Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  Xena    Watching Xena Again
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Watching Xena Again
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i last watched Xena in mid-November last year and had planned to watch the dreaded season 5 in January of this year. Grief & depression stopped that.

i am planning- or hoping- to start watching what i consider my favorite Xena eps in the spring of next year. i was not sure i could get in the mood for Xena again but i something about the loss i suffered has me feeling okay to watch it. So til then...

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Epic! Glad to hear you're watching Xena again, xc, that's always a good show for dealing with life. I learned some of my best life lessons from Xena! Big Grin

I'm gonna watch the first season again this year with Nicky and then the second season. He vaguely remembers Xena but wants to see it again.

He paid me one of the highest compliments I ever received recently. Said I remind him of Lucy Lawless???? Big Grin Man, that made my year.

Sometimes things look up after tons of grief and pain. I certainly had my share after turning 50 this year. Thankfully it ended better than it began...

Anyway, back to Xena, she had it all; wisdom, fighting skills, healing...what more can one ask for in a hero? Big Grin

"I have many skills." I remember we talked about her being half goddess and wondering whether her papa was Hades or Ares. I think probably Hades. She did look a lot like him!

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Some local cable station shows Xena reruns. i only see parts of it but now they are showing season 5. *bleeech!*

When i start watchin Xena again, it will just be my most favorite eps to begin with. That rules out all but one ep from season 5- the one with Boobican or whatever her name was, Mavican, i think.

There will be mostly eps from seasons 1-4 and a few from season 6. Not sure when i will start that but no, no preggers Xena, no zombie Gabby aka Xena Jr (i HATE the term 'warrior bard' such a contradiction, like military intelligence).

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i've been watching dvd's of the old Fugitive tv show for the last several months and finally finished. Now it is time to start watching Xena again.

In my other Xena watching post, i stopped at the end of season 4 as someone in my life (meaning mama xc) began to experience health issues. i never did resume watching the show & i have no interest in resuming with what i consider the wasted season 5.

So starting tonight, almost two years later, i'm going to kick off watching Xena again & concentrate on either my favorite eps or those i feel i may want to see again depending on what i recall of it. This means next to no S5 eps, except for one i can think of, namely Succession. i'll have to check the synopsis for eps of S5 & 6 to decided if i want to see them again.

i'll try to post at least once a week with some viewpoints of various eps i've seen. i won't be watching as often as i did the Fugitive cause i also want to watch other shows, the Flash, Blacklist and Riverdale and whenever it returns, iZombie. So i'll start tonight with Sins of the Past.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i watched 3 Xena eps this week & won;t resume til Sunday night.

Sins of the Past- excellent debut ep. Funny how the ppl in Amhipolis seemed to forgive Xena when & after she fought Draco. However, the bigots in Potedaia wanted her out of town after she save the girls from Draco's men. Love Gabrielle when she defended Xena from the rock throwers in Cyrene's pub.

Dreamworker- Loved the lesson of 'wisdom before weapons' & the stone in the lake analogy at the end. Too bad the morals of this ep were quickly forgotten come season 5.

Cradle of Hope- Eps with babies usually suck but this was a good one thanks to good acting & the addition of the Pandora legend.

i skipped Chariots of War, just never cared for it.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i didn't watch Xena last week.
i taped Sharp Objects off HBO when it was free for a few days. i taped it cause Amy Adams was in it. It was slow, depressing and unrealistic.i should have watched Xena which i will do again starting tonight.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Last week i watched The Path Not Taken. Marcus, kidnapped princess, Gabrielle in prison. They never explained how she got out of being executed so quickly, though it was all off screen.

The Reckoning. Ares, Xena locked up.

The Titans. Liked this better this time around

i skipped Prometheus cause i hate the lovey-dovey crap between Xena & Hercules, Gabrielle & Iolaus

Death in Chains. Liked this better this time around, too.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
This week i've seen-

Hooves & Harlots, this is always pretty good, Xena laughing as she fights & Gabrielle still very innocent

The Black Wolf, here we get some iconic statements like 'i have many skills' and 'it was 10 years ago' for the first time. One of the best eps of the entire series.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Last week i watched:

"Beware Greeks Bearing Gifts". Never did understand why Xena didn't leave Gabrielle somewhere else instead of dragging her into a war zone. It seemed out of character for her.

i skipped "Athens City Academy of the Performing Bards", it was always kind of a boring clip ep.

"A Fistful of Dinars". This time Gabrielle seemed out of character by flirting with Xena's ex-fiance. Good ep otherwise.

"Warrior... Princess". This ep has improved a little for me over time.

"Mortal Beloved". Too much lovey dovey crap with Marcus. How come Xena doesn't ask Hades if she can go to see her beloved brother?

"The Royal Couple of Thieves". The fight with Sinteres was the best thing about this ep, that & Lucy is that hot outfit as the concubine.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Last week i watched:

"The Prodigal"- Xena tells Gabrielle to acr, not react. This is a lesson Xena forgets when she goes up against Caesar & later when she gets raped by Callisto & acts all high & mighty about Eve.

