Scrolls
World's Most Stupidest Movies

This topic can be found at:
https://bingoze.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/188600152/m/553608234

22 October 2003, 04:55 PM
Amethyst
World's Most Stupidest Movies
What are the like SUPER BAD movies of all time?

Ever watched something you couldn't finish, or wish you had never started?

I'll start the list.

Zoolander

========================

Leo: Hey, you want to freeze me in bed for your own personal pleasure, that is fine, but freezing Natalie is not gonna make her or the Elders happy.
22 October 2003, 11:26 PM
Nouchy
Yeah, i can name a few that i couldn't even finish.

Dr T and the Women
Hope Floats

uhm... there was one more but i can't think of it. agh!

oh yes. Hanging Up
23 October 2003, 10:03 AM
Shawn
I'm sure this isn't the 'worst' movie ever, but I'll be damned if I can get through more than 15 mins of it.
Moulin Rouge!

Sorry Confused

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here’s a foreign song I learned in Utah.
Ha
Va - Ha - va
Na - Ha - va - na
Gie - Ha - va - na - gei
Lah - Ha - va - Na - gei - lah
O-de-ley-e-e-oooo
23 October 2003, 04:03 PM
Fahrenheit
Eyes Wide Shut...a pile of suck.
23 October 2003, 05:39 PM
The Xenatizer
Here's my Yuck-Parade off the hip.
This list is subject to constant changes and moods. Wink

10) True Lies
09) Top Gun
08) Titanic
07) Blue Lagoon
06) Love Story
05) Red Dawn
04) The Green Berets
03) The Rambo series
02) Independence Day
01) Episode I & II

A few other off-the-cuff pet hates:

The Fast & The Furious + sequel
Charlie's Angels
The Wedding Planner
Tears Of The Sun (routine fascist crap, here as a stand-in for all those other abominations of the same smell - see Michael Dudikoff, Stephen Segal... etc)
Rocky (for the most blatant as well as ignored rip-off in cinema history)
Dumb & Dumber (nomen est omen)
Police Academy I - ? (Does humour belong in comedy? Obviously not)
Everything with Chevy Chase (Who on earth ever thought this man is funny???)
Days of Thunder (Top Gun on tarmac)
Legend (The eternal shame of high budget Fantasy. There's only a German word to describe it adequately: Kitsch)
Baz Lurman's Romeo & Juliet with Di Capuccino. To even mention Shakespeare in close proximity with this bucket of trendy tripe is a sacriledge.
Daredevil (only the chick with the two Sais was cool... but not half as cool as a real character with the same weapons not all that unknown to us. Wink )

more when more springs to mind
The Xenatizer
23 October 2003, 06:08 PM
Fahrenheit
quote:
Originally posted by The Xenatizer:
Everything with Chevy Chase (Who on earth ever thought this man is funny???)

Word. Beverly D'Angelo (and a few others sprinkled in there) totally carried the Vacation movies...as far as they were carried.
23 October 2003, 07:40 PM
Sara
Great googily moogily...I loathe all Harry Potter movies. And I have the right to, having been dragged to all 2 by Gabber Razz

Other notable hateables:

Throw Momma from the Train
Cannibal the musical (don't ask)
All Friday the 13th movies
All Halloween movies
Scream (gack!)
Speed, both of them
George of the Jungle

A big WORD to Hope Floats and Legend. Lord God almighty. Razz

More to come when my brain is working.

I offer no apologies for the things that I believe and say
And I like it that way

I'm not conceited, I'm convinced.

I really am great, you know.

25 October 2003, 09:24 AM
lila997
Disclaimer:If I am not in some way pulled into a movie by something my multi-tasking personality tends to kick in and I folding laundry, playing with the dogs etcand I lose all interest and either give up or shut off the film.
That being said... these are a few bad ones that come to mind.

