Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Secret  Hop To Forums  Games    PenPals Lounge

Moderators: Sara, Smirk Morgan
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PenPals Lounge
 Login/Join 
Scroller
Picture of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
posted
This thread is to discuss what is going on in various corresponences. Come on in and give the players feedback as to what you like about their game.

Ask questions, but don't be surprised if the players don't want to give the whole plot away.

Posts: 25 | Location: Amsterdamned | Registered: 10 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
I'm liking the way Drusilla is being written. I think Moonshade is capturing the essence of the craziness. I think Spike and Dru have the voices, now I'm just waiting for some action. I'm also a little confused, is this set during the Spike/Buffy 'ship? After the ensoulment?

I have a confession to make...I haven't read past the second Harry Potter novel, so I've been hesitant to read Kate and Mad's take on Sirius Black and Lupin. I read the first few, but I can't really evaluate how "true" to character they are being written. I did like the opening letter a lot. I thought it was a great way to show someone grieving for a friend, reaching out even though they know nothing will happen. The fact that something does happen--well, that's rather nice.

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
I too am liking the Drusilla/Spike letters....I love the way both are writing them. I don't particularly know when it's set either and would love to find that out.

Buffy and Faith is way cool. Would love to see more of that develop.Smile Whoever is writing them has their charactars dead on, especially Faith. I can so see her saying that stuff, the attitude, all of it. And Buffy's last letter, starting out with, "It's bad. REally bad." THat alone is so SMG, it's not funny.

Thanks Nora for the commentary...I guess the spoiler aspect makes it hard for a few to view our work much less comment on it. Suffice to say, I'm taking a few liberties(I just love liberties, don't you?Big Grin), but I think both of us managed to stay true to JK's work and her charactars. Maddie i think is doing a stellar job. Anyway stay tuned!Big Grin

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
I forgot about Auto and Solari...I'm liking that so far. Altho i must confess i really don't know Solari that well, don't remember seeing her.Red Face. The few times i've seen Auto included the Herc eps with the Iolaus replacement wannabe and in Xena with Meg and Joxer chasing the Key to the Kingdom. Still...it's intriguing, i'm interested in seeing what develops.

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
I'm enjoying the letters, though I need to catch up with Harry Potter ones cause I haven't read the books.

I agree that Buffy and Faith are being played very well! I'm enjoying the storyline as well. I'm very interested to see where they will take it.

Also enjoying Spike/Drusilla. Moonshade's Drusilla is dead on! I can hear her voice when I read it. Spike writing that letter in front of Buffy was awesome!

I like the Solari/Autolycus combo. Kinda reminds me of Kentucky Sue and Jack in Jack of All Trades.

Smile

Posts: 493 | Location: over here | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
*blush down to toes* Thank you so much for all the nice words for my writing! My gawd! *stares* *collects self* Thank you, thank you! *does happy dance*

I see some explination is needed for our letters. OK. *cough* Here goes.

This is set after Spike got his soul. Check. Dru is out travling in North America alone. Check. But wait, you say? That doesn't work with the Angel-series. There is an explination for that. I, as a swede, has NOT seen the Angel-series. Razz So we are skipping that part. And Spike, well... He is a bit split about if he is a bad dog or a good dog. Wink That is all I know about Spike, basiclly. Wanna know more, ask Argy. Her character, her wicked plans. Big Grin

I have my hands full with Dru. Litterally. But I get alot of good ideas for her from various fanfic-writers on the net and from watching my Buffy-dvd's. Smile The reason why I am not having problems playing a vampire is that I have done so for years. I have been involved in a LARP based on the Vampire: The Masqurade roleplaying game for years. Oh, by the way LARP stands for Live Action Role Playing game. Just like RPG, but you dress up and act out your charcter in person. Smile Alot of fun. Especially when you play wicked bad dogs... *grin*

I must say, this penpals-game is really, really fun!!!! Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KSena,

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

My LiveJournal: A look inside KSenas mind...

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Just for the record, I'm not an Angel watcher either.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
Good to hear, Argy. Then it works with Dru being in New Orleans. Goody, goody... Off to see what wicked things you have thought out this time. Big Grin Did I mention I thought this was wickedly fun!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroller
Picture of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
posted Hide Post
I like that things are happening in Love Letters. I'm wondering what Spike's game is. He's always such a schemer.

Mad Dru, gets crazier and crazier. That's good, Moonie! Wink

Posts: 25 | Location: Amsterdamned | Registered: 10 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
*blush* Thank you!!! She even got drunk there on a wee bit of monster blood! LOL!!! I must say, writing letters for Drusilla was more fun then I thought!