"Altared States"- Love these Old Testament based eps. Love it when Gabrielle was cute & funny before dumbass Joxer made a foolish joke outta himself all the time

"Ties That Bind" -Ares disguises as Xena's dad. So did Ares do bad stuff as Atrius for weeks before appearing to Xena just to fool her? i never understood that. Seemed like a lotta work when it never panned out & he gave up his gag as Xena's dad so easily.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
This week i watched:

"The Greater Good" -Always wondered why the warlord wanted to have horses rip Xena's supposedly dead apart instead of beheading her. i guess it was just to move the plot along & have Xena make her comeback in time to save Argo.

"Callisto" -Too bad this wasn't Joxer's sole ep. Too much of his silliness in future eps. The ending still never made sense. Xena catches Callisto by the rope when she falls at the end. The next scene, Callisto & her are shackled up. So how come Theodorus & the others gave up without a fight. It was a major plot hole as far as i'm concerned. Oh well.

"Death Mask" -So, Callisto was 'made' by Xena. And in this ep we learn that Xena was 'made' by Cortese. Therefore, shouldn't Callisto blame Cortese cause if it weren't for him, her family would still be alive.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
This week i watched:

"Is There a Doctor in the House?"- This ep just gets better with time, it never ages. Best anti-war ep of any tv show ever.

Moving on to season 2:

"Orphan of War"- Solan, centaurs & the Ixion Stone. A great ep.

"Remember Nothing" -Xena enters a parallel world created by the Fates. Another great ep.

"The Giant Killer"- Gabrielle shows off the BGSB starting in this ep. As always, i love the Old Testament eps.

"Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" -This was good but too comical with Joxer in it. Loved the music,and Xena and Gabrielle were hot as vampires.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Recently watched:

"Return of Callisto"- great EP as always

"Warrior... Princess... Tramp"- kinda tired of these lookalike EPs

"Intimate Stranger" -never understood the guilt thing over Callisto; reformed Xena has killed and let ppl die before, why the guilt?

"Ten Little Warlords" -like this more i see it

"A Solstice Carol" -a decent comedy EP

"The Xena Scrolls"-great concept but this would be better as a drama

i skipped "Here She Comes... Miss Amphipolis" cause i find it boring

"Destiny" -excellent, we never learn about the girl at the beginning though

"The Quest"- so why didn't Xena just possess Gabrielle from the get-go?

"A Necessary Evil" - i kinda like Valesca

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Last week i watched:

"A Day in the Life"- my favorite light ep. If only the comedies on this show remained at this high quality

"For Him the Bell Tolls"- things might have been better had this been Joxer's swan song. Him as a warrior type was not so bad.

"The Execution"- Saving Meleager from the hangman. This is a decent ep. i liked Gabrielle standing up to Xena.

"Blind Faith"- Doesn't every TV hero have a ep where they go temporarily blind?

"Ulysses"- i used to not like this ep but it has improved with repeated viewings

i should finish up season 2 soon. i am making great time going through watchable eps. Maybe i should slow down and take it slower. Once season 4 is through, the pickings become scarcer and harder to find.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Recently watched in last couple weeks:

"The Price" - The Horde & Kaltaka & Gabrielle clashes with Xena. Excellent.

"Lost Mariner" - Cecrops. Great ep.

"A Comedy of Eros" -season 2 ender in May 1997, such a better year. Still too much Joxer

"The Furies" - season 3 beginner, is Ares the daddy? Could be...maybe

"Been There, Done That" - Groundhog Day take-off, the joke runs thin but still a good ep

"The Dirty Half Dozen" -Great ep that illustrates how Xena is going to change Gabrielle in the future

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Recently i watched:

"The Deliverer" -Beginning of the Rift, Hope & Dahok. The Dahok part of this arc never made much sense. Never understood why the Greek gods didn't just nip it in the bud.

"Gabrielle's Hope"- Annoying Banshees, wishy washy Knights of the Round Table and the Omen theme. Very weird ep.

"The Debt, Part 1" -Excellent 2 parter, Evil Xena is to die for. She's pretty hot with the mud face & slicked back hair, too.

"The Debt, Part 2" -The betrayal & more stuff for the rift. Excellent ep.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Recently watched:

"The King of Assassins"- meh, i fast forwarded through a lot of this ep

i skipped over "Warrior… Priestess… Tramp". Enuff with the look-alikes. It is no longer funny...

"The Quill Is Mightier…" ...unless the look-alikes are 3 dancin nekked Gabrielles

"Maternal Instincts" - lies & mistrust

"The Bitter Suite" -best ever musical ep for any tv show

"One Against an Army" -back on track almost too soon after the rift

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Finished watching season 3.

"Forgiven" -Yeah, Tara is annoying. Xena mothering up to her too much also annoying

"King Con" -Liked this a little better than usual

"When in Rome..." -When in & around Xena where there is Caesar, Gabrielle best watch out.

