Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  Subtext    Law & Order -- SPOILERS!!!

Moderators: Amethyst, zoom

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Law & Order -- SPOILERS!!!
 Login/Join 
Scroller
Picture of le
posted
Anyone catch last nights Law & Order? If you did, you know Sarina got fired and outed herself. Funny,we (Zoom and I) had thought her character was gay.

Didn't really like the ending and how she outed herself.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: le,

If you can't beat 'em, shoot 'em.

Posts: 29 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
it was weird...kinda gratuitous.

too bad she's leaving the show. Sutherland was probably my favorite ADA on L&O so far.

also...i'm editing your post dear to establish the fact that it has a big fat spoiler in it.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post
i never liked the serena character and stopped watching the show awhile ago

wish i had seen that ep tho

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
That just sounds silly, to me.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
My favorite ADA has been and always will be Abbie Charmichael. Now that's a charater I would have liked to see come out.

The biggest loss of late - RIP Jerry Orbach. Got to hear his NPR interview with Terry Gross the day after he passed. He was one talented SOB, too bad he had to go and put Baby in a corner.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
I saw that! I liked her too. Of course I liked Abby but I also liked Serena-but I was shocked at the ending! WXF Smile

Posts: 507 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of The Troll
posted Hide Post
....................................................................... I thought the firing was one of the most intersting departures of a character ever done. But, boy did they mess it up with the "Am I being fired because I'm a lesbian," line.

They say being fired is as bad as loosing a spouce for depression and other mental health issues. But it happens to lots of people and no one seems to want to talk about it. Hey, that's one for Operah to take up.

I liked the tears in her eyes. At least that was real. And maybe in a weird way her reaction did make sense. Getting fired makes you question so many things (yes I know this from experience) you never think it is because you are too good, which in her case was the problem.

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
as far as actors, i guess liked Angie Harmon best. major ooof factor. but character-wise...i dunno. i liked Carmichael's no-nonsense style, but they made her character kinda too hang-em-high Texan sometimes. kinda like they made Sutherland too much of a soft-hearted liberal type. the one who played Sutherland (what IS her name...?) is pretty ooof! too, though. so hell i dunno know...i think she's my fave.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
yes! thanx.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroller
Picture of le
posted Hide Post
I thought Fred Thompson did a pretty good job of explaining the different perspectives of the law prior to telling her that she (Serena) was fired. That is what troubled me so. Here he breaks it all down explaining her passionate advocacy and the need for it to balance the other view points. She hears this and then still asks if she is being fired for being a lesbian.

I detest that she would personalize the moment. Not that being fired isn't personal and how can you not take it personally. But she is being fire for reasons he just explained. Serena is a lesbian but she was also a very good attorney. This was about work. I'm wondering if some straight person wrote that line or if the writer was gay?

I too loved Angie Harmon. Mainly because she was so cute and not at all charmed by the character Jack McCoy.

However, my favorite assistant was Jamie Ross (Carey Lowell). I liked her character. I liked that she too wasn't charmed by Jack.

If you can't beat 'em, shoot 'em.

Posts: 29 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
maybe she heard "passionate advocate" and thought he was talking about about a specific cause. i seem to remember an ep about some case involving gay issues of some sort that she was prety vocal about in the inter-office discussion they always have. i didn't like that her charcter went there, but i could definitely see how some people might--for some people, everything is about their gayness. it's just that the Serena character was never written that way prior to her exit.

i think it was maybe just a badly executed attempt at a sympathic portrayal of a gay character. like i said, stupid & gratutious...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?