Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Secret  Hop To Forums  Games    World of Warcraft
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Sara, Smirk Morgan
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

World of Warcraft
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
Thanks Argy. Smile

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
I did it.

Last night, after helping Ryan in Hinterlands, and then agreeing to a BRD run, I turned Level 60. I was ecstatic, I was flying high and then I was depressed. I'm a lvl 60 but a noob lvl 60. I've got no good gear, no epic weapon and no real experience running high lvl instances.

But then I was happy that I can learn and get all those things. Experience will be earned and weapons and armor will be earned as well. You have to start at the bottom before you rise to the top.

I'm excited. All sorts of epic things are open to me now, I can participate in guild runs now. I'm handy to have around if you're a lower level and someone is ganking you.

Life is good in WoW right now. I'm proud of myself for starting something and finishing it and doing it all myself. Go me. Smile

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Good going! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Oh Saaaaara!

Picked up a trial version of WoW today. See, sometimes nagging DOES pay off. Big Grin

I'm not gonna join until after Christmas, when I know I'll get the best of it.

Lemme know about your guild and if I can still join it as a newbie.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
WOOOOO HOOOOOO!

Hooray, Argy has joined the madness. Woot woot! lol. Smile

You know what was funny, last night I came across a character actually named "Argeaux", I told him awesome name. I also saw someone named "Prufrock" and thought of you. Smile

My current guild on Mortigal is no longer accepting new members but you can join an awesome guild that I was in from level 45-58. They're called the Demons of Dethecus and they're a great bunch of people.

Keri and I actually started "alts", characters not our main ones. I started a Tauren druid named Moorie and she has a Tauren Hunter named Mooseey.

We're only lvl 18 so if you let either of us know your name, we'll help you out. Smile

FYI, when you first start it, you can choose a realm server to start your character on. The default realm (shadowsong) is extremely high population and may not be much fun for you with all the lag and waiting in queues to get in.

I recommend going for another "Normal" non PvP server or you're more than welcome to come on Dethecus (which is PvP) and play a bit with Keri and I and some other friends we've made along the way. Smile

I hope you enjoy playing WoW as much as I do. And if you got any questions, lemme know. Smile

YAY the madness has spread. Mwahahahahahaha! evil Big Grin

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
The madness is spreading... Across the sea.... Razz My love has been bitten by the bug... *grin* He has been talking about WoW ever since we visited a friend that has it, and he got to see what it looks like. I have checked out info on the net as well, even though I have never been that intrested in RPGs on the comp even... But the chance is very, very big that we will buy it as well....

At least then I will have something more fun to do while my love is working other then doing the dishes... Big Grin

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

My LiveJournal: A look inside KSenas mind...

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
Woot! Now more people will become addicted to WoW. Mwahahahahaha!

Actually...I'm curious to see the difference between Euro WoW and USA WoW. There's not supposed to be many but apparently there are some. I'd be interested in hearing once you/he gets settled and online.

Hehe, I made another character just for me to play when I'm bored playing Mort and I can't play Moorie cause Keri isn't around. She's an Undead Mage named Sistersledge. Big Grin

She's already lvl 15. It's fun, being a caster, I didn't think I'd like it, but mages are very aggressive and actually quite fast. I can't take damage worth a damn like my warrior can, but I can kill an enemy just as quickly if not quicker than most melee characters.

I love WoW. Big Grin

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
We have bought it now. My love is totally hooked. No kidding. He played all day yesterday. And chances are, all day today as well. (Minus tonight when we are going to a vampire-LARP.)

He has two characters, but it seems like he likes his tauren hunter best. It is called Humgruffin (level 10). He also plays a undead mage called Cacus (level 7). But the realm that Cacus was in, was not so fun, so I guess that is way he changed to Humgruffin. So, Cacus is played in a normal realm. No fighting between played characters, as far as I have understood it. Humgruffin is played in a Player versus Player realm or Roleplaying realm. Everything said and done is incharcter, and yes fighting between characters can happen. I guess that is way Peter likes that realm more.

