Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  Xena    I have a theory, which is my theory, the theory that belongs to me

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
I have a theory, which is my theory, the theory that belongs to me
 Login/Join 
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted
I've noticed that just about every range of Xena doll merchandise contains at least one Xena in harem costume.

Now, I don't read much online about fans slavering over this outfit.

It seems to me that whoever makes Xena figurines has assumed that we do.

Hence the plethora of dolls.

"Hey, Xena wore a harem outfit in a show one time. A harem outfit. Phwoar! I bet the fans will go for that. Quick, make one of them pewter dolls look like she's wearing a harem outfit. It'll sell shitloads!"

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
I have the small action figure one. The one that looks like they didn't spend five minutes on it. She some how goes around this pole and looks retarded doing it. I have to say Velasca is much cooler. An Amazon and ambrosia all in one package?? And she's not even the main character. Razz

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the Velasca doll kills the Xena harem one in the 6 inch lot.

Hey, convention story time. I asked Melinda Clark at a UK convention if she knew about the Velasca doll. She didn't. I told her they had copies for sale and she left the stage, bought one, and returned.

She showed it to Hudson and Hudson said, "Yeah, but they made THREE Callisto dolls".

Heh heh! Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I forgot to add that I love the knife that comes with the Velasca doll, and the way it slots into a rock and opens up a secret vault!

One of the best Xena dolls made, IMO.

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroller
Picture of TheMadMonk
posted Hide Post
Yea, i noticed this about the dolls even though i am not acollector of xena dolla..This about the obnly thinh i don't collect ..Sorry, but i'm not adoll person..

Posts: 25 | Location: Balancing on top of the board.. | Registered: 09 September 2006Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of Rellik
posted Hide Post
MAN I had no idea there were such elaborate dolls... theres even one with callisto and hope. Straight out of here coccoon;

HOPE DOLL

Posts: 410 | Location: canada | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post