Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  Xena    Watching Xena Again
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Watching Xena Again
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Adv In Sin Trade 1"

welcome to season 4. Trippy, psychedelic, dark EP with some great cinematography. Loved it especially the time i saw it in black-n-white. Personally i think Anokin was a trap Alti knew to lay to get Xena on her side. Seemed to work.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Adv in the Sin Trade 2"

Forgot what a hottie Cyane was. Always thought it strange Alri cursed Solan not to know the love of either parent (why Borias?). And if it was to keep Xena away from the light, why was Alti out of Xena's life even post-Borias? Seemed like if she joined with evil Xena after Borias she could have her back on her side. Oh well.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"A Family Affair"

Like this ep except for the Destroyer. The spawn of Hope & Ares should have been a devious demi-god instead of a giant porcupine. Hope & Dahok turned out such a disappointment, and where was the papa supposed to be? Ares no longer in league with Dahok? Never explained that.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"In Sickness and In Hell"

How many comedy eps in season 4? 2 or 3? i didn't care for Joxer's 'i'm blind' thing or the rabbit that attacked Gabby. Potty humor ep pretty silly.
Guess a lot of drama eps ahead.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"A Good Day"

Another Xena-manipulates-Gabby-to-do-her-bidding- in-her-revenge-feud-with-Caesar ep. *yawn* i may have liked this ep more at one time but i wish they would have dealt better with Xena's obsession with Caesar. It really wasn't the big deal Xena made it out to be. Just get over it, Xena. So he betrayed you & had yer legs broke. Not like Xena hasn't done worse & not been paid back.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"A Tale of Two Muses"

Ah the Footloose rip-off. Not much to like here. Still i liked the desert background, Gabby looked incredibly hot & there was some good music. Auto was funny as the holier than-thou whoever. But the ending was dumb & there wasn't much of a story. They should have found some online fan fiction & made an ep of it instead.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Locked Up & Tied Down"

Liked:

Xena goes on trial

Xena vs the rats

Gabby so hot as the healer

Xena buries hung prisoner

Evil Xena flashbacks

Didn't like:

Xena's line about not seeking redemption anymore- clearing bad writing

Xena trial cop-out cuz Thalassa lives

Thalassa just had to be warden- cop-out!

Gabby gets kicked around too much

maybe i find a pic of Gabby as the healer.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Gabby as healer from "Locked Up & Tied Down"

"i healed Thalassa who had no arm, i healed wounded soldiers fighting the Horde but i can't heal mr xc who has no brain."

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Convert"

Really enjoyed it this time round. Too bad Najara's return later this season turned out so terribly.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Past Imperfect"

Always liked this one despite the flashbacks. So how did Xena later know that her son was named Solan? Why did Satrina wait til 10 years later to start an attack like Xena did on Corinth? Where exactly did Xena go after handing over her baby?

Leaves a lotta unanswered questions. Too bad they didn't pick up on following up on any of this later on.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Key to the Kingdom"

Okay comedy though unnecessary. Would have been better without Joxer. Meg was too over the top. No Gabby- phooey!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Daughter of Pomira"

Always liked this ep. Pilee/Vanessa's pop looks like young Jack Nicholson. Milo kicks Xena's butt before she finishes his. Gabby keeps referring to
families- is it a reference to her & Hope, Xena & Solan or her own folks? Anyhoo, excellent ep.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"If the Shoe Fits"

Silly ep but okay. i'd forgotten all about it.
Why do the king & queen speak with a British accent if they're in Greece? Or are they really royality? Oh well never get an answer for this.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Paradise Found"

One of my fave eps. Yeah its Gabby following another guru theme but more than that. i love the yin yang relationship between X&G which unfortunately was destroyed in season 5 with the pregnant Xena/warrior Gabby nonsense.

i really think Aidan could have easily destroyed Xena before she used Gar to distract Gabby- that was the most far fetched part of this ep.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Devi"

Another fave ep. Too bad Eli didn't stay as nothing more than magician.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Between the Lines"

Well i don't like the short hair on Gabby bur otherwise its a great ep. Still can't figure Naimi out. Since she's the darsham & that's who it takes to change the law bout a wife joining a dead hubby in the afterlife, why would she allow herself to be burned? Why would she let other women be burned? i also don't accept that the future life showed in this ep is a sure thing. i think its just a possible future life.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Way"

Krishna Hannaman Indrijet Eli, ya know the drill. Enjoy this ep more each time i see it.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Play's The Thing"

Satire & in-jokes on & from the show. i wish the return from India had not been a Xena-lite comedy ep. as i've said many times, too many comedy eps & maybe it shows that there were subjects & circumstances the writers couldn't do objectively in a serious manner. This may be why the show was never considered deep material cuz of the too often silly lite & comedy eps.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Convert"

Joxer's 1st kill & return of Najara. The former wasn't really deserving of even part of an ep, the latter was disappointing & redundant of the 1st Najara ep. So a pointless ep really.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Takes One to Know One"

Gabby's b-day surprise turns into comedy whodunnit. Last appearance for Auto & Minya, unfortunately. i always wondered what crimes exactly Ravenica was hunting Xena down for. In all the worryin bout who killed the bounty hunter there was no concern over the reason for the bounty. Been more interesting if Ravenica had brought Xena in for justice.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Endgame"

Deaths of Ephiny & Pompey. Always liked this ep tho no more Ephiny means the Amazons go from smart & cool to dumb & useless. Too bad that.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
So only a couple eps left of season 4.

i not sure if i'll continue on after Deja Vu or just watch what i can stomach from the remaining 2 seasons.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Ides of March"

Should have been the series drama finale. Sadly there were 2 more seasons of terrible writing & nonsensical plots. Pregnant Lucy/Xena = jumpin the shark.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i will probably watch only the eps i think are mostly watchable from the final 2 seasons.

That will take up bout half a regular season.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Ha! just noticed my comments on s5-6 eps on previous pages of this post.

i will refer to them in deciding what to watch from those unfortunate seasons.