Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Race Around Ancient Greece    Chronicles of the Way
Page 1 2 3 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Chronicles of the Way
 Login/Join 
Scroller Extraordinaire
Picture of Eli
posted
A new threat to the Way has been gaining ground in the land of Greece. Something has awoken an evil energy in the world, and I know I am needed there. I’m not sure if the soul of Xena is really all this evil is after. I’ve had visions of a coming destruction beyond all imagination, so I am taking physical form soon to look for my old friends. But first I will take some time to meditate and read the writings of Calib. His teachings will enlighten me further about the chakrum Xena carries. I must know more about it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Eli,

LOVE IS THE WAY...

Enter The Higher Realm Here

Posts: 78 | Location: Everywhere | Registered: 06 December 2004Report This Post
Scroller Extraordinaire
Picture of Eli
posted Hide Post
What concerns me is the repetition of the number three in everything Calib wrote, but there were only two chakrams; one of light that could kill a god, and one of dark that Xena used to subdue evil men. And this symbol of the Trium eye in his writings:

Is it a sign of the missing third chakram? If so what is its purpose? I believe the answer to that question will lead to the dawning of a new age.

Now that Ephany has joined my search for the door in the land of the Amazons I feel that we can accomplish much. I still don’t know how to find the missing chakrum though. For that, I’m going to have to meet with some unsavory characters, perhaps I should try that famous thief first, that friend of Xena’s that I’ve heard so much about.

LOVE IS THE WAY...

Scroller Extraordinaire
Picture of Eli
posted Hide Post
It was so sudden that I could do nothing to stop it. The knife came out and in a flash and Ephiny was dead. But I am not ready to give up yet. That son of hers needs her and I need her. The Amazons will give her the fine funeral she has been waiting for, then I will call her back again, after her purifying death, she will be even more helpful with the task we have ahead.

In the meantime I need to halt Livia and the only woman I know who can do that is Xena. I’ll have to go see her and Gabrielle, my first disciple. I have so much to discuss with her.

LOVE IS THE WAY...

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I love a man who just keeps going.

Wink

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Extraordinaire
Picture of Eli
posted Hide Post
Some thoughts on love

The true power of love is found in the ability of beings to engage with one another.
Love is not a feeling, it’s an event.
They say “No man is an island.” We all need each other.
Love is connecting, and sometimes that connection is perverted and leads to suffering.
Without the longing to engage there would be no life at all.
To find one’s true calling look for a way to engage with others that suits one’s own temperament, otherwise your life will be hell.

I’ve learned so much more about love from my Father. As a man I thought it was simple; just love, and all will be well. But I see now that there are forces of love that can hurt as well as heal. I spent my time on earth as a man willing to love fully in order to heal fully. Now I know that there is much more to healing the human spirit. It’s a challenge of light and dark forces within us true, but there is a darkness that cannot be undone by love. I believe it is this dark force that I must subdue and enchain so that men will be free to choose love, only then they can live in the grace that my Father gives freely.

LOVE IS THE WAY...

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I love a man who wants to engage freely.

Wink

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroller Extraordinaire
Picture of Eli
posted Hide Post
The gods of this age are pathetic! They worry about the twilight when they never even had a sunrise! Jealousy, rage, torments; these are the fruits of the gods. In time, these fallen angels will not have a way into this world, I will see to that!

Human life is the most precious thing ever created. With spirit, soul and body, Mankind has everything required to know love. It’s not easy, and there are sacrifices, but there is nothing more satisfying in this universe than love.

What do the gods of this age know of love? Look at Aphrodite, the so-called god of love. She mocks love in her every waking moment, whether she intends to or not! She is no different than the others- always needing and taking and never giving. What would these fallen angles do without human lives to play with?

Without a soul of their own they will never be satisfied or content. I pity them really. They were duped into an empty existence, and now their time will soon be over.

LOVE IS THE WAY...

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I love a man who can satisfy.

Wink

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroller Extraordinaire
Picture of Eli
posted Hide Post
Sometimes hearing the thoughts of men is more than I can take! Women too! That poor Minya following her flesh as easily as water flows down a mountain. Her search is such a sad and empty trial for her- in bed with someone new every day, and dreaming of another before she is even through! It’s hard to see her go through it all, except that I know that my Father will turn even her depravity to good.

But the mind of my first disciple; how pure and wonderful her thoughts are, looking always for the peaceful way, even now that I’ve been gone for so long. Her reward will be great in heaven, when that time does finally come.

