Scrolls
Interesting article on Xena and Gabrielle's relationship

This topic can be found at:
https://bingoze.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/356604191/m/1707070283

13 October 2019, 09:56 AM
Argeaux
Interesting article on Xena and Gabrielle's relationship
I found this interesting.

Explains why they never went main text with Xena and Gabrielle being lesbian.

Xena's sexual identity

I know a lot of Xena fans see Xena and Gabrielle's relationship as strictly lesbian, and reference the fact that Lucy Lawless has said that it was, but actors do not have sole control of characters in a TV show.

Producers and writers do as well.

If you see a lesbian or a straight relationship, or something less clearly defined, all options are valid.

~~~~~~~~~~

22 October 2019, 04:31 PM
xenacrazed
quote:
Originally posted by Argeaux:

If you see a lesbian or a straight relationship, or something less clearly defined, all options are valid.

Yep, yep, i agree. i was in the minority about the relationship- i didn't care for romance on the show, unless it was between characters we rarely ever saw.

i'm just odd that way.

i'm just odd.
05 November 2019, 01:56 PM
Free Madness
That is a very good article. I suppose if Tapert wanted the subtext to be taken that way, that's his creative vision and that's cool. I liked the subtext, but I also loved the fact that it WAS subtext, and left a lot to the imagination. They had a beautiful relationship, whatever it was, and yes, it's all valid. Agreed.
Personally I always had a thing for Ares. He was a great character lol, and he did really love Xena. That was good to keep that possibility alive too, leaves a lot to the imagination as well.

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.