Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  Xena    Who's Gurkhan

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Who's Gurkhan
 Login/Join 
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted
WEEK TWO:

Who's Gurkhan

The Form

***NOTE: The form has been slightly altered in the one word section. So be sure to click on the link in case you have it saved in your computer.

Happy watching and make sure to wipe the drool off the screen when you're done! Big Grin

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
One Word/Catch Phrase-Sexy
Fave Scene-There's actually 3 of them-Gab's dance, Xena's dance, and after they tortured Xena when they brought her back and Gab held her
Fave Quote-In the above scene when Xena said "peachy"
Dislikes-Don't really have any
Picture It-The torture of Xena-how she kept seeing visions of Gab to get her thru it
Subtext-Again when Gab ran to Xena after they brought her back from the torture chamber and she held Xena in her arms, And when Xena was with Gurkhan on the bed and they sent for Gab and he said "join us little one"
Commentary-This was a very tense episode. It showed raw emotion with Gab finding out her parents had been killed, and while Xena was being tortured. And it also showed the risks each one of them would take for the other one because of their love for one another. This is one of my favorite season 6 eps.

WXF Smile

Posts: 507 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Warrior Scroller
Picture of Discord Man
posted Hide Post
One Word/Catch Phrase: Vengence
Fave Scene: When Xena's Clothes were torn off and Virgil got a peek.
Fave Quote:Well....I am going to have to agree with XWF on when Xena said "peachy".
Dislikes: none
Picture It: The three soidiers beheading what they thought was Sara which ended up being Gurkan.
Commentary: This imo was a set up for FIN showing how strong Gabrielle's character has become. Very good episode!!!!!!! Big Grin

------------------------

www.youtube.com/discordman

Posts: 305 | Location: Fort Smith AR | Registered: 09 July 2005Report This Post
Scroller Extraordinaire
posted Hide Post
oh, i still have to watch this.
I got s3 of charmed the other day, and it's taking up all my spare time Big Grin

I've got Discord Man's fav scene in a sig pic from years ago... i should see if i can find it Big Grin... some of you people should remember it.

Scroller Extraordinaire
posted Hide Post
Here we go Big Grin

Warrior Scroller
Picture of Discord Man
posted Hide Post
LMAO!!! Smile That's Great!

------------------------

www.youtube.com/discordman

Posts: 305 | Location: Fort Smith AR | Registered: 09 July 2005Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
One word/ Catch phrase: Harsh. I don't know, Xena being beaten and the way Gurkhan so easily agree's to Sarah's head on a platter. I need a bigger vocabulary Frown

Fave scene: When Xena puts the pinch on Gurkhan and leaves him to Gabrielle.

Fav quote: "I've done terrible things. How can I be forgiven?"
"Are you ever in the right company"
I think that's how it went. It looks strange written down..

Dislikes: Not really a dislike, just when Gabrielle finds out her parents are dead.. when the camera zooms in on her face and the lightning flashes.. it irks me for some reason..

Picture it!: Gabrielle's dance. Even though I like Xena's better, it's what comes to mind when thinking about the episode. Possibly because I have a poster of it on my door.. She looks nice Smile

Any extra commentary: Ame's sig pic, I always think of it while watching this episode. It's nice to see it again, hehehe Razz

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
I also have yet to watch it. Won't be until tommorrow or wed. though.

My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Scroller Extraordinaire
posted Hide Post
call me slack, but i still haven't done this

i've finished watching charmed s3 on dvd now, so i'll have time

over the weekend hopefully.

Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
One word/ Catch phrase:
Harem Hatin'

Fave scene:
Virgil selling Xena had me LMAO
Torture scene: Horrible and beautiful at the same time
Xena's dance-blush

Fav quote
G: Eve, that peaceful smile is not gonna cut it!

G: (Instead of killing him) I HATE YOU! (Gave me a bit of a giggle)

X: There's a loophole in the system.

Dislikes:
Like many others I did not like the scene with Eve and Xena. "Do you think I inherited that from you, mother?" They tried to write this off as a sweet moment but I thought it was anything but. It screamed Callisto.

Picture it!:
Gabrielle and Xena sitting by the baths on the bench right before Xena tells Gabrielle she can kill Gurkhan.

Subtext:
I love the look on Xena's face when Gabby is dancing for Gurkhan. Such a mix of emotions there.

The hallucination of Gabby dancing for her when she's talking to Gurkhan in the torture chamber. She's her light at the end of the tunnel.

Any extra commentary: This is one of the best episodes of the series I feel. Rich colors, good storyline, and it strengthens to Xena/Gabby bond. The dancing Xena and Gabrielle were okay to....I guess. Big Grin

My Space

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
One word/ Catch phrase: harems & hookah pipes

Fave scene: Just when you think Gurkhan gets away with his life...OFF WITH HIS HEAD! Hooray!

Fav quote: "That's your goal. What's your plan?"- Eve (done with a hint of Livia. Nice.)

Picture it!: Anything with Rob's Folly floating on the Tasman Sea is a pretty picture.
Anything involving prosthetic make up, while memorable and particularly well done in this ep, is not pretty.

Dislikes: I didn't go for the whole Gabrielle running into the rain yelling for vengeance. The "Now I kill him !" line is...awkward. What's up with the sentence structure? Is it missing a verb or a pronoun or something? Confused

Subtext: Gabrielle as Xena's inspiration to survive the torture.

Any extra commentary: Michael Hurst directing = Quality (IMO)

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Extraordinaire
posted Hide Post
One Word/Catch Phrase:
colourful

Fave Scene:
the one where xena asks for sara's head on a platter, and the look on number 1 wifes face (i just like saying number 1 wife) it's fun Big Grin

Fave Quote:
(OK, so i cut and pasted from whoosh)
Vir [Song-like]: "I sing of Superlious-- pirate of the high
se-e-e-e-e-e-eas! I capture beautiful maidens and sell them,
a-a-a-ah! [Normal Voice] Hi, Gabrielle."

Dislikes:
The bit with Xena and Eve on the boat... it was just like.. eh... not in tune with the rest of the ep.

Picture It:

Subtext:

Commentary:
This episode was made the same week Jess was born Big Grin, i don't know how i know this, i just always have.... actually, i think there is a fan club vid/dvd on the making of this ep, and it must have had the date it was done on it or something Big Grin

Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ame:
Fave Scene:
the one where xena asks for sara's head on a platter, and the look on number 1 wifes face (i just like saying number 1 wife) it's fun Big Grin

It is fun to say! Razz

My Space