Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Race Around Ancient Greece    Chronicles of the Way
Page 1 2 3 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Chronicles of the Way
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
Got it. Replied.

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Sorry to the innocents treated to my outburst, I have pms and am out of chocolate--hate when that happens. Add to that some family trouble--anyway, haven't had a good day.
Regardless i should have told sara upfront--i finally did and we're cool now. All done.

someone quoted, I think it was zoom, "This is a strange game, Lao Ma." Couldn't agree more. But no lost sleep, hey at least I went out after having had the dad of Ares AND Dite's Afro. Not too shabby.
And I can live on in Pauly's play at least!Big Grin
peace out.

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
The rules WERE explained up front.

All racers had to concern themselves with was to be as creative as possible.

Nothing was said about the gods changing characters, not changing characters, whatever. Because it doesn't change the game ONE LITTLE BIT.

We mentioned that we would be using at least one wild card, for those who paid attention.

Don't play games unless you want some fun. You had plenty of fun as far as I could see, Kate.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
ok point taken, we'll talk about it later if you want.

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
No need. I think we've both said all that we wanted to.

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
good enough. This isn't even that important anyway, the wild card thing. It was just some confusion.
Happens to all of us. I'm more than happy to move on.
Again sorry for not taking it up with you directly instead of yelling on here.
Aside from that like you said it's all been said. And it's not important anymore.
Take care.

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroller Extraordinaire
Picture of Eli
posted Hide Post
From an email sent to me:
quote:
edited to say that I was invited to take up the role of Cupid

I have un-quoted the above. But this was my response.

Argy and Ame,

Thanks for the offer but I will decline. I can't continue in a game with such immoral contributions. I was OK with some of the light sexual innuendos and the horror, well that's understandable, but bestiality, excessive fornication written by Livia, and the way Eli and Minya were dispatched is more than I can abide.

I've loved the show Xena for a long time. I thought we were doing something great for the show, answering some unanswered questions, seeing how the characters would interact in new ways and telling, perhaps, the definitive story of the Xenaverse. (I even thought we might have a book or a movie when we put it all together. That's why I took the time to edit and summarize the story.)

I was proud of what we were doing. I had my mom and my sister, even her 11 year old daughter interested in the story. I put a lot into the character and tried to move the story forward. It opened up conversations with my friends and family about the nature of good and evil, love and hate. But alas, it turned into a cesspool.

IMO The race judges were not fair and impartial. They favored their friends, in this last week more so. I can only assume that this week eyezoom complained about Alti's situation and they must have reacted to that by eliminating Minya and me.

Kate- I'm glad that you aired your opinion about the goat scene. I wish you would let yourself be bullied by this in-crowd and feel the need to back off from your position. Of course we all want to get along. Peace is better for us than arguing. I just feel you have a right to air your opinion and shouldn't be criticized for that.

As far as sour grapes goes, though we've been pushed enough to, neither I nor Kate have done anything crazy in response to the direction of the game.

Argy- You needn't be so smug about the rules of this game. We trusted you to be fair and follow the general concept as set out in the beginning. The characters were supposed to remain true to themselves- the first rule of any fiction writing. You failed to stop certain people from breaking this simple rule. As a result you lost control.

You can't just say, "it's a game," and therefore anything goes as long as me and my friends agree with it. It was good effort on your part, but I think you should take responsibility for the things that didn't work out. As they say, good leaders take responsibility for the failures of their group, but they give the credit for the successes to them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Eli,

LOVE IS THE WAY...

Enter The Higher Realm Here

Posts: 78 | Location: Everywhere | Registered: 06 December 2004Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
IMO The race judges were not fair and impartial. They favored their friends, in this last week more so. I can only assume that this week eyezoom complained about Alti's situation and they must have reacted to that by eliminating Minya and me.

if i had that kind of power over the game, this would have been a very different story. for the record i PMed Argy with my withdrawal from the game after the last Dispatch as i could no longer just keep undoing blocking and call it creative participation in an ongoing story. also for the record, i am not nor have ever been the type of competitor that would whine to win a game. it says alot that your only assumption would be that i would. iMo, that really really sucks.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eli:
but bestiality, excessive fornication written by Livia...

