Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  Xena    Question about opening titles...

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Question about opening titles...
 Login/Join 
Scroller
Picture of Amazon Hippy
posted
Hi I'm new here, and I looking forward to joining into discussions!

I have a question that may seem a little dumb...

You know the opening titles of every episode, that has different clips from other episodes with that great theme song?... *is humming it as I write this*

Well I have just got the whole season one series on DVD and have just finished watching it ( absolutely awesome by the way) but here comes my question...

Some scenes in the opening titles are not from the first season, so they would have taped these episodes earlier than the first season going to air and then decide to leave these epsiodes out til the second or third season?

Sorry if this sounds a little weird, but I tend to realise some of these weird, quirky things hehehe!

Hope to bring an intersting perspective to the board!

Bye 4 now!

~*~PEACE~*~LOVE~*~HAPPINESS~*~

Posts: 40 | Location: Australia! | Registered: 10 September 2004Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Welcome, Amazon Hippy! It's always nice to see a new face.

In answer to your question, some of the 'scenes' in the opening titles for Season 1 actually came from the Hercules episodes featuring Xena. That was the first time that Xena ever appeared on TV.

That's why you won't find them anywhere in the actual series of Xena.

Interesting question! How much of Xena have you watched? I'd like to tell you more about the show, but I don't want to spoil any of it for you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Argeaux,

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller
Picture of Amazon Hippy
posted Hide Post
Hey! Smile

Thanks so much for your reply, I didnt know that!

I have been into Xena ever since it appeared in 95 here in australia when I was like 9 years old and just adored the series. But they axed it and I dont think I've seen the last TWO seasons... I am planning on getting the whole series on DVD...eventually hehe, but i have read all the transcripts of the seasons, so i sort of spoilt it myself, lol, I needed to know what happened in the end!

Thanks again for the reply, and it looks like I will be getting the series of hercules on dvd too eventually LOL!

------------------------------------------------

Posts: 40 | Location: Australia! | Registered: 10 September 2004Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
You can get a DVD set of JUST the Hercules episodes that Xena appeared in, in Australia. So you don't have to buy the whole first Season of Hercules. They are called Warrior Princess, The Gauntlet and Unchained Heart.

You'll get a nice surprise when you finally get to see the final two Seasons of Xena ... I won't spoil it for you.

Luckily all the Seasons have now been released on DVD in Australia.

Whereabouts in Australia are you from? I'm from the Western Suburbs of Sydney. There are a bunch of other Scrollers from NSW, as well.

~~~~~~~~~~

Dream Scroller
Picture of The Troll
posted Hide Post
Just jumping in here to brag about winning all three eps of the earliest Hercules-Xena trilogy in a contest at the original board at Universal!

(I was just thinking about that the other day in fact. It's the only thing I've ever won!)

I'm sooooooo cool. Wink

One day I will also get the DVD's (when my husband isn't looking.)

Oh and welcome Amazon Hippy!

Scroller
Picture of Amazon Hippy
posted Hide Post
Hey, thanks for the welcome... Big Grin

I'm too from NSW, but closer to QLD.. I'm in Coffs Harbour... (near *love central* Byron Bay lol...)

Good to know a lot of ppl from Australia are into the show! Smile

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
Hee, I was at Coffs Harbour today, on my way home from QLD Smile

I'm having fond memories of when they showed Season 6 of Xena at just after Midnight on Wednesdays and then stumbling about school the next day from lack of sleep Smile

I wish you could buy Hercules box sets here Frown I still refuse to buy that Hercules/Xena crossover DVD.

Welcome to the Scrolls Smile

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I found Hercules on DVD in Oz.

Not the Xena crossover eps, either.

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/225480

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
YAY another Aussie.

Central Coast here (between Sydney and Newcastle)

Welcome to the scrolls

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller
Picture of Amazon Hippy
posted Hide Post

Thanks for the welcome, its always great to see lots of Aussies!

Thanks for all the help too!

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
There is also Nouchy, she lives in inner Sydney, but doesn't post alot.

And Madogis, who is at Uni in Lismore, but lives near Salem and I usually) (salem and me live about 30 mins away from each other)

I think that's about it these days, there used to be others.

We all went to Taronga Zoo last year, it was very cool.

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
BTW, yeah i do keep changing my name.. hehe it's hard to keep rack of me, till you know me.

My usual Log in name is Amethyst..
everyone calls me Ame..

maybe i should put it in my sig line...i know it confuses other ppl too.

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I just call you Horace.

~~~~~~~~~~