Glitter
Crossroads (w/ B Spears)
Problem Child pt 2 (sorry John Ritter)
Me Myself and Irene
Eraser
Duets
Oscar

I am sure I will think of more. Give me time

-----------------------------------

" Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying- 'I will try again tomorrow' "
25 October 2003, 10:49 PM
beauTifully tragic
showgirls.. gina gershon or no gina gerson

26 October 2003, 01:58 AM
Amethyst
Hey!! Jess LOVES George of the Jungle

*G*

========================

Leo: Hey, you want to freeze me in bed for your own personal pleasure, that is fine, but freezing Natalie is not gonna make her or the Elders happy.
26 October 2003, 04:37 AM
Amethyst
He said, She said

========================

26 October 2003, 08:36 PM
Argeaux
Meatballs IV

and

The Last Of The Mohikans

are THE worst films I have ever tried to sit through.

~~~~~~~~~~

Who did you think I would be? - HA! - well you got me instead. Wink

27 October 2003, 08:12 PM
KSena
Meet Joe Black

I feel asleep.

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

http:fade.to/valkyria

28 October 2003, 02:10 PM
Smirk Morgan
Young Man with a Horn

Starring Kirk Douglas as a Bix Beiderbecke type of trumpeter in the early days of the Jazz Age. Follow young Kirk as he and his cohort, Smoke the piano player (the one truly bright spot of this flick)get tossed out of dance bands for breaking the code by trying to swing the music. See young Kirk become a rising star who flirts with girl singer Betty-er Doris Day (this may be her first film role ever). See Kirk be led astray by Doris' wealthy friend Veronica-er Lauren Bacall. See Kirk descend into alcoholic destruction as he realizes that he made a mistake in marrying Laren Bacall when she destroys his beloved jazz record collection because he chooses to go to the funeral of his mentor-a black musician-instead of to some society party. See Kirk wander aimlessly in a drunken haze until he finally sinks to the depth of pawning (I can't believe it!) his prized horn. See Doris and Smoke search for him only to find him as he lays gravely ill at Death's door. See Kirk miraculously recover!

Schmaltzy, sappy and aimless. I can just see Lauren Bacall on the set of this asking the director, "So what's my motivation to do these evil things?" "Three words, sweetheart. Seven year contract."

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.

P.G. Wodehouse
28 October 2003, 02:46 PM
Fahrenheit
Well...then there's the none-too-subtle lesbian subtext factor Wink
08 November 2003, 02:49 AM
Madogis
stephen king's rose red
i have been practising my rant about this one. at a normal running length, it may have been bareable, but at OVER 240 MINUTES it was truly beyond boredom.

here we have a perfectly good haunted house story. in fact, all the haunting stuff isn't too bad. there are sets in this film that you would give your right eye for, but unfortunatley, no one knows how to use them!

everyone just stands round in an inneffective cluster going "oooh". and what the HELL kind of movie kills off the best characters!? this is a film that leaves the weak, the ignorant, the annoying and the useless left standing, while the interesting, attractive, and intelligent fall to their doom! it's insanity!!

and THEN there's some kind of bizare vampire sub-plot or something that makes ABSOLUTELY no sense. and what's worse, it completely blemishes the spotless record of one nancy travis, who doesn't so much have a character arch as she does a character spasm! it's not like she even turns from one thing to antother, she just sort of is one thing and then with no explaination what so ever, she's something else entirely. i mean come on people! give the audience a little credit!

in short, technical department yay, everyone else, you're fired.

the great land of small
uh, a lack-luster film in all respects, but to be fair, it might get better after the first 15 minutes. that's as much as i could take. mimmick has his moments.

the elm-chanted forest
a low budget children's animation, circa 1980s. and lets be honest, people are not all that fussed when it comes to the qaulitly of such things.

the terminator
i just can't seem to make it through this movie. yay terminator 2, but the first one...well, i'm not entirely convinced i've seen more than 10 minutes of it total. it just makes no sense to me.

there's more than that but i think i blew a fuse over rose red...it's just so STUPIDMad!!

house on haunted hill and valentine aren't the brightest stars in the hollywood heavens either, but they have all sins forgiven by the inclusion of my boys, james marsters and david boreanez reaspectively. they're so pretty Smile

--------------------------------------

i used to be with it. then they changed what it was. now what i'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird an scary to me. it'll happen to YOU.
08 November 2003, 10:25 AM
KSena
I liked Rose Red, but on the other hand, I didn't see the full-length version... Smile

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>