Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Race Around Ancient Greece    RACERS...COME SEE

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
RACERS...COME SEE
 Login/Join 
Scroll Disciple
posted
i've tried to do this subtley, but the hint has not been taken. i implore you to please be respectful with the liberties you take with other characters. this is a creativity contest, as stated before, not a manipulation contest. small liberties are a given, and should be used to your maximum capacity. but the large liberties, such as changing a characters personality for your personnal gain, more than for the sake of the story, or taking them on an elaborate journey, should not be done, in my opinion, without first checking with that character. if someone writes you into a corner, write yourself out with wit, not just stating that they are crazy and changing to how you want it. this is a friendly game, and i really would like to see it stay that way. cheers and happy hunting!

oh--all negative feedback can be directed to alti, she's taking my messages. Wink

~bailey

Posts: 237 | Location: sodak | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
liberties with other characters hell...i'd enjoy seeing characters stay within their actual charcter... Roll Eyes

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
I think we have forgotten the most important point of all:

IT IS A GAME, PEOPLE!!!

joxer

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

My LiveJournal: A look inside KSenas mind...

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
This isn't really negative feedback, so i feel safe posting it here. Unless there's another thread that Alti has, lol in which case i'll trust the mods to move this.

I agree with what you're saying bailey--I've taken large liberties but i'm not sure that i've changed anyone's personality to do it(well ok minya's lol but that's in my hands)--if Minya truly were capable of all i was writing her to be capable of, I can see Xena respecting her. As for Alti, well who's to say that that can't happen if Minya were indeed capable of that? Even Hera said that we have the freedom to do what we will with our charactars, we didn't have to make them like the show--yes I gave Minya quite a few hidden powers and wrote in a few stories with other charactars--yet as you say, if anyone feels written into a corner, write yourself out with wit. Well now Xena and Ephiny seem to think Minya is some crazy traitor that they have to kill lol that is how you've written it--hey it's all in fun, cool I'll work with it. Smile After all, as you said this is a friendly game. No harm done.Big Grin

With respect
Opera xena

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
yes. but most games have certain rules... parameters...constraints...

i just think we should all play with what we got, not make 'em what they're not--it makes it difficult for those who are trying to play their characters like they more or less actually appeared in X:WP. that's all i'm saying...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Of course we can always toss this out to the King and Queen of the gods and see what they think.....
Me, I agree with Joxer but then I'm not a god i'm a mere mortal so....with that said....
WHAT DO YOU THINK OH MIGHTY ONES?Big Grin

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Let me make a few things clear.

Points are awarded in the race for CREATIVITY. As said before, this is NOT a pissing contest.

The gods have been less than amused by the fact that racers have been trying to score points from other characters. The longer this continues, the more bored we become and heads WILL start to roll.

The whole point of the game is to stay in character. No characters, no game.

The other point of the game is to make the story work. Completely changing the direction of the story every time you add a new part is confusing and uninteresting.

One final tip. The gods are looking for QUALITY not QUANTITY.

We were impressed with Minya's attempts to keep the story on track during the first lap, with her ability to stay in character and with her introduction of new ideas into the story.

We are less impressed with her current efforts, which seem to have her changing with the wind.

Likewise, the attempt by other characters to want to best every situation are tedious.

So far Ephiny has provided the most entertainment, by killing herself off. A completely unexpected twist to the story.

Elaborate plans will be foiled, in this game. Go with the flow and it will be a much more enjoyable ride.

Hope that clears a few things up.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guru
posted Hide Post
I totally support Ephiny to the very word!It's important to remember who YOUR character is and not worry about other's.If they aren't doing their job,it's their downfall.

Posts: 281 | Location: the recesses of Hell | Registered: 08 November 2004Report This Post
Scroller Extraordinaire
Picture of Eli
posted Hide Post
To the powers that be-

In the spirit of fairplay, what do you think about racers changing the plot in their journals? There was a bit of this going on in the last lap.

LOVE IS THE WAY...

Enter The Higher Realm Here

Posts: 78 | Location: Everywhere | Registered: 06 December 2004Report This Post
Scroll Disciple
posted Hide Post
Did Eli just ask Zeus and Hera for guidance? *chuckling at the irony*
i love this game.

