never tried, skinning and leathermaking. It's kinda fun skinning everything from cows and sheep to dragons. Big Grin

The addiction remains strong.

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
Jeebus that was awhile ago. Sara's been 60 for awhile. She's got some epic gear and is all blued up. We're hitting some of the 20 man end game content. Although I've been in to the 40 man stuff, healing and such.

I've been farming materials for some enchants for my epic staves once I get 'em. Um...I helped a friend with her epic warlock mount quest.

Uhhh...I still play WoW, after all this time. Although only for maybe an hour or two every night, and about 4 hours on Friday and Sat when we do our raids. Jeez.

I'm trying to get excited about the expansion, but meh, Blizzard is the suX0rz about fixing some lag issues with our server. One drawback to playing an MMORPG. You're at the mercy of the developer's suck ass hardware.

And now, I'm delving back underground. 4-5 posts in a single day! You'd think I was an active member or summat.

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
Heh, I still play WoW. I managed to get the epic priest staff quest completed and now have a shiny yellow sparkly staff on my priest's back complete with enchants.

I got my rogue to 60 but she's got gimped gear.

I've been honestly experiencing some burnout with the game and my guild. MMORPGs are such a social based type of game that the people you've grouped and raided with for over a year become more than just pixels. And it's tough when you and those people differ on things game wise and life wise.

I still log on to my priest almost every day, but it's usually only for an hour or so and on raid nights. Keri and I threw together some raids just for the hell of it, in some big 40 man content. It's gotten way too serious so we decided to just go in and have some fun. See if maybe we can push our druids (who can turn in a to a healing tree, I shit you not) in to the lava and watch 'em fry. Heh.

I'm really just holding out til the expansion. I can't wait to explore new lands, quest and level up again and go see shorter, 25 man dungeons. And possibly roll a new character since they are coming out with two new races.

I still like Wow for the most part, I'm just waiting to see if the x-pac rekindles that flame again.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
It's been awhile. I do still play WoW, the flame burns still.

Our original server was so crowded and had terrible lag issues, not to mention queues just to log in and play every night. Blizzard was threatening to force a realm split if people didn't start transferring.

Long story short, Keri and I left our guild of over a year due to some drama and maturity issues that happened once we left the leadership team. We thought a fresh start on a new server might be best since feelings were still raw over the whole debacle.

We transferred to Blade's Edge (a PVE server on Pacific time) and it's been the best thing we could've ever done. Where there were 20 people camping ONE mob, there's maybe 2. Maybe. It's easier to skill up your professions (skinning and herbing and such) because the population is so low. And so far, I've only come in contact with people who are pretty cool who want to maintain a real sense of community and not let things get drama filled like it was on all our old servers.

The level cap was raised to 70 with the x-pac and a whole new world, Outlands, was released. My priest Saracen is 64, my rogue Alex is 62, and I have 3 Horde toons I play when I don't wanna bother on my two mains. A Blood Elf warlock and priest (I like pain, hence I have two priests) and my first ever WoW character, my horde 60 warrior.

I'm guildless on my priest because I want to be damn good and sure about the next guild I join. There's really cool new lands, quests to do and faction to grind. Raiding has changed, the number to raid is now 25 from 40 and it's much harder to gain reputation needed to get keyed to just enter a raid instance.

It's so odd to be exchanging purple epic items I worked months for with level 64 greens that are better. I've already decided when the time comes I get a better staff than my Benediction (the epic priest one) I'm not going to sell my Bene, she'll be retired to the bank and have a place of honor. She's what definitely marked my accomplishment as a priest, as odd as it sounds.

I play a bit less these days but that's only because I have recently found a new fandom that I'm obsessing about and reading myriad fanfics over. While Keri logs on and levels and quests, I'm busy reading. I know I'll go back to playing WoW as it's a good way to relax and the feeling of "I'm falling behind, must get to 70 and raid!" will surface within me.

It's odd, my first few posts about WoW, there was no mention of raiding. Now it's almost how I define myself, a raider. Funny how things change over the course of a year or so.

And if anyone still reads this, you have my admiration and sympathy. Wink

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Thanks for keeping us up to date on your WoW experience. My computers haven't been powerful enough to handle to game, so I have to live vicariously through the experience of others. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
I started playing this last night. heh, it's fun Smile

Posts: 2989 | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the madness. Smile

What server did you end up on? Chances are I have an alt there and can send you some goodies.

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
I'm in Shu'halo right now, but.....I'm a paladin. smash

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
Ahh Shu'Halo. Good realm, Shadowsong, the original realm I was on had a free transfer there. Lots of good peeps went, good guilds.

Alliance pally or Horde?

Guy or gal?

What level?

Still having fun? Smile

Yes it's 20 questions but pertinent.

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
Alliance, Gal, 13

Still having lots of fun. I get to make my own snazzy armor Smile

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
Neat. Smile Blacksmith/miner then?

Think I've got some spare ores and fluxes about somewheres. You can have 'em as my toons are all herbers/chemists. You pick up all and sundry doing quests.

Glad you're enjoying yourself though. My priest just dinged 66. 4 more levels to go. *sigh*

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
Thanks. That's nice Smile

Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Jubs
posted Hide Post
I too play WoW! Oh it is soooo addictive... I am pretty much a noob even though I've been playing for almost a year. That's what happens though when you lost your internet connection every couple of months! Right now I have a level 16 Human warlock and a level 12 Dranei hunter. I have a few other characters as well, but these are the two I'm really focusing on. My human was the first character I made and I worked her up to 12 pretty quickly before I lost my connection for about 6 months. After I got my net connection back I got her up to 16 and then started my Dranei. I can't wait until I've actually gotten one of them over 20 - hahaha

Posts: 920 | Location: Iowa, USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
Ironically, I'm not really playing WoW now. I was just starting to get back into a guild, got my priest to 70 and geared up fairly well, and was playing quite a bit... but I realized other life stuff needed to come first. The funny thing is, I don't really miss it...it was easy to let go of the game. Razz I thought I was going to have hardcore withdrawal or something, but nope. I've found other ways to fill up my time, and it's kinda nice. All my guildies were like "when are you coming back?" and while I said a month or two, I really wonder if I'll actually want to go back at that point or stay away longer.

WoW is awesome, fun, all that stuff. I just realized it's nice to take a break from it every now and again. Smile

Posts: 893 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 25 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post