Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Secret  Hop To Forums  Games    nintendogs

Moderators: Sara, Smirk Morgan
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

nintendogs
 Login/Join 
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted
Well, we got the dachshund and friends version and I've been playing it for about a half hour and it's interesting to say the least. It really is like having your own brand new puppy. You have to train it, feed it, walk it and to earn money you have to show it. It can be a bit irritating at times when the dog won't listen to you (just like in real life) but when it does it's worth it to see all your hard work pay off. Of course the fact that I am playing a game where you have to call a dog's name over and over again to get it to come to you at 1am while your girlfriend is trying to sleep in the other room is a little frustrating in it self.

Okay so I have a beagle and I named her....are you ready?....Lucy. I'm sure tomorrow when Rachel plays it she will get the Pug. I like the Husky too.

Looks like you can buy differant home enviroments too but it costs more money than you initially have so showing your dog is inevitable if you want new stuff.

The booklet says that the kennel may add new breeds. I don't know if this is true or how it does it but I guess we will find out.

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
This is a game that I plan on getting when it's released here. There's still another month to go for us though I think. September 22 is what I heard.

I'll probably get the Dachshund one too, because I want to have a little Husky puppy Smile

Keep us updated on Lucy! Big Grin

Also, the latest Penny Arcade comic focuses on Nintendogs. I'm not sure if you would share the sentiments though, lol Wink

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Heh - that cartoon is funny!

If I didn't have a dog I would definitely get this game and I'd choose the labrador version.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
LOL...loved the comic...I could almost see myself getting there.

My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
I forgot to post in here since I got the game Smile I got the Dachshund version as well. I have a Husky named Severus Big Grin

He does well in the disc competitions Smile

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Lucy is doing really well in the obedience trials. It's hard though sometimes because the game does not always recognize what you are saying and that can definately hinder the competitions.

My Space

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I got the Labrador version but it bored me pretty quickly.

I think I played it for all of fifteen minutes, and I can't see myself picking it up much in the near future.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post