Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  Xena    Alternative Series Finale
Page 1 2 

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Alternative Series Finale
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
tryiong living in a country that was like 6 months or more behind, and trying to stay away from spoilers, whilst at the same time, scrolling..lol

and that my friend is why the scrolls had to get seperate forums to chat in, instead of one big one..lol

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
Dito, Amethyst, dito... Try living in a country that also thinks that Xena and Herculas is crap shows and sends them in the middle of the night... Yes, they still do reruns! In the middle of the night, lik 3 or 4 in the morning... Roll Eyes

Ah yes. Topic. I am one of the few I think that season 6 was very good. Not the best season, but very good. Loved Ares in it. And I think it was a fitting ending. Nanzar said that FIN showed that Xena DID risk her life every day. I agree, it did. Both of them could have died in that fight. At least we got to see Gabrielle move on. I liked that. Smile

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

My LiveJournal: A look inside KSenas mind...

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Oh don't get me wrong. I loved Season 6! It's right up there with season 2 for me but I just hated to finale. I choose to deny it's existance. Okay, that might be a little extreme but you catch my meaning.

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i thought the death of Xena in any finale would be a cliche & anti-climatic, which to me, it was in FIN to the extreme. But like said elsewhere, why not a simplistic death (and none of that ghostbusters soul eating mumbo jumbo nonsense)? i'd rather have seen Xena die of a heart attack (ppl did die from them even back then) or be killed while saving the Japanese village that she & Gabby helped defend. No 2nd chance at returning to life. No need to- in my opinion- distort & take out-of-character (to the max) Evil Xena, as i believe they did. i didn't buy that back-story crap for one second, i think the writers forgot how to write Evil Xena. IMO i don't see her doing anything she (Evil Xena) did once she was on Japanese soil. i believe a correctly-written evil Xena would've had akemi doin as she ordered & by the time it was over, akemi would never have reached home, she instead would've been clutching at Xena's heals, a Xena who woulda snarled at akemi & left her for crab bait. IMO also, screw them stupid souls of the burned village, let 'em get eaten or unavenged or whatever, they deserved it. My vision & belief of who Xena is to me tells me she would've returned to life not just to save them idiot souls (with the help of Japenese deities) but to keep redeeming herself until she dies from a non-returnable death. i don't call what the writers did to her "bravery", i call it IMO a cowardly suicidal cop-out. But that's cuz of who Xena is to me- a hero always working for redemption. IMO

i'd also liked to have seen "Ides" without X&G floating off anywhere. Ok, maybe off to get some munchies cuz i bet they were starved.

i'd also liked to have seen (IMO) an alternative season 5 without pregnant Xena, the Herc writers, twilight of the gods storyline, Eve, the Bad News Bears amazon tribes, the return to Chin eps, that 25 yrs on ice storyline and the converting of Gabby to Xena Jr/assistant warrior princess. For me, i'd been happy with 5 seasons that were like seasons 1-3 (with more of Xena's past than before) and moving season 4 up to season 6 and end it with "Ides" (no floating away of X&G) and "Deja Vu".

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:
...a Xena who woulda snarled at akemi & left her for crab bait.

be still my foolish heart....

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of The Troll
posted Hide Post
Wow xc has some unhappy ghost possessed you? I've never seen you so verbal and comprehensible!

It's great to hear your views on this.

I have something to add about the symbolism of FIN. I also think it was a fantasy about making it up to the people of Japan for the atomic bomb. Some one here already mentioned the visuals were strikingly close to that of an atom bomb explosion. In the Xenaverse, TPTB had fun with history. They made clever connections with our own past. They tried to fix things or at least explain them. It may have been a stretch to believe that what Xena did to that village was anything near Hiroshima and Nagasaki, but I think it was intended to have that feel.

I never did get my own DVD set so, I can't review the exact death of Xena *cries crockadile tears* to find out if I agree with your assessment of it or not. I can only picture the arrows piercing that sorry excuse for armor, which I did feel was a kinda stupid way to go.

As for betrayals and poor choices on the part of the characters, I believe all the eps in all the seasons had merit as stories about human failings and redemption, which is the reason I loved the show.

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
Wow, Nanzar! Never thought about that! Will have to think about it a little more, before I replay... cooler

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
These are Statements I agree with:

"The whole thing was overblown, bombastic and emotionally empty. I didn't buy one freakin' frame of it." - the in-imitable Smirky... Smile

"I was not happy with FIN for the simple fact of that it was a stand alone episode. They were ending a whole series based on a story that no one was familiar with. It kept you at a distance and made it hard to take in everything and believe what was going on."

"There are so many things they could have done though and I don't think that they went with the best choice. " - ~Gabrielle~

"I don't think any episode could replace AFIN as the series finale, simply because they weren't written for that purpose, so there would always be some weak point." -ProfX

"Scrap FIN and do something with some actual heart and meaning."_Smirky

"i thought the death of Xena in any finale would be a cliche & anti-climatic, which to me, it was in FIN to the extreme.

i didn't buy that back-story crap for one second -the EXTREMELY Eloquent XC

Wow xc,...I've never seen you so verbal and comprehensible!
It's great to hear your views on this. -Nanzar

===========================================================

Im not gonna mention what I disagree with as its not in my truest nature to be disagreeable.(No,Honest! Big Grin )
Ok I admit I can be coaxed to drift REALLY far away from my truest nature, but who cant be..???

what might have been worser than FIN..... well..

1) 2 hours of static.... (you know off channel TV snow)

2) Havin TOTALLY Missed the finale & NOT knowin what happened.

3) 3 or 4 parter expanding greatly on Assinine FIN 'plot'(if you wanna call it that).

4) haing LL & ROC refuse to do it so that tey had to have some other stand-in actors try to make that rubbish endurable.

What might have been better:

1) Not killln Xena - Everyones been dead & back so many times its Anti-Climactic.

2}Realizing that if you cant do the show with the Low Ma character Scrap it & do something different.

a) Kill Gabby & have Xena deal with it.

-Have Xena go nutso & I dunno, "Kill ' em ALL !!" realise the wrongness of violence & swear off it & become a 'Preacher of Peace".

-Have Xena deal with it in some "I have Many Skills" unexpected way.
{HAY! My mommma didnt have me to do ALL your thinkin for ya}Wink

- let her just replace the 'irrritating blond' & move on.

- Have xena grow older wiser etc & start a kingdom to rule it wisely & justly.

3)let emboth die somehow & be reborn into different bodies & search each other out.(Ok its been done but it was a good idea)

4) let Xena be tried for her crimes as was suggested by Callisto & Najara (I think)

I may insert other ideas at a later date.I cant quote,think & type all at the same time. joxer
I have forgotten some ideas that I had while reading this.

I think FIN was a Small small ending for a Larger than Life Show.Almost any otherep would have been a better end.

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
Hey, Brucy! You actually had a really good idea there, even if it did smell a bit like Conan... Big Grin

a) Kill Gabby & have Xena deal with it.
- Have xena grow older wiser etc & start a kingdom to rule it wisely & justly.

Now that I would have killed to be seeing... Big Grin

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Drusilla:
Hey, Brucy! You actually had a really good idea there

RotF Laffin........ Big Grin
Its cute you are so surprised !
Stranger things have happened....!!!

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Prof. Lurker
posted Hide Post
quote:
anything near Hiroshima and Nagasaki, but I think it was intended to have that feel.
- the clue is the number of "souls": 40,000.

Posts: 571 | Location: Brasilia | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
Yeah, well... Sometimes you surprise even my, Brucy. Wink

Good point there, Prof X. Very good point... I should have figured it out myself... *headdesk* smash