Tools
Comic Books
 Login/Join 
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted
Anyone got any favourite comic books?

I love graphic novels like the Love and Rockets series, and I've always been a bit of a sucker for a good Batman story.

I used to read a lot of Judge Dread, but I've gone off him a bit. Too predictable. I prefer Judge Anderson.

Which ones do you like to read?

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
Oh good lord... Now your really gonna get me startin... Big Grin There is a reason that my masters thesis has the subject comics....

Now. For my oldest favorite I have to say Donald Duck. He has his own comic here. I have had a subscribtion on it since I was 6 years old. That is 20 years folks!

Then there is Elfquest. Also an old time favorite. I don't have all of the graphic novels yet, but I am working on it.

Batman and Spiderman are also comics that I buy now and then.

Don't know if you've heard about it, but W.I.T.C.H is also a comic I have a subscribtion for. And the norwigan comic Nemi. I posted a comic with her when she dressed up as Xena here once. I also have a subscribtion for the only manga-magazine in Sweden: Manga Mania.

I have hade subscriotion for Witchblade, when they still translated it to swedish. Then there is Lone Wolf and Cub... Wonderful, just plain wonderful.

I have also justed discoverd Revolutionary Girl Utena. Pink, pink, pink and swords!!!

OK. So I am a comic-freak to... AND PROUD OF IT!

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

My LiveJournal: A look inside KSenas mind...

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Prof. Lurker
posted Hide Post
There were some good Batman comics in the past, I no longer read them, though. I don't read Spiderman anymore, but I still think he's a good role model for kids.
At present I only buy X-Men magazines; Wolverine & Rogue are very interesting characters.
Other favorite is Strangers in Paradise and I keep some old classics like Asterix, Tintin, Mafalda, Tarzan.
Oh, almost forgot the original Elektra, my first Greek-blue-eyed-brunette fighting girl xena

Posts: 571 | Location: Brasilia | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of Rellik
posted Hide Post
I am ashamed to admit, i actually used to read archie comics. they were addictive little things...

and of course i collected almost all the xena comics.
some of them had wicked graphics that looked just like xena and gab from the show.

Posts: 410 | Location: canada | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I should have added that we have the complete set of Asterix and Tin Tin at our house. Did you know that they are still releasing Asterix comics?

I've got three of the Xena graphic novels. One is great, one is so-so and the other one is pretty poor. It's difficult to write a good comic story.

~~~~~~~~~~

Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Prof. Lurker
posted Hide Post
quote:
some of them had wicked graphics that looked just like xena and gab from the show.
-> Brazilian artist Mike Deodato used lots of photographic references for better portraying X & G

quote:
Did you know that they are still releasing Asterix comics?

Yes, and I wonder A. Uderzo is making them the traditional way, no computer colors.

Posts: 571 | Location: Brasilia | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
Ahh comics, it's a time honored tradition in my family.

My favorites include: X-men, X-Factor, Fantastic Four, Spiderman, The Hulk, Ghost Rider, Thor, The Punisher (excellent comics), Hellboy, Lobo, Green Lantern, Justice League America (never liked Europe), The New Mutants, the Titans and many many limited edition series, like the one for Venom, Carnage, Robin, etc.

Too many to name. I've seen a few Xena comics, not too shabby. I've also seen Willow and Tara comics, I rather liked those but s'about all.

And hey, I used to read Archie comics like mad. Smile

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I used to read Betty and Veronica comics.

Don't hurt me.

~~~~~~~~~~

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Oh and, might I add, Richie Rich.

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
I might add that I just listed my favorites in my list... I used to read most of the Marvel comics thats been translated to swedish. And alot of swedish comics as well, especially one thats called Bamse, that tells the story about a little bear that grows as strong as Superman (but can't fly) when he eats a speciall kind of honey. He is also kind and honest. It is a comic for younger children, but I still enjoy it now and then. Fun thing about my comics is that I have read them, bought them and collected them since I was 6 years old, and I haven't troughn away anyone. I have given away a few to friends, but thats all. Smile Quite a collection now...

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

My LiveJournal: A look inside KSenas mind...

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
I forgot all about Shazam, I really dug Shazam. True, it was a shaky concept but eh, I dug it. Smile And Argy, I used to read Richie Rich too. Smile Dollar was my favorite.

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
*hay, is my old thread on manga still around? It didn't get processed into cheese did it?!*

Comics...not manga this time but comics.

I read The Hulk, Daredevil, Spiderman, Ultimates, Ultimate Fantastic 4, The Monolith (great new DC series) and various mini-series comics like 1602.

My current favorite is Sojourn. The archeress Arwyn is seeking the fragments of a weapon in hope of bringing back Ayedn to destroy Mordath.

Confused? Explained better here-

http://www.needcoffee.com/html/comics/sojourn1tpb.htm

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post