I’ve extended so much of my grace to my child Ephany. It is such a hard thing to see your people suffer, but to give your freedom up so easily… I should have spent more time with her. She would have understood that the way of love is not always passive. One must know when to yield and when to fight. After all, righteous anger will always be well rewarded. I’m hoping to spend much more time with this pure-hearted woman.

Well, the material existence is never easy. And there is a well-spring of forgiveness to be given to these children of God, once they understand that all it takes is the faith to ask. Then they will walk in a new life, and I will walk beside them all the way.

LOVE IS THE WAY...

Scroller Extraordinaire
Picture of Eli
posted Hide Post
I’ve heard people say that in death, if we have entered our dealings fairly, we are relieved of our debts. They believe that a person can not be expected to fulfill what they cannot once they have lost their body, and that the soul alone can not bear the burdens that we carry in life.

But my Father showed ma that once the soul is separated from the body it remains joined to the spirit and lives forever. The opportunity to repay debts has left, yes, but the question remains- where in the universe can that spirit reside? If it is unsure of the way to salvation it will roam about, searching for repayment for all it has suffered, or for a way to repay all the wrongs committed, depending on the life of that soul. Either way it is torment.

But there is hope, because there is a way. Love is the way. Not a promise or an oath, but a commitment to love.

When the time comes, the love that I adhered to when I allowed that small god to kill me will save the world. It was no small thing to be killed in that way, but it seems that my witnesses have not understood this important event. Many struggle with the gods of this age but few are singled out for death. They will soon know that my death will be their end. And lost souls of every age and time will have their burdens lifted for the first time in history.

LOVE IS THE WAY...

Scroller Extraordinaire
Picture of Eli
posted Hide Post
It is time that the story of my birth may be known to the world. I will write it here and in the scrolls of Calib so that it can be found by my favorite disciple. Here it is:

Asclepios came through the god Zeus it is true, for the gods of this age were at one time very powerful indeed. You can find the story of his life among the stories of the gods writ by the Greeks of old. His youth was spent learning the healing arts from Cherion, a centaur and son of Cronos living in the wilderness where he was left to live or die. Asclepois leaned many things from him, not least of which were the love for mankind and the desire to heal the pains and sorrows of this world.

He began his healing ministry but soon after Zeus killed him for letting so many souls escape death. Zeus relented from that however and he was raised up again, but this time he escaped the gods and chose to live like a mortal man. He then took only three letters of his original name and called himself Eli so that his true identity would not be discovered. It would not do for him to be found out by the gods that walked among men, at least not until the prophesy about his life would be fulfilled.

LOVE IS THE WAY...

Scroller Extraordinaire
Picture of Eli
posted Hide Post
The strongest power in the universe is love. Why? Because it requires faith. Faith is something the gods of this age no nothing about (Those are the angels of light that rebelled against my Father). They don’t even know where there powers even come from!

There are other kinds of powers to be found. The many spirits that haunt this fallen world seem to have great and wonderful powers, but they are poor imitation of the real power- because it is the offspring hate and fear.

That is why The Father made all forms of love sacred- that power is just not something to fool around with. The union between a man and a woman (which He for-ordained in His word) is the most beautiful expression of perfection. That perfection, and My Father, are one and the same, but many people don’t understand this, perhaps because its expression has been perverted by many forms of evil.

But- even these perversions of His sacred gift are the freewill choices of His children, so He will always love them as long as they don’t hurt others. And perhaps, although He hasn’t told me this specifically, in a world where there is so much interference from those fallen angels and spirits, any effort to build good relationships in love is what really matters.

LOVE IS THE WAY...

Scroller Extraordinaire
Picture of Eli
posted Hide Post
Historical note to clarify for posterity the events that occurred at the palace of King Gregor:

That old irate god had it in for me again. I stood my ground and of course it was more than he could take. His powers of hate could not overcome my love, and indeed, I did feel love for him; he was a skillful manipulator, true, but many times he only did what the people wanted; satisfying their own thirst for power and dominance.

However, the way of war is not so easily beaten. There will be other men, and spirits as well, that will persuade mankind to solve their problems with the sword, or other terrible weapons yet to come. And I am not so easily satisfied that the disappearance of Ares is the end of him. That head could prove to be a menace, but it also may be quite useful- for the ways of my Father are mysterious indeed.

LOVE IS THE WAY...

Scroller Extraordinaire
Picture of Eli
posted Hide Post
“The attempts by men to want to best every situation are tedious”- Hera

This is the futility of men. They are so needful and isolated in their skin that they constantly try to dominate each other- just to feel some kind of closeness.

