Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Secret  Hop To Forums  Games    Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

Moderators: Sara, Smirk Morgan
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
 Login/Join 
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted
The next Fire Emblem game looks like it's taken all the great elements from the original GBA game, and improved them.

Click here to see a whole stack of images from the Japanese version. The English version is in development, at the moment.

I couldn't see any sign of our friends Lyn, Eliwood or Hector, but the new characters look interesting.

You choose where you move on the world map, this time, so that you have a little more control over the game and can play it a little differently.

There are some interesting new enemies to fight, including a dragon, a centaur and HUGE spider.

No telling yet when it's going to be released but I can't wait! Just when I was getting tired of Hector mode on the first game .....

Oh, who am I kidding? I'd still rather play Fire Emblem than just about any other game I can think of. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
News from IGN:

May 23rd will see the sequel to Fire Emblem on the GameBoy Advance. Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones will feature the same fantasy RPG-style strategy game design with a brand new story and scenario, as well as additional character classes specific to this follow-up.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, it looks neat but eh, the first one you're exposed to always has a special place. There's no Lyn...where the hell am I going to get my eye candy fix huh?

Besides, I still haven't finished FE on Hector mode yet, having been sidetracked by *cough*WoW*cough cough*.

Still, if I were to find it cheap one day, I'd prolly pick it up.

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I got about half way through Hector mode before being sidetracked by the Sims and Zelda.

You can bet your sweet bippy I'll be getting the next Fire Emblem, though. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
Interesting...now I'm more interested in playing it.

Fire Emblem Update

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Check out this, too: http://fireemblem.gameboy.com/

~~~~~~~~~~

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
IGN Reader's Game of the Month: Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Publisher: Nintendo
Developer: Intelligent Systems
Release Date: May 23, 2005

Reader Review quote: "While the First Fire Emblem was based on Uniqueness and Rigidity, FE:SS is all about customization. Many people will find that they can have more units of one type than ever before, thus allowing to mix and match to get the army that you want. The major difference of course, is that you get the ability to choose from two classes upon upgradation...This improvement makes the customization of an army very easy. This game has been made easier to appeal to younger people, but there is a hard mode for older players."

~~~~~~~~~~

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
The main gal in Sacred Stones is not a patch on our Lyndis.

Her name is Eirika. The weirdest thing about her is that I swear she looks like her neck is broken. If not for that I would probably like her. *shrugs*

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
I bought it last night. Smile

I'll let you know more as I get further along.

Scroller Extraordinaire
posted Hide Post
I don't even know if it is out here..

i'll have to look into it

Big Grin

Posts: 79 | Registered: 28 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
It's due out in Australia on 3 November 2005, just in time for Christmas.

And you just KNOW we're both gonna get it. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
What little I've played is actually pretty cool. You can backtrack to places you've visited on your map to pick up goods and supplies.

There's no Merlinus you have to defend but you still have access to your stuff at the beginning of battles.

Characters who join up (in the party at the very beginning) are pretty buff. Think Marcus but better.

Of course there are still poons you have to level but they're not too too bad.

Once I hit lvl 60 in WoW, I'm sure I'll get around to playing my PS2 games and the new FE on my GBA.

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
what a good week... day actually

charmed s4 AND the new fire emblem due out on the same day.

looks like i am gunna be broke this week

Big Grin

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Ooooo, cool!

I've picked up a copy in Texas and I'm having a blast playing it. I forgot how fun the game can be! Big Grin

I'm even starting to feel attachment to some of the characters.

Let the Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones addiction begin!

~~~~~~~~~~

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Well, the Sacred Stones addiction is over because ... I've finished it.

It was a lot shorter than the first Fire Emblem for GameBoy Advance (20 chapters compared to 33) and a helluva lot easier. I didn't even need to have levelled up all my characters to take out the final big bad.

It was still a fun game, but I can't see myself playing it again.

Unlike the first FE.

~~~~~~~~~~