Big Grin

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eli:

In the spirit of fairplay, what do you think about racers changing the plot in their journals? There was a bit of this going on in the last lap.
This is how character diaries are supposed to be used: "Your must write in a diary thread as often as you like. Write in character in your diary, commenting on the action in the story thread, sharing your personal thoughts about aspects of the race, etc."

Racers are NOT supposed to be dramatically altering the main plot, through their diaries. This defeats the purpose of having a story thread.

You can make SOME advances to the story, but make them sensible. Have your character talk about how they are feeling or about stuff they have done ON THEIR OWN. Write a letter to Auntie Callisto. Anything that doesn't radically affect other players.

One more thing. In theatre sports blocking is not allowed. Here's an example of blocking:

Zeus: Look, there's a giant bird up there!
Hera: No, there's not.

Blocking will be frowned upon in the race. It demonstrates a lack of creativity. Try for a balance between giving other people reasonable things to work with, and taking on what they throw at you.

Have at it!

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
Intresting and true. I am still seeing it as a game, though. Smile And I am trying to stay in character. I thought I was going with the sexual side of Joxer, but it actually turned out to be the sad and dramatic side... And I like it! It is fun, and much easier to write.

What I didn't like there for awhile in the beginning was when there were many of the other players just being, well not mean, but they didn't care much what Joxer did. Sure, that is what happens in the show to. I know. I just wasn't fun there for awhile. But it is better know. Smile And the plot is easier to follow to. It was a weee bit confusing there for awhile, I might say... I am starting to see the bigger picture now. Yay me!

It is a fun game, O powerful Gods! You rock that started it!!! Big Grin

joxer

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

My LiveJournal: A look inside KSenas mind...

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Extraordinaire
Picture of Eli
posted Hide Post
To The Powers That Be:
This is plot forwarding from Ephany. This action should take place IN THE RACE!

quote:
i approach her with no caution. stepping hard, making my presence well known. she knows i'm there but she doesn't turn around. doesn't acknowledge my pressence. i take a deep breath, close my eyes, and prepare myself. blowing out my breath, i'm ready.
"Alti-"

"I wouldn't come any closer, if I were you Ephiny," the sound was stone grating against stone. "It's about time you showed up, I was beginning to think you didn't like me, and after all we've shared. Tsk, tsk, it isn't nice to keep a girl waiting."

"i--i need your help. i'll do whatever you ask. anything. i need you to send me back. back to the living. there's something i must do." i said with confidence, but i'm sure the pleading showed through in my eyes.

A harsh grating sound filled the room. "What makes you think you have anything to offer in the first place? Your soul's already been used twice over. I don't do sloppy seconds Ephiny, you know that."

"you mean unless it's xena." i couldn't help it. it came out of my mouth before i even knew what i was saying.

Alti's eyes narrowed with cold fury. "Careful Ephiny, after all, you're the one who needs my help, not the other way around"

"yes, that seems to be the case. either you're going to help me or not. i could be of great value to you. just tell me your decision, i have little time for games." i was starting to lose my courage, what i was thinking, asking for her help?

A glint came into Alti's emotionless eyes. "As a matter of fact, you do have some value after all. Not much, mind you, damaged goods and all that. Do you agree to follow my orders without question?"

could i do that? what was she asking of me? nothing now, payment later? every hair on my neck stood up. my stomache rolled. my cheeks burned. i told myself that i had no other option.
"i agree. i will do as you ask, with one condition, i will not harm xena."

"Don't kid yourself, the things I have planned for Xena, would hurt your fragile little mind." For a moment, Ephiny thought her life was over. The look that came over Alti's face was indescribably terrifying. But in an instant, the look was gone, replaced by her usual cold sneer. "Very well. Now, strip and stand next to me."

and then it left me all. the courage i had mounted for this moment. i wanted to turn and run, but my end result was too important. i did as she asked. leaving my clothes and my dignity in a pile on the floor. she motioned for me. i stepped toward her.

Alti's eyes glinted cruelly. "Believe me when I say, this is going to hurt you more than it's going to hurt me." With a swiftness almost indiscernible to the human eye, Alti slashed at Ephiny's face with a dagger she had hidden in her hand.

i felt it at once. she cut me. right from the edge of my mouth halfway to my cheek. she pushed me foward, so that i was knelt over her hand, as it was collecting the blood that pooled from my mouth. the next thing i felt was the crushing impact as she brought her knee full force to my face.