Lately the spirit of Calisto has been in such a sad state. She even thinks that her act of violence can alter me. I will let her think that for now, for I have nothing to loose or gain from taking a step back. The true prize is nothing that she can even see or understand. And I can wait for Livia to find her way to me. After the gods and spirits have had their fun, I may be all that she has left.

LOVE IS THE WAY...

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Yes, we gods DO like to have our fun. Wink

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroller Extraordinaire
Picture of Eli
posted Hide Post
I can understand why mortals have a hard time believing in an omniscient, omnipotent God. It certainly is hard to keep up with them all! Since there are so many that need my help, I have created a cyber record in this world not unlike the records my Father keeps.

In my Higher Realm I can follow the thoughts and the deeds of a few important players that will lead to the fulfillment of my destiny. I can also organize the most important revelations and include a few of my own too. I look forward to hearing the prayers of my beloved children soon. Their prayers will be a sweet aroma rising up to me and to my Father. As it says in God’s word, “the prayers of the righteous shall avail much.”

I'm also including this handy link to all the journals. Enjoy! Journals

LOVE IS THE WAY...

Scroller Extraordinaire
Picture of Eli
posted Hide Post
It’s very sad to know all the delusions of the lost souls. Here is my poor Ephany believing she is with Alti now even though she hasn’t entered the RACE!:

quote:
and then it left me all. the courage i had mounted for this moment. i wanted to turn and run, but my end result was too important. i did as she asked. leaving my clothes and my dignity in a pile on the floor. she motioned for me. i stepped toward her.

Alti's eyes glinted cruelly. "Believe me when I say, this is going to hurt you more than it's going to hurt me." With a swiftness almost indiscernible to the human eye, Alti slashed at Ephiny's face with a dagger she had hidden in her hand.

i felt it at once. she cut me. right from the edge of my mouth halfway to my cheek. she pushed me foward, so that i was knelt over her hand, as it was collecting the blood that pooled from my mouth. the next thing i felt was the crushing impact as she brought her knee full force to my face.

"This is just the beginning of the pain you will endure for me."

that was the last thing my mind rationally processed before the walls around me came tumbling in and i saw the vast darkness i sought.

It wouldn’t be so bad if she would try to find here own way back to the land of the living. There is so much waiting for her if she would just renounce evil and determines to please the Father. I will continue to pray for her. Maybe she will feel my love.

LOVE IS THE WAY...

Scroller Extraordinaire
Picture of Eli
posted Hide Post
After a distracting trip to visit a land down under (not hell, mind you, the other under!) I was able to work on the story of my destiny. I have the first lengthy installment done and it is available for all to read here.

Granted, there is much of this story that doesn’t seem to have much to do with me. But that’s how these things go sometimes; destiny is not always as easy to reach as one might think!

Keep in mind I was a gentle and forgiving editor of this work this time around. In the next installment, I might not be quite as tolerant of the plot mistakes, and make up some stuff that makes sense, with the blessing of the powers that be of course!

LOVE IS THE WAY...

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
The Powers That Be would like to remind you that it is a Race Around Ancient Greece.

Impressive journalling. I love a man who's good with words. Among ... other things. Wink

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroller Extraordinaire
Picture of Eli
posted Hide Post
They say that history is only a record of the "winners." I can not dispute this, but for those that want to follow the events that have so far taken place in the RACE, I offer this version. Please forward all disputes to elilives@dejazzd.com.

This page will not be updated, but a continuing version will be available at Plot Summary

Soul Occupancy Plot Summary

After Xena discovers she is missing her chakrum she is awoken by her worst enemy, Alti who tells her that she after something even more precious, her soul. Xena retorts that she has lent her soul to Ares so she can't have it.

A warrior of somewhat low regard named Minya stumbles into the camp and pleads with Xena to join with them. She claims to have information that they needed- possibly due to a necklace she found that belonged to an Amazon by the name of Ephany. She was killed long ago, but remains in the land between the dead and living and was coming to Minya in dreams and telling her about Xena's other enemy's plots. Xena agrees to let her stay.

Eli, a healer and preacher of The Way of Love, former friend of Xena's who died by the hands of Ares, the god of war, has returned to the world in a physical body that is also spiritual. He learns from ancient writings that there is a door in the world that he believes will change man's destiny. He resolves to begin his search in the land of the Amazons, but first he visits Ephany, because her tortured soul has been calling out in pain for relief.

