Scrolls
Y'knowwwwww....

This topic can be found at:
https://bingoze.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/235102177/m/136102203

27 June 2004, 11:00 PM
Free Madness
Y'knowwwwww....
I'm watching this John Inman special right now on PBS(he's Mr. Humphreys on Are you being served in case some don't know) and they just talked about "Grace and Favor", a sequel to "Are you Being Served." Well, lol, they gave Mr. Humphreys a girlfriend, some beautiful blonde to share his bed so no one would think he was gay. lol. Lame! Lame lame lame! Controversy is so old it rusted! Roll Eyes
Anyway just thought i'd share that, but some may already know. Silly silly silly. oh well. One of these blue moons the BBC will catch up with Joss Whedon and others hah.
Lol, even East Enders is lame--they had two gay lovers hugging but never kissing, oooooh no. That wouldn't work would it? lol okay I'll get off my soapbox now.Big Grin

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

28 June 2004, 07:59 AM
zoom
here a rant, there a rant, everywhere a rant rant... Wink

battle on, WP9...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

29 June 2004, 10:49 PM
Free Madness
heheheheh!
I am only here to entertain you with my ranting!WinkBig Grin

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

29 October 2004, 08:41 AM
PsychoJunkie13
To be fair to them, Are You Being Served was a good 20 years ago! And Eastenders is on in the afternoon and has a bit of a "white trash" style following, so is less likely to have blatant sex. Equally most of the straight characters only fight, hug or kiss ;-)

Modern BBC tends to be quite liberal. There are frequent gay characters in many of the BBC drama programmes and a fair few in the comedy arena too.

----------
"Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you" -- despair.com
29 October 2004, 08:59 AM
zoom
wtf? you gonna just post all nonchalantly like that and not expect someone to say...

PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEJAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

heh--hiya...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

29 October 2004, 09:36 AM
PsychoJunkie13
LOL. Y'all did say to stop in sometime ;-)

----------
10 November 2004, 11:52 AM
Argeaux

11 November 2004, 06:24 AM
Madogis
well, at least "neighbours" is doing it's part by having lana and sky go the big smooch-fest Smile. of course it was all "i was confused! i regret it!" but still. it was a tad controversial, but not in a bad way - i think it's more just exciting to see that australian soaps are finally stepping out of the 80s Smile. and of course, we all know that "home and away" is nurturing a beautiful relationship between robbie and kim Wink

--------------------------------------
18 February 2005, 10:52 AM
PsychoJunkie13
LOL -- yes, Neighbours time slot in our house is referred to as "action lesbian time!" by myself and one of my camp male housemates. They're so cuuuuuuuttte!!

----------