WEEK ONE:

The Furies (S3)

The Form

-----------------------------
My Space

29 August 2005, 01:33 AM
Discord Man
One word: Mavis
Fave scene: When Xena tricked the Furies into thinking that Ares was Xena's father.
Fav quote: "I've cut off the flow of blood to your brain, now tell me, What age were you when you lost your virginity?"
Dislikes: The blonde Furie tweeking...She has to be sniffing Furiedust.
Picture it!: Xena jumping on the back of Argo backwards.
Subtext: none that I can think of...
Any extra commentary: This episode was one of the funniest of all time. Really well written. Ahhh..memories.

------------------------

www.youtube.com/discordman
29 August 2005, 03:55 PM
WXF
One word:Insanity
Fave Scene:When Xena & Ares are boxing & Ares falls on top of Cyrene & Xena says-Come on you two aren't gonna get on again are you?
Fave quote:When Gab says what about the Furies and Xena says "They can get their own breakfast"
Dislikes:The priest
Picture it:When Ares & Xena were fighting on the spears and he falls and rolls himself up in the drape!
Subtext:When Gab is talking to Xena in the Inn and Xena is zoned out and Gab tells her she'll make it thru this and they're always there for each other and etc. while she's stroking her hair.
Any Extra Commentary:This was an excellent ep for having humor mixed with drama. Lucy & Renee & Kevin all have such a wide range of talent. Awesome episode.
WXF Smile
30 August 2005, 10:02 PM
XF3
One word:
Leafy

Fave scene:
1. Xena's speech to Cyrene in the tavern when things start to become clearer to her.
2. Xena's temper tantrum with Ares to make him produce the Furies

Fave quote:
X: And if I win, you have to cook those little dumplings with the red stuff inside. Come on.
G: Uh, ok.
X: Yeah!

"So mama killed Papa." ~Xena

"We'll go on from here. We'll be stronger than before." ~Xena

Dislikes:
I think the episode could have done without the hallucinations. Just an excuse to put a "fight" in.

Picture it!:
Xena admiring herself while adjusting the daisies in her hair.

Subtext:
I really didn't see much of anything. The "I still don't get what you see in her." quote by Ares was cute though.

Any extra commentary:
I thought this was very nicely done. I remember being in amazement at how strong the plotline was when I first saw it.

My Space

02 September 2005, 11:44 PM
Salem
One word: Clever

Fave scene: I liked when Xena was standing in front of those people, holding a torch and yelling that they crucified all the women and children, then after Gabrielle calms her down and tells her the only people there are women and children, she says "I'm in trouble, aren't I Gabrielle?" It's sad Frown

Fav quote: Xena, to her arm: Would you behave yourself?!

Dislikes: Hm, nothing really.

Picture it!: Xena spinning the chakram on her finger, and then later juggling it with the apple Smile

Subtext: Didn't really notice any

Any extra commentary: This is a good episode that was put together very well. Lucy does insane well, hehe Smile

03 September 2005, 04:09 AM
Ame
One word:Talented

Fave scene:When she first loses her mind and jumps on argo backwards, gives the guy the pinch, and the whole 2 stooges type fight

Fav quote:I have 2 quotes i like.

Xena: "Stop it! Gabrielle couldn't save a cat in a sack without
me. She's a useless little pissant, really-- now that I see
things clearly."

Xena: "Hey, come on, you two-- you're not gonna get it again, are
you? I'm gonna use you as a shield, Gabrielle-- just kidding. I
win! [Struts around, cheering herself]

Dislikes: The only thing i ever disliked about this ep, was it bought up the whole 'is he, isn;t he' thing about Ares being xena's dad.... and since i like the whole 'ares-xena' thing, and if he's her daddy, it's like eww.. even though i know the greek gods did it with everyone and anyone.

Picture it!:The daisies... when she first talks it seems she's ok, then they pan out and you see more of her, and of course the daisies... and the *too leafy*.. hehe

Subtext: n/a.. i won't be answering this question in upcoming episodes, i don't watch the show for that, so 9 times outta 10, i don't even see it.

Any extra commentary: This ep, since it's first showing, has always been in my.. say.. hmm.. top 25 eps. not one of my VERY favs, but it is up there Big Grin... after some dark eps, and dramatic eps, it was good to see some light hearted, slapstick humour Big Grin
03 September 2005, 08:25 AM
XF3
I agree with you, Ame, about the whole Ares/daddy thing. It seems like I remember it being a hot topic when the episode first came out and afterward as well. It seemed really good for the plot but kinda ewwwish for the series if it were true. I think the truth of the matter is that Xena knows that Ares could never kill her and she used that to her advantage, daddy or no daddy.

My Space

03 September 2005, 08:27 AM
XF3
quote:
Originally posted by Salem:
Picture it!: Xena spinning the chakram on her finger, and then later juggling it with the apple Smile

Every time I see that scene it reminds me of Tom's page.

My Space

03 September 2005, 06:02 PM
lila997
I'm going to watch this weekend and post the form- I swear! Hope I'm not too late.
04 September 2005, 01:06 AM
XF3
Never too late!...Post it when you can. Smile

My Space

17 September 2005, 02:26 PM
lila997
One word/ Catch phrase: Madness

Fave scene: it's a toss up between the Xena-has-totally-lost-it "they've killed the women and children" scene and the whole scene where Xena can not control her hand and tells it to behave or it doesn't get to come along.

Fav quote: "Well if it's my head you want, then take it, cause frankly, it's driving me crazy."

Dislikes: The whole Ares may be Xena's daddy thing gives me the wiggins.

Picture it!: Xena daisy head

Subtext: Gabrielle's smirk in response to Ares comment to Xena 'I still don't get what you see in her.'

Any extra commentary: One of my favorites of the series.