Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  Xena    Lucy On Celebrity Duets
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Lucy On Celebrity Duets
 Login/Join 
Scroller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by De'vine Misconception:
Second song was smokin', but did anyone else notice she went into character to sing it?

Yes, as soon as she opened her mouth, but then I thought it might be my imagination! Although when Marie complimented her on changing her voice to suit the song I do remember thinking, man, you ain't seen nothin' yet! Big Grin

I also have to agree with something someone else said here, about the show being a little painful to watch. I told Melody I was really torn, because I wanted Lucy to win, but that would mean watching the show every week and I didn't know if I could do that. There really are only 3 who are any good, and I know I'm biased, but I honestly don't think the other two (both men) come close to Lucy's level. As for the other 5, they're not really truly horrible, they're just not good. But then in my opinion, even some of the "professionals" didn't seem to be at the top of their game. I know Smokey's getting on in years, but even Randy sounded a little "off" to me. But maybe singing with Cheech will do that to you. Roll Eyes As for the two who seem to be her only real competition, I think the advantage they have (or had on the first show at least) is that they got more upbeat songs that allowed a more physical performance, whereas Lucy's were pretty low key, just stand there and sing type songs, if that makes any sense. And I think the judges seemed to get caught up in the dancing and the "moves" or whatever. If they'd just had to stand there and sing like she did, the differences would be obvious.

So who do y'all think is going to be voted off next? I was sure the little Olympic girl was going the first night, so I'm going to say she's next. Then Leah Thompson. Then Cheech.

I wonder if once they find out who they're going to be singing with, they get any input on what song the'll do?

Posts: 25 | Location: Just southwest of Corpus Christi, TX | Registered: 11 February 2006Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by De'vine Misconception:
I.... YOU.....
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh lila dear. Just for that...
"toot toot, heyyyy, beep beep..."

Okay I guess it was well-deserved, but still, you are an evil, evil woman. That earworm will accompany my to Fanway Park today. Thanks. Roll Eyes I don't think I have ever looked forward to having 'Take Me Out to The Ballgame' stuck in my head quite this much... Razz Wink

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller
posted Hide Post
I don't know why I do this to myself, but . . . has anyone read any of the reviews online about the show? I just did a search for Celebrity Duets and of course it turned up a bunch of sites, TV Guide stuff, Fox channel stuff, different newspaper sites, blogs, etc. I was stunned (shocked and dismayed even) at how many people apparently think it's going to come down to Jai and the black Fresh Prince guy. Lucy for the most part was completely discounted, and I even found a couple (not blogs, but I think one was a newspaper site) who thought Lucy should have been the first one sent home! ARE YOU PEOPLE INSANE?!? Eek

I just have a feeling this is all going to end badly and I'm going to be very, very, very p***ed off. Mad

Sorry, but I just needed to vent. Roll Eyes

Posts: 25 | Location: Just southwest of Corpus Christi, TX | Registered: 11 February 2006Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
I too went and did the same thing and saw alot of people though Jai was wonderful, or some other crap

these people have no taste.....

and who else but lucy has rabid xena fans voting Big Grin

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
is the show on each week?

therefore, how was this week's show, who was voted off?

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Well, last week (the first week) the judges did the voting and Chris Jericho got voted off. This week it goes to the audience. I think that's what you wanted to know. Forgive me if someone already said that. I got up too early this morning.

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Ame, if you were awaiting this week's report and thinking you missed it you didn't. The show was on Tues last week but this week moves to it's regular time slot of Thursday (with Friday's result show).
So yes I will be here posting for you later... Wink

Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Ah, yes...sorry...good catch Lila. Smile

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
ok, i thought y'all were getting slack... hehehe

Scroller
posted Hide Post
Oh my God - where is everybody?? Lucy was on first last week and it looks like this week she's going to be last and the waiting is KILLING me! No idea of who they're putting her with this week. She and Jai arer the only two left to go. I have to say everyone seems to be doing better this week than they did last week. I'll put the # to call and vote for her after they announce it. There's supposed to be 2 hours to vote between 9:00 and 11:00 CST. That'd be 10 and midnight east coast I guess.

Show's back . . .!

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
lmao--they showed Rob in the audience, but they mispelled his name..."Rob TaLpert--Lucy's husband"
heh

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
WEll, she opened the show last week. Looks like they are going to have her close the show this week. Be back to let you know what she does.
I got a late start watching so I kind of Tivo'ed (fast forwarded) through some of the other performances.
Way short recap:
Little gymnast did better, Lea Thompson w/ Belinda Carlisle (yay! GoGos!), Alfonso Ribero with Jeffrey "On the Wings of Love" Osbourne. (My mom was his 6th grade teacher. Jeffrey's, not Alfonso's. No, really.), Jai w/ Brian McKnight and they may have both been off key- at least Brian McKnight was.Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lila997,

Scroller
posted Hide Post
Okay, well, Jai's done. A commercial break and then Lucy.