I am somewhat surprised with this game, really. I STINK at playing computer games. I can never figure out the controls really. But this game was very easy to figure out for a beginner. And so you can enjoy the adventure more. My character is a troll warrior called TaraStealAx (level 4). (Yeah, it was supposed to be en E in the end there...) And I play in a normal realm. So far at least. Smile

I think I am hooked to. Razz

Oh, and I had no idea there were differences between the US version and the Europe one. Perhaps you can read about that somewhere... Hmmm....

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
That's cool. I know there are several RP (role playing) servers on WoW now, due to demand from the gamers.

I've yet to play on one of those but my friend Ryan does have a character on one of them. He says it's kinda cool having to do all things in character.

I would recommend a PVE (player versus environment) or "normal" server for beginners. PVP can frustrate a new player if they're not expecting to be ganked at times when they're just trying to quest or level up.

Hunters are cool although I don't like the ranged aspect, I'm more an up close and kill your face kinda player. I happen to like Tauren Hunters, I think they look cool. I like Tauren especially for the druid class, they get pre-determined buffs and resistances. The mage I have is Undead too.

That's not too shabby for either of you to be the levels you are. I love that whole "easy to grasp" aspect of WoW. It makes leveling quick and kinda fun to do.

I'm glad you both are having a good time playing so far. Smile

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
Proselytizer!

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Should old acquaintance be forgot...:
Proselytizer!

Say what???? Confused

Oh, and yes, I agree that it is more fun playing for the easiness of it. That is what got me hooked. I haven't had a chance playing yet, so TaraStealAx is still only level 4.

But, my lovily Peter is playing like CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!! Not with his undead mage, though. He is playing his dear Humgruffin, the tauren hunter. He got himself a wolf-pet now, and has reached level 12! Impressive...

I think it seems nice doing all incharacter, since we both play alot of roleplaying games, and LARPs, the step isn't long for either me or Peter to do it online to. If I start a new character on a roleplaying server I think I will play a nightelf hunter, so that I can get a big cat as a pet, sooner or later! *grin* We will see, we will see... I'll play my dear troll a littl more, to see if I can be a great fight with her... I wan't a two-handed axe, dammit!!!!

Can't wait for Peter to get to work, so I can play to... Razz

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
Reporting from the European World of Warcraft...

No, no twohanded axe yet... *grumble* I like my littl warrior. She is pretty cute, as trolls go. And kicks some serious ass. I got to level 5 last night, after finishing a quest. Got myself some new cool armour to and a new better axe, onehanded. :-) But then, when I started a new quest, something weird happend...

I was running towards a mine, where I was supposed to kill something, whatever... On my way there another played charcter called Jultomten (SantaClaus in swedish) started following me around, asking me to duel with him. I declined again, and again... But he didn't give up. Ran after me, standing in the way, doing silliness, like burst out laughing at me, making rude gestures and saying silly things to me in the chattwindow... I got so tired of him after awhile, so I duelled with him. And won, even though I was one level under him! BUT!!! Something weird happned. He did something to me, so I couldn't fight. And ran off laughing. I thought he had stolen my newly boutht axe, but that wasn't the case, he had taken away my fighting ability from my ability chart at the bottom off the screen, and me not being a experienced player, didn't understand how to put it back. Needless to say, it pissed me off somewhat. Gladly Peter helped me fix it, so now I am out for blood!!! *growl* If it is a duel he wants, oh is he ever gonna get it! smash

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately my little compy isn't big enough to load WoW so I won't be joining you.

Have fun, though.

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
Awww. Frown

Next time you're near Denton, you're getting on the comp to experience WoW. Smile

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Yes ma'am.

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
The adventures in WoW continues... Smile Peter is playing ALL the time. No kidding. He works nights now, so my only chance to play is when he is sleeping during the day. I have sex characters now, for the simple reason that I wanted to try all the different races and most of the different classes there were. Just for the hell of it. But my favorite is still my troll-warrior TaraStealAx. She is now lvl 11. The other 5 characters I have is around lvl 5 or 6, so I haven't played much with them, no.