In that empty land he reaches her soul and she recognizes that he can love and forgive all of her mistakes that keep her where she is. After she receives his forgiveness she chooses to join him back in the word to help him, rather than join her long-dead friends in her tribe in the land of the Amazon dead.

Upon awakening, Ephany soon discovers that her un-dead state had protected her from many painful realities of life. She learns that Livia, Xena's daughter who was once known as Eve, is about to attack her village and tribe. Eli asks her to take her place as queen and try to convince Livia to turn from her violent ways.

Face to face with Livia on her rampage Ephany tries to follow Eli's advice to: "fight this battle with words." She learns that Livia is not just after her tribe but wants to know the whereabouts of Ephany's son, Xenan, a centaur.

Knowing this, she determines to make a deal with her to save her son. She offers her loyalty for the salvation of every Amazon life and for the life of her son.

Livia agrees to this and Ephany tells her to look in a town called Giddyup, a day's ride to the west.

Though Ephany thinks that she has won, she has not bargained for what comes next. Livia, instead of taking her with her, tells her she must die; in a flash she kills her with her sword.

The news of Ephany's death travels fast. First Amarice, the Amazon that was traveling with Xena, says that she was actually there and saw it all. (She also sees Callisto with Xena but doesn't mention it to anyone).

Joxer, who seems unconcerned with this news, meets his brother Jace who gives him letters from King Greggor. He tells Joxer that the letters are important and must go to Xena. Jace is afraid to tangle with the Warrior Princess. They have not had the best of times together.

Xena ignores Joxer when he tries to give her the letters because she is busy arranging for lodging for the large group. After she sets them up she goes off to the east alone. The rest of group settles in to a fairly amicable night together.

King Gregor has met with Eli and is showing signs of deliverance from the burdens of this world. The scroll that King Gregor has sent to Xena is an announcement about a contest he is planning. This event, he believes, will secure the reign of his son, Gabriel which was prophesied at his birth. Eli has also sent a scroll along with the King's which he believes will be the guarantee that Xena will take the matter very seriously.

(At the end of the first week of the RACE, the gods determine that Ares has not fulfilled his obligations- and plans for his demise.)

Ares confronts Eli but he stands his ground. Though Ares tries to kill Gabriel, a strange fire emanates from his fingers and Ares winds up decapitated. His body is gone, but his head remains.

In the land between the dead and living Alti torments Ephany about the treatment her son is getting form Livia.

Ephany resolves to get her back.

Livia, bored with her task, receives a new toy from a disguised Alti. It is Xena's chakrum and the head of Ares.

Minya learns of the death of Ares through her visions. She wants to kill Eli for it but her gang convinces her that it wasn't his fault.

Eli consoles her too and they begin to form a friendlier relationship.

Although her gang seems not to believe her about all of abilities, Minya is convinced that she has been able to do things to the gods and evil spirits. It will be awhile before she realizes that those were delusions sent by Alti.

Alti pays Livia another visit. Livia now more curiose about Alti asks for special powers which she doesn't get. But the suggestion that she should use the chakrum against one of the members of Xena'a group seems to appeal to her.

Ephany has a talk with Xena somewhere (where is not yet clear). Xena appears to be making plans that involve her, and the Dagger of Helios, known for its power to kill a god.

(The gods make another adjustment to the story removing Autolycus from the story line at his request.)

Autolycus hears about a stone that can time travel called the Ixion stone. Hera, wife of Zeus, takes him out fearing this item could cause too much trouble in his hands.

Hera and Zeus conspire to meddle in mortal man's affairs. They send the Furries to Livia to plague her with madness, "for sins against her mother."

In Tartatus, Dit's Afro (Aphrodite) pays Ceasar a visit and tells him that his father is Ares. This enrages Ceasar against Eli because he believes he killed Ares. Dite also gives him some god-like powers saying, "Now you won't have ALL of Ares' power – that would be nuts!" Ceasar uses the power to join the living and plans to avenge his father's death.

Amarice meets Xena who tells her not to trust what she sees. Xena later feels assured that she can count on Amarice for her lotalty.

Joxer finally gets around to showing Xena the scrolls from King Gregor. She recognizes the symbol on one immediately and tells Joxer that there are actually three chakrums and that "one day they will be joined together to form a very important door."

Joxer has also learned about the contest in the King's letter, even thought Xena doesn't yet tell him, and he begins to prepare for it.

Eli departs the group now, assured that Xena can take it form there. He is off to try to help Livia.

