Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  Xena    Watching Xena Again
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Watching Xena Again
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Finished season 2 last nite.

"A Comedy of Eros"

Nice little comedy before all the Rift drama soon begins. It's too bad Joxer didn't give up on Gabbie here instead of making a fool outta himself later on in season 5 when Gabbie became an emotionless killin' zombie machine & Joxer thought he had a chance with her.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Started season 3 last nite.

"The Furies"

Excellent ep. Darien Takle such a fine actress. Is Ares the daddy? well, considering the lust going on, i hope not, unless he's god of war of Arkansas!

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Been There Done That"

Seen it watched that. i dunno, i kinda tire easy of the Groundhog Day thing. The chakram shot towards the end and planning for it is the best thing i like here. Twasn't much for a redemption fanatic like me.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Dirty Half Dozen"

In which Gabby asked the question, "am i who i am or who you made me?" to Xena. Prophetic question considering what happens in future eps & seasons. For now she is who she is but by season 5 becomes who pregnant Xena makes her- Xena Jr!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Deliverer"

So was Kraftstar always a demon or did Dahak make him one with the sacrifice of Gabby's innocence?

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Gabrielle's Hope"

Never cared a whole lot for this ep. The whole Caesar/Bodecia thing was completely forgotten. The Omen kid was getting on my nerves. And the whiney banshees- puh-leeeeeze!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Debt Pt 1"

The Debt is my fave ep of Xena. Great storytelling, great cast. The only things that bug me about The Debt is that Xena has probably run into just as bad dictators like Ming Tien & didn't kill them. i wish they would have spent more time on him being extraordinarily evil. i don't believe it when he says Xena made him. It's the Callisto excuse & it don't wash with her either. i also think Xena should have told Gabby that she killed Ming when they left. It would have evened the score on Gabby betraying Xena to Ming.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Debt Pt 2"

Excellent ep. Not sure why Lao Ma didn't use her powers to escape death. She could have done that without killing Ming Tien. As for Ming, i think Gabby would have been okay with Xena killing him had she told her she had done so. Gabby knew he was a bloody tyrant. Plus she saw what Xena did with her Lao Ma-like powers in bringing down the palace. That could have killed him but Gabby didn't seem to mind. Naw i think Xena should have told her she killed Ming- that phony talk Xena had with Ming was kinda silly, plus his body not movin or speaking at all should have been a clue to Gabby that something was not right.

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
I think she didn't want to use her powers against her son.

but yeah, i agree Smile

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"King of Assassins"

i always forget about this ep. TPTB seem to like lookalikes- Xena's lookalikes & Joxer's brothers. 3 dancin nekked Gabbies is more like it! This seems like a season 1 or 2 ep with Xena off on one adventure while Gabby waits behind. Not a hugely memorable ep.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Warrior...Priestess...Tramp

Or is it Warrior Pwiestess Twamp? It's a weally silwy wepisode. Pwaise Hestia! Pwaise Hestia! Pwaise the Hestian Virgins! Pwaise Gabwellie's ever swinking BGSB! Pwaise no more Xena wook-awikes!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
The Quill Is Mightier

'nuff said

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Maternal Instincts"

Never cared for either Solan or Hope. i think Solan would have been killed regardless of Hope, Callisto and before they showed us Alti's curse later on. Never really understood Hope's powers or why she wasn't more effective against Xena or why the whole Dahok thing that sounded so evil turned out so lame. If Hope & Callisto had concentrated on killing Xena instead of Solan, then the rest would be easy. Tho we'd no longer have X-WP but Gabby Traveling Bard. Oh well.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Bitter Suite"

i wonder where that place was that Xena & Ares were talking in at the beginning- the snowy mountaintop? It sure didn't take her long to get from there back to the Amazon village.

One odd thing: Xena expects to get quick vengeance on Gabby for Solan's death. But would she allow the same against her for anyone whose family she killed when she was evil? Probably not. Then again, Solan's death was a curse placed by Alti before he's know who his mom is. Kinda weakens the whole rift plot.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"One Against An Army"

Just one ep ago, Xena & Gabby were ready to kill one another and nows theys all lovey dovey again. Sheeeeeeesh!

What was with Gabby saying she had the gift of prophecy? So she has a dream that mostly comes true in this ep. Wonder why they never built on this?

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Forgiven"

Tara, Apollo's cup, Gabby's ear bitten & Xena not wanting forgiven in the end. And Gabby invents charades. Fine self-contained ep.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"King Con"

Dullsville. Okay say something good about it. Hmmmm... Had it aired during season 5, it would have been the best ep of that season. There, i said something good bout it.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"When In Rome"

Excellent ep! A better con was pulled in this ep than in that piece of crap "King Con". Still i wonder... why didn't Xena, Gabby & Vercinix escape the nite before the execution? Could they really not have gotten away in the nite? How'd Mendala get word to Xena, and Xena get to Syria & Rome before Vercinix was to be executed? Would Xena have killed Caesar had there not been a trap (guess the Italian version of the Fates may never have let that happen)? Ah well, guess we'll never know.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Forget Me Not"

Xena-less clip-ep whose sole purpose seems to be for Gabby to recall Ares sent her to Chin ahead of Xena. Or am i missing something?

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Fins, Femmes and Gems"

Love this ep. Wanna make furious zug-zug with Gabby. i appreciate your specialness, Gabby!

"mr xc appreciates my specialness, my firm breasts, my cute tush, even my smelly BGSB which i shall remove now for him..."

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Tsunami"

Excellent ep. Great story, one of the best seafaring XWP eps. Also liked Angela Marie Dotchin who played Soraya.

She looked especially nice when wet.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Hmmmm my pic of Angela Marie Dotchin evaporated!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Vanishing Act"

Like this ep better this time round. In the old dvds, Rob Tapert says this is the worst ep up to it's point. HELLO! how about "King Con", "Ulysses" "Athens Academy etc"? This ep was masterpiece compared to them eps. Tapert, yer insane & comin from me that's bad!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Sacrifice 1"

Seraphan, Dahok, Hope in the cocoon. i like many aspects of this dbl parter but i didn't like that Ares gave in to Dahok. Or was it the fates? Why are the fates involved?

i also thought the whole Dahok plot was unraveling quickly. Bring in the goddess Hope to bring in the destroyer(s) then Dahok. But wasn't Hope supposed to bring about Dahok? Did Dahok appear to Ares or what? Why does Dahok need all the preparation to get on earth? Or is it Preparation H he needs?

Ah well, unsanswered questions.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Sacrifice 2"

Nice cliff-hanging season ender. Or is that lava-pit hanging? Too bad they didn't keep Callisto dead. Oh well.

One more full season to go. i'll probably watch what i can stomack of S5 & 6. Which aint much.