"Forget Me Not" -Would've been better without Joxer

"Fins, Femmes and Gems" -see above

"Tsunami" -Enough with the sea eps

"Vanishing Act" -okay, better this time around

"Sacrifice, Part 1" & "Part 2" -Never understood why Ares feared Dahak. But i liked Renee as adult Hope.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Season 4, so far

"Adventures in the Sin Trade, Part 1" & "Part 2"

In search of Gabrielle...the only weak part of this otherwise awesome 2 parter was the small amount of time they dedicated to Anokin. They should have explored that more, fleshed it out, more flesh or something

"A Family Affair"

A good ep but a bummer way to end the already disappointing Dahak storyline. They should've showed Gabrielle's parents at the end, maybe apologizing to Xena

"In Sickness and in Hell"

Even with scabs, Gabrielle was super hot in this ep, she can slobber on me all day cause i slobber over her. It would have been better as a drama ep without Joxer

"A Good Day"

Wherein Xena's fixation on Cesar gets Gabrielle all in a rut again

"A Tale of Two Muses"

Gabrielle very hot in this ep. At the beginning, X&G defend a woman getting whipped without finding out first what she did. What if she killed babies or poisoned people? i think they should ask before defending anyone, even a woman

"Locked up and Tied Down"

The cop-out ep. Xena goes to prison for a crime where the thought dead victim is really alive. They could have made a storyline similar to this one for the final ep & made a better ending than the AFIN garbage.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Recently watched:

"Crusader"

A great ep which is better with time

"Past Imperfect"

The weird thing about this ep was Xena's sudden connection to the past in Corinth. For me it was too fast too soon and it didn't sound logical. But i can overlook that little qualm.

i skipped "The Key to the Kingdom", too silly

"Daughter of Pomira"

Vanessa/Pelee the Horde chick comes home against her will. A sad yet also hopeful ep.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Almost finished with season 4.

"If the Shoe Fits" was too silly for my tastes.

Then came the India arc: "Paradise Found", "Devi", "Between the Lines" and "The Way". This is my favorite arc/multi-storyline. The only parts i did not like was Gabrielle losing her long, beautiful hair and the misconception that Xena's very next life would be as the mother of peace. In BTL, it said 'a' future life, not the next one.

"The Play's the Thing" seemed to poke fun at the series itself, though they did it in a creative way it really didn't work.

"The Convert" was below-par. Joxer's first kill didn't interest me and Najara's return was a dull rerun, offering nothing new.

"Takes One to Know One" This one for me gets better with each viewing

"Endgame" i always thought the scene where Xena rides Argo into combat should have been silent, no sounds. It would have been more dramatic that way.

"The Ides of March" This should have been the final episode ever. Either that, or let X&G beat the Alti vision. Because- season 5 that followed sucked cuz they had to film a pregnant Lucy.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Recently watched, mostly complete:

Finished season 4 with "Déjà Vu All over Again" which i always liked. Nice way to have ended the series.

Season 5 SUCKS!

i watched "Succession" mostly because of that big boobed blonde, Mavican. Unfortunately, it was a sucky ep because of Xena Jr, alias Gabrielle, and her attitude. Plus, in this ep Xena doesn't know yet that she's pregnant, so why the clothes hiding her fat belly?

"Little Problems" - i watched this cause Rose McIver is in it. She's a young girl here but now she's a hottie in iZombie. It was a decent ep.

"God Fearing Child" - I wanted to see this to see how much i remembered. It wasn't too bad, especially when Xena Jr wasn't in scenes. Also, Solan is in Tartarus watching good days past. Xena moves him out to the Elysian Fields. I think she should have minded her own business. If the kid wants to live off memories, let him.

"Eternal Bonds" -Tried to watch this garbage but when Xena Jr went bonkers killing, i turned it off. i wish somebody would've killed Gabrielle in early season 5. Or better, she should've stayed dead on the Roman cross instead of Eli bringing her back.

I am finished with season 5, thank God, and will try to make it through a few eps of season 6 before calling it a day.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
This week i watched the Ring Trilogy from season 6. This was composed of "The Rheingold", "The Ring" and "Return of the Valkyrie".

i though Brunhilda was pretty hot. i never understood why her & Beowulf were in love with Gabrielle. By this point in season 6, she's little more than a Xena-bot, cold as ice uncaring zombie, a mere shadow (on a good day) of who she used to be.

These three eps have a vibe that would've worked better in season 3. Xena does all the work yet all the praise falls on Gabrielle, who doesn't deserve any. Still, they were good eps.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Finished season 6 eps i can bear watching.

"You Are There"- This wasn't too bad. i liked that they didn't bring out the nature of X&G's relationship. Doing that ruins things for some fans & the show is best when it leaves things as mystery

"Soul Possession"- A good ep except Lucy's acting seemed off, for some reason. Plus, the writer's seemed tp forget that Xena could sense when Ares was around which was forgotten here.

"Send in the Clones"- Not as good as it could have been. The three dorky fans were too much, too cliched and Alti's reasons for cloning X&G seemed implausible & dumb. It would've been better to clone them for science reasons & then have Alti or Callisto appear.

"When Fates Collide" - IMO this should have been the series finale, either it or Ides of March. The only downer was Gabrielle appearing in Xena Jr outfit as the end.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i'm thinking bout watching fave eps again in 2021.

i need a break from it for awhile

i watched a Sheena ep that Steven Sears wrote or directed and it kinda got me nostalgic for Xena