In her madness Livia must have felt Eli's presence, because she begins to talk with him before he gets there. As he approached her though, Callisto is there mock his Way. He isn't deterred, however and reaches Livia who runs at him and knocks him down. Livia and Callisto then compete for the right to be the one to "plunge a dagger into his belly," which Callisto does.

Xena attempts to set out to help Livia but her attempts turn to arguing and confusion among her gang. It appears that they may go the next day.

Joxer returns from his night of reconciliation with the gang early.

Gabrielle, who had stayed behind falls asleep and Joxer enters her room.

Xena suddenly arrives. She has her chakrum back (for some reason still unexplained). She goes into Gabrielle's room to find Joxer poised to kill her with a dagger. She throws the Chakrum, and Joxer un-characteristically is able to turn and put Gabrielle into the oncoming weapon which severs her head.

Xena realizes Alti had possessed Joxer and is told that the head and the chakrum were the only items she needed to possess her now. She tells her she is waiting for her to come find her.

Joxer returns to himself and knows what he has done. He can see the head and the body of Gabrielle and can't endure his grief.

There is now some question as to what Alti took with her, because Dite now arrives with a healer named Aesklepios to take the head to Olympus and bring her back to life. They leave the Hades helmet of invisibility when they go.

Dite has to explain to Zeus and Hera what she was doing healing a mortal. She makes up a wild story about it which seems to confuse them so much that they forget about it and go back to gorging themselves on ambrosia. Dite leaves a little concerned about doing anything again with that healer.

The band of evil mortals and half-gods see the whole event a little differently. They believe that Xena took back the chakrum from Livia. Calisto believes that she saw Alti take the head of Gabbrielle. But it tunrs out that Caesar used his power to go to Olympus where he saw Gabrielle get healed. He also had Hephaitos fashion a new chakrum for Livia to play with.

Ephany uses some unknown power to enter the world of the living. She takes the dagger of Helios to Livia and trades it for her son, Xenon's, freedom. Livia has been cutting everything in sight with that chakrum Caesar gave her, so he is in pretty bad shape.

Livia kills Caesar with the dagger and he is surprisingly wisked away. Then she decides to cut off her own head to stop the voices in her head. But Xena is there at that moment to prevent her form finishing the job. She attends to her wounds.

Livia is still insane, though, and Hera comes to Xena to make a deal with her. She will take away her madness if Xena will carry a scroll to Eli. Xena, never one to deal with the gods, accepts the deal and receives her daughter back.

Eli is on the mend in the north, near the Amazon land of the dead. Xena meets with him and gives him the scroll. It contains a chant the Eli can use to rid the mortals of the powers that the gods have been bestowing on them.

Minya is free of the powers that Ares gave her. Caesar also finds himself in Tartarus again, without his powers.

To be continued…

LOVE IS THE WAY...

Scroller Extraordinaire
Picture of Eli
posted Hide Post
My work making order of the sometimes chaotic events of my story (see above) has gone smoothly while I recuperated from the wound inflicted by Livia, or rather, Eve. I let them think it was worse than it was so they would leave my alleged corpse alone, and I could help Aphrodite, er..Dite's Afro, heal Gabrielle.

I am so pleased to see that Aphrodite's change of life issues are starting to be resolved and she feels like the powerful force for good that she was born to be! She has a way to go though, that's for sure! (She tends to lean to the flesh side of love and life at the moment.)

I've also been chanting the words Hera gave me for the relief of mortals from powers they were never intended to have. (Although I don't like to use these means, it was only though their interference that they had them.) It is not the will of my Father for his children to rely on such powers. Even Cinderella's Fairy Godmother said, "All wishes can't come true because it would make one weak and one couldn't do anything for themselves!"

WinkNote to Hera about my liberal use of the written word:

As you may know my Father brought this universe into existence through His Word, which I am very familiar with. These words don't obey the laws of time. They are timeless and universal, (hey, that's a good subject for a poem later!) I also intend to draw upon great writings from other sources that employ the power of His words, though they may not be aware of this fact. As Shakespeare wrote, "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." --From Hamlet (I, v, 166-167)
Smile

LOVE IS THE WAY...

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
Umm...I believe Callisto gutted you.

And Livia was seeing lots of things that weren't there. Including you.

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Extraordinaire
Picture of Eli
posted Hide Post
Yes, Calisto I have that detail:

quote:
Livia and Calisto then compete for the right to be the one to "plunge a dagger into his belly," which Livia does.

Thanks for caring!

LOVE IS THE WAY...

Scroll Disciple
posted Hide Post
it should say, which callisto does. she stabbed you, not livia. Smile

Posts: 237 | Location: sodak | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post