Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  Xena    Lucy On Celebrity Duets
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Lucy On Celebrity Duets
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Duet #2 for Lucy was "Ooo Baby Baby" with Smokey Robinson.
Less vocals to do but a much better performance and she appeared more confident.
Rave reviews by judges.
Marie said it was fantastic.
David said it may be one of the year's best performances (or some such thing).
Little Richard talked about his big toe. That man makes Paula Abdul sound like Einstein.

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Disciple
Picture of Brian
posted Hide Post
I can't imagine anyone with real music training being fooled by any of the others. Lea Thompson has a good voice, the Fresh Prince guy certainly has a dynamic, but as far as tempo and notes and pitch and phrasing... Lucy is not only the best, but the ONLY singer, in my opinion. She sang better than some of the vocal "stars." During her duet with Smokey, one of the notes was way off... but he missed it, not her.

The big toe comment... "you made the big toe in my boot go up!"... a double entendre on her stunning visual effect.

Lucy's a pro. It's hardly a fair competition. Battle On, Lucy.

Posts: 207 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller
posted Hide Post
All I can say is I now have a lot more sympathy for people who have family members who particpate in shows like this -- even though I know Lucy can sing and love her voice, I was a wreck watching, mainly wating for them to $*&^! with her somehow. (There was a lot of praying "PLEASE don't pair her up with Randy Travis!"). Also the fact that she was the first one to perform and Marie's comment about "relating to Michael" (as someone said earlier, why???). And then Little Richard's unintelligible critique. The only thing I understood out of his mouth (in response to Lucy's performance) was "I was born at night but not last night!" What the HELL did that mean?? Considering her competition, I definitely believe she can and should win, but the judges seem quite taken with Jai for some reason.

Anyone else notice how they mentioned Hal's "Talk Soup" connection but totally failed to mention "Queer as Folk" (or did I just miss it?).

This week the judge's voted someone off, but they said next week (and next week it airs on Thursday and Friday at 9pm (8 central) the viewers get to vote, I imagine by call in or text in. That'll be when they REALLY find out what Xenites are capable of! Smile

But it really was fantastic seeing Lucy again, and she does look hot (even with the blonde hair, and it really kills me to say that. . .)

Posts: 25 | Location: Just southwest of Corpus Christi, TX | Registered: 11 February 2006Report This Post
Scroller
posted Hide Post
I put up a notice at work about the show and posted it around the building. I used Lucy's current picture with her blonde hair and people were arguing with me that it was not "Xena". I said that is not Xena, but Lucy Lawless. And I assured them that she CAN SING. And she has a distinct advantage in that she has a rabid and loyal fan base. And hopefully she will do as Simon says -- "Song choice is everything!" Oooh, pair her with Chaka Khan and do "I'm every Woman." Let Lucy cut loose!

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the updates Lila, you're such a good girl Big Grin

and it wouldn't be just me who'd kill you, i know salem and argy are wanting me to make copies once i get my copy hehehe

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
one question... if lucy does well or even wins, would you say it was on her talent, or cause of obsessed xenites? hehehe

if you had to list all the celebrities from best to worst, how did the others go? was anyone even close to being good?

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bambi And Thumper:
one question... if lucy does well or even wins, would you say it was on her talent, or cause of obsessed xenites? hehehe

Both Wink

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
I... my... what...

I can't even form words. The show was just plain painful. Lucy did very well, but some of the other crap that I had to sit through? I just can't do it again. I love ya, Luce and you know I support you, but I already have enough hearing (and brain) damage.

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
aw...it wasn't that bad...

but it was pretty bad. it was worth the watch for me just to see Marie Osmond call someone "too white," and do it while sitting next to Little Richard. classic...

it's Lucy, the Queer Eye guy, the Fresh Prince guy...and a whole lotta bad bad singers. i'll record and fast fwd to Lucy from here on out...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post
i saw lucy, but didn't watch much more
i know i won't be able to handle little richard long term

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Disciple
posted Hide Post
aside from lucy...i think listening to the littlerichardisms is the best part of the show. i honestly couldn't wait for him to talk so i could look at my friend and go.."wwhat?" we were rolling. good times.

~b

Posts: 237 | Location: sodak | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bambi And Thumper:
Thanks for all the updates Lila, you're such a good girl Big Grin

and it wouldn't be just me who'd kill you, i know salem and argy are wanting me to make copies once i get my copy hehehe

Ame, you have a PM Smile

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
as do you lila Big Grin

Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
The first time Little Richard spoke I'm glad I wasn't the only one that didn't understand a word he said. The second time she spoke I heard him and I still didn't understand what he said. I really hope the don't keep him. I used to love him. He's just getting to old to make any sense.

By the way, Lucy looked amazing. I think she might of looked a little nervous in the first set. Lea Tompson was either awful or Randy Travis should never do a duet again.

I still need watch the other half of it. I'll be back.Smile

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
First off.... Mary how good to see you! You too Bails!

Okay - I think I enjoyed Little Richard better than anything.
This is your brain...

This is your brain on drugs...

Okay, poor Lucy struggled with that first song, but who wouldn't? Michael Bolton EEEK! That man gives me the Huzzzzzz. Second song was smokin', but did anyone else notice she went into character to sing it?

And tht damn kid from Silver Spoons just won't frickin' go away, sheesh! He was annoying then, and annoying now.

I adore Hal Sparks and kinda dig his rock edge.

They need to vote off Randy Travis, can they do that?

LeeAnn Womack, what a beautiful voice, one of my favorite songs, but the little gal she sang with might need to stick to flipping.

Chris Jaranimo or whatever his name is... well... he did give his all.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
quote:
but did anyone else notice she went into character to sing it

Heck yes! She needs to keep doing that? LOVED IT!

I can't help but not love Hal Sparks. I love how he has this totally differant take on the song of choice.

Poor Cheech is not going to last long.

I'm assuming they have differant artists each week? I don't know if I can stand eight more weeks of Micheal Bolton or gods forbid....Michelle Williams...trying so hard to erase that from my memory.

My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure they have new singers each week.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
hopefully they won't be 40 years past thier voice giving up...ilove Smokey Robinsin. Gladys Knight, too. but they're done...and it's kinda sad to see/hear them still singing publicly.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
It's crazy to think how far music has come and gone since then.

My Space

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
i love their music. it's just that it's hard to watch them perform it when they are no longer physically able to do it well...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
I got warm toasty feelings when I saw Smokey. And then that duet with Lucy. Oh my god.

My Space

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post

Sorry, just HAD to do it!
Big Grin

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
I.... YOU.....
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh lila dear. Just for that...
"toot toot, heyyyy, beep beep..."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Oh dear god! Help us all! smash

My Space

Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post