Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Secret  Hop To Forums  Games    Animal Crossing: Wild World
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: Sara, Smirk Morgan
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Animal Crossing: Wild World
 Login/Join 
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted
***SPOILERS***
I TALK A BIT IN DEPTH ABOUT THIS GAME SO IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED HERE IS YOUR CHANCE GET OUT!

Okay, before I tell you the name of my town and all, I would like to say that the graphics on this game aren't as nice as I would have liked. I kinda expected it since I've read an article or two that have commented on the lack of smoothness. I do have to say that the gameplay definately makes up for it. I love the fact that the world is not flat anymore. You are constantly going over a hill and that makes for an interesting view. This iliminates screen changes. Makes the game flow better.
You no longer have to save with the gyroid thing outside your house. You go to sleep in your (what seems like unmovable) bed and go into save mode. Nooks sells medicine which seems to imply that you are going to get sick. The museum looks awesome which appears to have a small nightclub in the basement. I'm wondering what that is all about. It has a small stage with piano and speakers but no one on it. I have yet to play after day hours on the game. There are a lot of little things that I'm still learning and discovering.
The town offices seem a bit more extensive. I'm not sure what is going on with the police station but it looks like a small fortress and Copper would hardly talk to me. The other bulldog cop (name not coming to me) is still a scared little puppy. They look like they are both dressed in some kind of armor....I think. Anyways, I only played it for an hour last night before I fell asleep. Some of the stuff seems a little hazy. Okay....

Name of town: Hogwarts (hehe)
Name: Hermione (you knew when you read Hogwarts, didn't you?)
Population: 4 so far including me
Fruit: Cherries
Roof: purple (didn't choose it but nice)

I'll of course be happy to answer any questions. Sorry if some of this seems confusing. I only got 3-4 hours sleep last night. No comment. Razz

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
I'm boring, I just went with using my real name for my character's name Razz Also, I went with naming my town Salem again. I didn't plan ahead, and panicked Razz

I was worried about whether I'd like the new rolling effect, but I got used to it really quickly and now I quite like it Smile

I love being able to see the sky!

Bunnie moved in to my town today, which was sort of nice, because she also lives in my town on the Gamecube Big Grin

Town: Salem
Name: Andrew
Population: 7, including me
Fruit: Oranges
Roof: Green

Oh yeah, I also have the Harry Potter theme as my town tune, like I had on the cube. I really love the way it sounds when the hour changes Smile

PS: I think I've already been scammed out of money. Watch out for a shady little character named Lyle -_-

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up on Lyle! The animals do seem a bit smarter, carrying around shovels and nets and fishing poles. I wonder if they actually do anything with them. I sometimes bury my stuff in the ground. I was somewhat surprised to see that if you have have another person playing on your game they sleep in the same house. I haven't shared a town much less a house with Rachel in a LONG time. Should be interesting. On a side note, I told Rachel about the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector. She seemed impressed with the price. So hopefully sometime in the near future I will be Wi-Fi compatible. Big Grin

My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Ooooo is it out already in Oz?

*adds to her Christmas list*

XF3 I hope you're gonna get online so we can visit your town.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Me too! Me too!.....I actually told Rachel that I want to get online so that I can play with Argy and Salem and any other scroller buddies that want to join the fun.....hehehe Big Grin

My Space

Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Salem.....

When you get a chance....could you post the notes for the HP theme?...I would love to hear it!....thanksSmile

My Space

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
Harry Potter:

ad-fed-AG--e--

The capital A and G, are the yellow (at least, I think they're yellow) coloured notes. The higher sounding ones Smile

Just leave the last two spots empty, with the little symbols with the two Z's above them, and all should go well. I hope Eek

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Thank you, my dear!....I will go put it in now. Big Grin

My Space

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Picked up my copy today, but it's a Christmas present, so I won't be able to open my town for business until after the 25th.