And I have even been invited to another Letter-writing-game on LiveJournal. I did post a link to Loveletters in my own LiveJournal, and they saw it and are now asking me to write there Drusilla as well!!! YAY! I think I found my calling... Big Grin

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Hey, that's awesome!

Good for you. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I know! *squeee* Big Grin It worked very well as an extra birthday gift! I know now what fanfic-writers are talking about. Getting good response from your writings are just great! Big Grin

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
If anyone gets a chance to check out the Sirius and Lupin thread(those of you who read up to at least book 5 of course...) the plot is thickening!Big Grin

I know, shameless plug, sorry, lol.Wink i know some of you are so immersed in Book 6 right now...like i was last three days and didn't even come online much.

But...in keeping with the commentaries, I love the way the Dru/Spike letters are shaping up...that last letter by Spike, kind of from out in left feild...leaving poor Dru all confused...lol that's kind of fun, she's already mad and now she's confused...is Spike playing with her mind a bit? Anyway, looking forward to seeing what develops.Big Grin

I love the last Faith letter too...such attitude...and the Gabby letter is very moving, I'd be interested in seeing what develops.

I need to get back to the Autylocus correspondences, I've sorely neglected them, sorry.Red Face

Anyway, onward, this is such fun! I need more coffee now...

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroller
Picture of Faith the Vampire Slayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sirius Black:
I love the last Faith letter too...such attitude...

You try handlin' a city full of vamps and demons with nothing but a buncha Mouseketeers and see how you feel, Twinkie.

Razz

Posts: 19 | Location: Cleveland | Registered: 10 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Can't be much worse than dealin with a bunch of Death Eaters...Big Grin

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sirius Black:
If anyone gets a chance to check out the Sirius and Lupin thread(those of you who read up to at least book 5 of course...) the plot is thickening!Big Grin

I know, shameless plug, sorry, lol.Wink i know some of you are so immersed in Book 6 right now...like i was last three days and didn't even come online much.

But...in keeping with the commentaries, I love the way the Dru/Spike letters are shaping up...that last letter by Spike, kind of from out in left feild...leaving poor Dru all confused...lol that's kind of fun, she's already mad and now she's confused...is Spike playing with her mind a bit? Anyway, looking forward to seeing what develops.Big Grin

Yes, he is such a bad dog, is he not? Playing around with Princesses mind. Not fun, no. And he is not even invited to the party! Razz

*jumps out of character* And thanx again for nice wording of writings! I think Argy is writing very nicely, doing an exelent Spike. All attitude! And loves fool to. But I think she's got an trick or two up her sleeve for William the Bloody. Can't wait to see what she comes up with. Smile

I am following Sirius and Remus letters. They are very exiting! I was a bit worried there for a while that you would use book 6 as well. I am relieved to see that you are not. I didn't wanna be spoiled. Razz You both write very nice. And so long! I can't figure out how to write that long. Love what your doing, though. I get a feeling one might see if they are "just" friends pretty soon... Big Grin

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Moon!Smile Naaa, I think it's WAY too soon to use book six.Razz Book five is enough and so many haven't even finished that one.

But thanks for the kind words...lol, yes it does seem to be shaping up into something kinda "friendly"...Wink...i love Maddie's "mad Lupin" thing too...it's a challenge for Sirius to be the calm, rational one for once, but he finds it exciting I think...he does like being useful after all. He's a GOOD dog that way.Big Grin

Ahhh, good old Argy and her surprises. She's good at them isn't she?Big Grin Can't wait to see what happens next.

~~Johnny Depp.

Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Drusilla:
I am following Sirius and Remus letters. They are very exiting! I was a bit worried there for a while that you would use book 6 as well.

bit difficult for some of us to do that blush. don't worry though, even when i do get around to finishing it (some day...), we won't spoil you. glad you're enjoying it Big Grin

*wonders if mabye we should switch our thread to NC-17 too Eek*

--------------------------------------

Posts: 2779 | Registered: 16 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
Well, NC-17 is such a nice thing, isn't it? Although I changed it for the gore and blood and craziness, not for the sexiness, even though that has turned up as well... Razz

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I don't have much to add, apart from everyone is writing very well.

This is more fun than I suspected.

Ha ha ha. *taps finger slowly on side of nose* Wink

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
You know, you do make me nervous, Argy... Why the heck aren't answering my letters...? *somewhat confusseld*

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
The main reason I haven't been answering letters is that I haven't had much internet access, of late.

Don't worry, I'll start writing again soon.

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
Ah, that explains it. Smile I'll be patient and wait then.

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
For the record I just have to say I really enjoy Solaris and Auto's letters! That last one just put a smile on my face. Wonderful, really wonderful! Big Grin