Mind showing me where this is? Oh that's right, ya can't cause it doesn't exist. Again, here's my gripe about people NOT READING. I wrote a few paltry innuendos, one of them being the kid smooching a goat and that's suddenly worse than Minya's drunken bouts or her threesomes?

Riiiiiight. You make it sound as if you were the only one who put their heart and soul into their character. You weren't. And it's insulting to every player here to insinuate that they didn't care as much as you.

I agree, it looks as if there was rampant favoritism going on but it just ain't so. Sorry to disappoint. I don't know how Argy & Ame judge these things but dude, I thought my contribution was pretty damn good this week. If you disagree, more power to you but let's not cast aspersions. People in glass houses and all that.

And Kate wasn't bullied or criticized for airing her opinion. She should've come to me first with her complaint and she knows it and we've fixed it to the extent that we can. Don't assume things, cause you don't know what goes on behind PMs and the like.

I know Argy & Ame can defend themselves but you know what, they do their damnedest not to play favorites and zoom ain't the kinda girl to cheat that way. If you feel otherwise, leave. Simple, end of story, problem solved.

And I'll tell you what I told Kate. You got a problem with me, you need to step up and say so. Otherwise let it go. Forgive and forget and all that right?

Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
view point of a casual observer:

it seems to me that rather than not giving themselves over to their character, some people have given over too much.

eli: i know that this game has meant a lot to you, but i don't think any of us were planning for it to acheive quite the notoriety that you outlined in your above posts. as a former partcipent, i'm truly flattered that you thought it could Smile. but please remember, that it IS just a game and has been played as such. don't try to turn it into something it's not.

minya: things have been said during the course of this game, mistakes have been made, and i think we've all wanted to strangle at least one other player at some point. so cudos for your working things out with livia like an adult.

livia: minya's threesomes and whatnot were written about her, by her, and therefore they did little to offend anyone. don't expect to write something that you know will upset someone, and then bitch when they get upset. it's childish.

ame and argy: you had a vision for a fun and fruitful game - a vision held by some, and whored by others. while i respect that you are just wanting people to get along, have fun, and be creative, i think that tensions have been rising far beyond the sphere of game. please be aware of that. i must also say that some of the decisions made by the gods have been a bit callous. and that is all i will say.

zoom: you did good. i don't think anyone blames you for getting out when you did or for why you did. if people aren't willing to play nice, then you don't need their crap. good on you for realising it (and i may be projecting a little, so sue me).

--------------------------------------

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
No one's bitching about people being upset by it. People are entitled to their opinions. My bitch is about being misquoted. My other bitch is people saying one is okay and the other isn't. If you wanna take the moral high ground, great, lemme know what the view looks like up there, but you can't say one (being threesomes)is okay and not the other. And who's to say people weren't offended by Minya's threesomes. Maybe they were and just haven't said. It's all conjecture. The point is, you wanna condemn one, you best bring on the other.

Picking and choosing ain't gonna work here, kids. Cause there's a word for that, besides bullsh*t. It's called hypocrisy.

And you're not exactly casual either Madogis. You made some good points but you're hardly just waltzing in to make some observations.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Hey Nanzar:
Thank you for what you said to me i appreciate that. I didn't back down from my position tho and i'm still not--altho i really have nothing more to say to Argy or Ame other than what i already said to argy last night. I just took it off the scrolls and tried to deal with the people personally. Sara and i were able to come to some middle ground about the goat and the threesome stuff lol.Razz I was only apologizing for coming here and shouting at people instead of taking it up with them directly. rotfl, I'm not the sort that is easily bullied by "in crowds" lol. And no one bullied me, they just got pissy lol. I can handle pissy I got pissy too.Wink
Personally i think this game was indeed supposed to be fun and it got way out of hand. People took things personally. I'm not naming names but it really sucks when a place i know to be friendly turns into as you said Nanzar a cesspool--over a role playing game.
For the record, Nanzar, I maintain that I loved your work. You were an inspiration to work with. THere were others whose work i loved too, including Sara(taking out the goat scene all the rest was awesome: the looney livia was some of the best writing i'd seen in a long time)
It was a chance to hone creativity and supposed to be a refreshing outlet. I guess people just got so into their charactars feelings got hurt. It happens.