Peter has 6 characters to. Although he is only playing with three of them. A troll-rouge, an undead-warlock and tauren-hunter. All those three are lvl 15-17.... The others are 13-15... So yeah, he has been spending alot of time with that game. Smile

But question to you Sara. You wrote somewhere in this here thread that you and your lady played together, right? How do you do that? Do you need to buy two games? And have two accounts to? Not that my comp can run it, but it might be nice to know in the future. Wink

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
Indeed, for the two of you to be on and playing at the same time, you need 2 computers and 2 seperate accounts.

Which sucks, but I do enjoy playing the character I specifically made to just play with Keri. She's a lvl 21 tauren druid. Smile

I'm glad you and Peter are still having lots of fun. Just wait, you haven't even begun to scratch the surface yet. Smile

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
So, I just need to get a new account, not a new game, rigth? I can use the same game-pack that Peter has, as long as I get a seperate account? Did I get that rigth?

*confusseld* Confused

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, you will have to get a new game. It's one of the few sucktacular things about Blizzard (the makers of WoW). You have to have the unique game ID, you can't share Peter's.

So yes, they make you buy a whole other game and then force you to keep paying $16.23 USD (that's incl. tax) just to play WoW with your friends or loved one.

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
Thanx alot Sarah! You've been a great help!

Oh, and my übercool little warrior reached lvl 16 yesterday! Weee! I got cool armour now. And a twohanded axe... And got invited to a really friendly guild, that helpe me alot with all sorts of differnt things.

OK. I admit it. I am just as hooked as my love is. Big Grin

Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
I saw this and thought of you guys!

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
You know what's perhaps the saddest thing?

That's happened before. God, the agony and defeat as some f'en noob ml'ers won't let you re-roll for BOE or BOP stuff even though your dc was not your fault.

And if you understood that, you're just as hooked as I am.

Big Grin

BTW, I unlocked a secret of WoW, I had not known before. I started a new character, a priest and she's got lots of different types of spells. The tool bar has only about 10 spaces in it. But by going to Interface Options and going to the Advance Tab, you can check on unlocking the Left Action Bar, Right Action Bar and the Right handed Action Bar, thus unlocking at least 40 more spaces for spells, professions, etc.

Happy Hunting. Smile

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
You know what the scary thing is Sara? I almost understod what you wrote there... *shivers* Oh yes. Me is hooked big time! I am playing everytime my love is at work. Razz Oh, and I have found those extra bars to, Sara. I needed it know. Who knew a warrior could have all those nifty moves, eh?

Got some alternitve characters, but not hight then lvl 10. My lovely little warrior hit 21 today! Yay me! I will not give up until I hit 60 with her, I swear!

Found a couple of cool communities on LiveJournal for girl only WoW-gamers, that are really nice to. Unfortunally I can't join there guilds Daughters of the Horde or Daughters of the Allience, since I only can pick European servers. But what the heck! Still with my friendly guild, and having alot of fun!

Isn't that why one plays a game after all? To have fun? Wink

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSena (previously known as Moonshade):

Isn't that why one plays a game after all? To have fun? Wink
Yes.

And to beat the crap out of baddies.

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
I've still been playing, tho not as much since softball season has begun.

My priest is a dwarf, and she's level 44 now. I actually enjoy being a healer, she's not to shabby for solo-ing either. It's been awhile since I've played my warrior buddy tho. Maybe I'll play him soon, there are way cool new dungeons to explore now.

How's things going with Tarastealax Moonshade?

BTW, I actually saw someone with that character name the other night. It was a Night Elf Druid. Smile

You run around long enough, you'll see almost every name of character. I have indeed seen a Xena, an Argo, and a Joxer. But no gabrielle to date. heh. Razz

*waiting for the expansion* Big Grin