"This is just the beginning of the pain you will endure for me."

that was the last thing my mind rationally processed before the walls around me came tumbling in and i saw the vast darkness i sought.

LOVE IS THE WAY...

Scroll Disciple
posted Hide Post
zeus, hera, is that you? no. huh?

i don't see that as plot fowarding. i see it as a means to an end, to get me where i want. now this, this is plot fowarding.

https://bingoze.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=785604191&f=126601791&m=878100275&r=423104195#423104195

if THE gods deem it so, i can post it in one long thread, but i make it pretty obvious i'm alive and kicking.

happy gaming. Smile

~bailey

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Ephiny, your diary is starting to read like a story. "Write in character in your diary, commenting on the action in the story thread, sharing your personal thoughts about aspects of the race, etc."

Eli, the gods are well aware of all that is happening in the race.

More racing and fewer questions make Hera a happy girly.

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroller Extraordinaire
Picture of Eli
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ephany for posting your plot changes in the story.

I have no further comments on this issue.

LOVE IS THE WAY...

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Thank ... me for that.

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
Way to kill a story Eli/Nanzar. I don't know where you got it in your head that it was YOUR story. It's supposed to be everybody's story.

I went out of my way to set up something that other people could play with. If it goes a direction that you don't like, tough. Deal with it and nudge it. Don't take a goddamned sledge hammer to it.

Who the hell are you to "send Callisto back to her time" and effectively throw her out of THIS story. I thought Zeus and Hera were supposed to make those decisions. Do you know something the rest of us don't? I doubt it.

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Extraordinaire
Picture of Eli
posted Hide Post
Callisto,
I'm just being true to my character! Of Course Eli would see this whole thing as his story, don't all egomaniac savior types think that?

As far as where (Callisto)is right now, read again, you are just where you were in the story - minus the stone. It's Alti that seems to have been left in the past- but she always manages to find a way back to fulfill her hateful plans. In fact she was in India at one time to mess with Xena wasn't she? I'm sure she will turn up somewhere, like a BAD penny!

But Honey, I still don't have any idea how you came to be in the state you are? What is wrong with Callisto? I still don't get it, at least not from the information supplied by you in the story line.

gods- If you want to make any changes to my entry, I will supply some research on time travel to you which helped me write that. (I didn't get much sleep last night because of it!)

Anyway- you know where to find me.

LOVE IS THE WAY...

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Zeus and I have tried to steer you subtly, Eli, but you haven't taken the hint.

You have been involved in two of THE WORST cases of blocking in the race story, so far:

1. Dite's Afro came up with the brilliant solution that she had used one of the three naked Gabby's heads to fix a story hole. You decided you didn't like this (for some reason) and blatantly said she had got it wrong. Bad, bad blocking.

2. Callisto is doing some fine work with the Cronos stone, taking the story into very interesting directions, and you have decided to take the stone away from her. Why, is anybody's guess.

We would remind you, AGAIN, that this game is not about 'winning'. You can be removed from the story at any time. Blocking is not creative. Creativity is the name of the game. You are lucky we have decided to leave you in. For now.

~~~~~~~~~~

Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
much as it pains me to say this, i think the first blocking case may have inadvertantly been my fault. i called the gabrielle head a "model", simply because i felt that that would be the best way to describe what alti had, seeing as i knew for a fact that the REAL head of gabrielle was firmly attatched to the rest of her body. i honestly didn't mean to suggest that the head wasn't that of one of the dancing gabbies (heh) - but seeing as caesar wouldn't have known about that scam, i figured the only guess he could make on it was it being a model of some kind. i had hoped that alti still believeing that it was "the real thing" would be enough for people to realise that it was in fact a severed head of some description. sorry if my vagueness caused any confusion Frown

--------------------------------------

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Apologies to Eli if that first example of blocking didn't come from him.

Now, what's done is done. Just don't do it any more.

Oh, one last thing for those who STILL haven't figured it out. Xena was being SARCASTIC when she said she had lent her soul to Ares.

~~~~~~~~~~