See you then! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
Bah, when Nook was telling me he would upsize my house, he asked what colour roof I wanted and I went to say 'sky blue' but I accidentally pressed 'orange' >.<

Not that it looks bad, I just didn't want an orange roof.

Crazy Redd is in my town today Big Grin

Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Yay! Glad you got yours Argy! Rachel tried buying a painting from Redd and took it to the museum. It ended up being a forged painting. I'm not sure if there is a way that you can tell before you buy it. I love how you can send stuff to the animals in your town and they actually send stuff back. Makes me want to actually write letters.

Still don't know when I will be wi-fi capable. Rachel will give me no indication if I might be getting it for cristmas so who knows.

My Space

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sexy Severus Snape:

Rachel will give me no indication if I might be getting it for cristmas so who knows.
I'd say that's a pretty good indication itself. Wink

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Hehe...thats what I'm hoping!

My Space

Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
I forgot to say that I talked to Lyle the yesterday. It's a good thing that I didn't have any money on hand. I thought I would be able to get away with telling him no three or four or fifteen times that I didn't want any but that apparantly wasn't the case. I think Salem forgot to mention that he looks like a mole or a beaver in a little business suit carrying a little briefcase. It would be cute if he weren't a little leech. Razz

I LOVE THE HATS! I've been wearing my blue wool winter hat. (I'm sure that's not what it's called on the game.) I thought I was doing good by not playing and cleaning house. Instead I'm on the scrolls talking about playing instead of cleaning house. I'm hopeless. smash Razz

My Space

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
You say hopeless and I say an extremely dedicated Scroller. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
After I got stung by a bee, I got a letter from Lyle containing... 100 bells.. Not exactly worth it, after the 3000 bells I paid him.. Well, unless I get stung by more than 30 bee's I guess..

I bought a painting from Crazy Redd, and it was accepted at the museum, but when he was back today and I bought another painting, Blathers told me it was a counterfeit Frown Lyle came back a second time, before this, but that time I didn't have an bells on me either, so I couldn't pay him even if I wanted to.

Also, I didn't win the Fishing Tournament yesterday Frown

I do have a nice red winter hat though Big Grin I think it's called a 'red pom-pom hat'.. It's nice Smile

Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Argeaux:
You say hopeless and I say an extremely dedicated Scroller. Smile

That I am...that I am. Smile

My Space

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I heard a rumour that Ame is starting to get interested in this game, which might mean that she will own a DS sometime in 2006.

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
That would be freaking awesome! Do you think she would get online to? I can imagine the letters coming from her. Big Grin

My Space

Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
I just thought I would tell you guys that I got the official guide today as an early xmas present. It's pretty sweet. It even has patterns in it.Big Grin

My Space

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sexy Severus Snape:

Do you think she would get online to?
Yeah.

IF she gets it.

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
I feel like a jackass. Rachel walked into the room while I was on this thread and sat down with me and read it. Roll Eyes It's not like she didn't know that I wanted the wifi. Just having her read all of that was enough to put some pink in my cheeks. blush Oh well. Whatever. Razz

My Space

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
I reckon we can break Ame. There's three of us and only one of her evil

And now, a brief comical interlude.

There was a Royal Crown for sale at the Able Sisters shop today. I wanted to buy it, until I saw the price. 1,200,000 bells! Eek I thought maybe it was a trick, so I said I'd buy it, but then she told me I didn't have enough. (332 bells, lol).

Also, Bunnie movied out of my town yesterday Frown It's okay though. Daisy is still my favourite and she's still there. She'll never leave me. I won't let her leave! @_@

Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
There's also a throne for a bit cheaper at 800,000 bells. When Rachel told me that I thought she was joking. I hadn't seen the crown yet.

Sorry about Bunnie. Wolfgang is my current in town favorite because he's mean and funny at the same time. I want Kiki to move in. She's my favorite.

My Space

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Aw, sorry that Rachel read the thread. Frown

That's why I always Scroll alone. Wink

That comic was too cute! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~