I was thinking that they should possibly hype the charity aspect of this thing more (so far they've barely mentioned it), but in hindsight I can see where if they announced the charities each one is hoping to win for, some people might be voting for the charity and not for the singer. Yeah, I can see that. So maybe it's better they don't let you know.

Alrighty. We're back. I feel sick. If I ever had a kid doing a piano recital I'd be a basket case.

She's singing with Kenny Loggins. I don't know the name of the song. ("Sweet love shoing us a heavenly light -- I've never seen such a beautiful sight...I know forever we'll be doin' it" -- tha one.)

Of course Marie (Who I'm really starting to think of as That Osmand B---h) said she'd heard she'd been practicing with a voice coach and to be careful about that because "it can freak you out" and then said "I saw you miss some words during the performance. Sorry!" Little Richard said something incomprehensible but complimentary, and the other guy said he tried not to watch her because it was distracting so he tried to listen like he would in a reocording studio and "It was good but it wasn't great". (Lucy told him "Keep watching").

Okay, if you want to vote it's 1-866-903-8387. The show tomorrow night will announce who gets the least votes tonight (and so get's voted off). Unfortunately I'm not going to be home tomorrow night so someone better post something on here to let me know what happened!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ticketbndr,

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Song she sang was "Whenever I Call You Friend"
I like her as a blonde.
Her excitement is infectious.
She hung in there vocally.

Just to clarify: the number to vote for Lucy is
1-866-903-8387
(866) DUET 7

Oh and they showed Rob Tapert in the audience cheering after the performance. I believe with Sharon Delaney (of the fan club).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lila997,

Scroll Disciple
Picture of Brian
posted Hide Post
i was at an event and missed the whole thing. forgot about it entirely. good thing i happened to check the Scrolls before going to bed.

I voted five times. How immature of me.

Later. I'm going to go vote five more.

Posts: 207 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller
posted Hide Post
Dude! It's a toll free number. Don't stop at 5!! We've been voting on re-dial for the past hour and 49 minutes. 11 minutes to go. Smile

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
i think Celebrity Duets is about to meet the power of the Xenaverse...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
And you all call yourselves Xenites!

Am I the only one that noticed the song????? Hello - that Kenny Loggins duet was originally done with none other than STEVIE NICKS!!!!!

I was laughing my ass off. All I could think of was Lucy busting into.... And I saw my reflection in a big pile of natchos.......

It's rigged. The producers had to have set that up.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Sing it with me, folks!

"Now, there you go again, you say you want burritos.
I'm sure that you can keep 'em down.
It's only a flour tortilla, used to wrap around your meat now.
Have you any beans you'd like to share ..."

No? How about...

"You placed an order, I wrote it down.
Three enchiladas, the best in town.
Then I saw my reflection in a big pile of nachos.
The landslide brought in down."

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Results show recap (yes it is spoilerific):

Opening number...entire cast sings "One Way or Another". Lucy's in leather! ha!

Oh and looks like she is about to open the show again.

And she did... a "Footloose" duet. Wearing Gabrielle's white fringe costume from Lyre Lyre... not even kidding. Well, a little kidding. She looked great.

And the results... she's safe. Of course. Behold the power of the Xenaverse. Big Grin

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
i love the blow by blows Big Grin

well done

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Carlton Fresh Prince and Jai Queer Eye are also safe. Carly Gymnast and Cheech are in the bottom 3. Don't ask what they sang, I couldn't be bothered to listen.

I did listen to Lea Thompson. Ouch. She is nervous because there are only 2 people left so a good chance that she is the remaining spot of the bottom 3. But wait, Lea, don't give up yet! Hal Sparks still has to perform. Things are looking up. Then again, it does come down to audience vote/popularity vs talent in many (okay most) cases.
Wonder if there's a Caroline in the City fan club?

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Commercial break then we find out that Lea is in the bottom 3. Whaaaa?

Wonder how many commercial breaks there will be before the end?

Okay Carly is safe. Sit, Carly.

Now a commercial? Nope the envelope please (and some heinous feedback from Wayne Brady's microphone-eeeeee!)

Oh and look- a surprise performance from Toby keith (who is totally plugging his new movie by singing the theme song) . Is there such a thing as a PERSON being product placement?

Face it. We are never getting results.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Buh-bye Lea Thompson.

At least you weren't the first out. Howard the Duck would be proud. Wink

Scroll Disciple
Picture of Brian
posted Hide Post
I couldn't really watch. Sorry. I did flip it on to see Lucy, and with my usual sense of timing I saw the opening number and then got called away and got back and just missed her. I was subjected to Carly the Gymnast doing... something.

I heard Lucy was safe and couldn't watch anymore.

I'm very puzzled by it all. Hal Sparks and Fresh Prince Guy have a lot of energy and are going all out to "act" like rock stars, but they really can't sing at all. And though Lea Thompson wasn't great, I felt she was far better than most of the others.

Oh well. That's why I'm not a record producer, I guess.

Lila, thanks for your diligence and prompt reports. You deserve the Battle On Award for taking on such painful work so the rest of us may sleep without nightmares. Bless you, Lila.

Posts: 207 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post