I jsut decided that if i have a problem with someone in this race I'm gonna take it up with them personally--saves a lot of pain and grief for others not involved. Just mho.

Anyway i hope we can all get along again soon.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Free Madness,

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Livia:
My other bitch is people saying one is okay and the other isn't. If you wanna take the moral high ground, great, lemme know what the view looks like up there, but you can't say one (being threesomes)is okay and not the other. And who's to say people weren't offended by Minya's threesomes. Maybe they were and just haven't said. It's all conjecture. The point is, you wanna condemn one, you best bring on the other.

Picking and choosing ain't gonna work here, kids. Cause there's a word for that, besides bullsh*t. It's called hypocrisy.

Because sexual conduct with an animal is in the same category as sexual conduct among consenting adults? And here I thought otherwise. People having nontraditional sex! Why, soon they'll want to marry their dogs...or goats, I guess.

Also, word to Maddie, and brava to Kate.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Fahrenheit,

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
If you decide to look at things in terms of black or white, then sure. It's either bad or it ain't. You either agree or you don't.

And for the record, lest someone take it upon themselves to imply otherwise Roll Eyes, I'm not an advocate of bestiality and I never have been.

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
Well, you can't pick and choose. If you're against one you're against it all. Right?

See, there are differences in categories and degrees. One person's morality or immorality isn't necessarily the next person's, is what I was saying. It's not hypocrisy or "bullsh*t" to recognize such a difference.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
Sure. That works.

I get what you're saying, and that's great, I agree that acknowledging the differences is a good thing and nothing to ridicule.

That still doesn't change the fact that the facts weren't presented correctly, and I'm not going to let myself be bitched at for something I didn't write. You wanna come at me for what I did write, go for it. No problem with that.

We'll either find a way to work it out, like I did with Kate, or we won't and go on our merry way.

It's as simple as that.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
rotfl, I think I'm gonna have a fivesome tonight with my husband and my three cats. HAHAHAHAHAHAH!Big Grin Kidding.Razz
No seriously--this is obviously a controversial subject. Oh well. I hold true to all I've said on it thus far, Sara knows the rest. THank you Heitie and Maddie for sticking up for me.Smile
Since you've said some things here sara however let me point out that some things are a lot more black and white than others. Child molestation=ick. Bestiality=ick. Pretty black and white, those two. Threesomes....that's a matter of respectable opinion, that isn't black and white at all.
but at this point i'm thinking we should all agree to disagree. The year just started, we could be here til december at this rate.Razz
Anyway that's all folks. As the late great Minya would say, "ONWARD!"Big Grin

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by Livia:

quote:
I get what you're saying, and that's great, I agree that acknowledging the differences is a good thing and nothing to ridicule.

Read that after i posted my last one. Makes sense to me too.

Anyway I need some chocolate. Take care all.Smile

~~Johnny Depp.

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
How tactful to post an email on the Scroll that someone has sent to you. I must remember to do that, in future.

I'm not even going to bother to read the rest of this thread, if that's the type of thing I'm going to find.

Kate, you're welcome to take on the role of Cupid if you'd like. If not, it will not be offered to anyone else. Up to you.

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
gods, i hate crybabies.
and i hate even more being acccused of being one...

i can't believe i'm sitting at a computer while i'm on vacation and the sun is shining and it's 70 degrees and ican see the Chisos from where i'm sitting...all because i'd hope to see an apology so i could put this crap---crap like judgement and atonement an forgiveness--out of my mind and enjoy myself. now i see i'll have to do that without the apology.

this settles things for me in a much different way than i'd like. but it is most assuredly settled for me. i'm taking my dog for a drive in one of the best places in the world now. good day.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
i...hope you didn't think i was calling you a crybaby zoom, cause you're not, obviously...o.o

unless you think i'm one and resent me comparing myself to you. in which case, fair call. sorry.

of course you're probably not adressing me at all, but you know, just in case.

--------------------------------------

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Scroll Guardians
posted Hide Post
if anyone wants to make any more comments about other scrollers open a new thread in fight club

thanks

We have many skills.