Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  Xena    Who still watches Xena?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Who still watches Xena?
 Login/Join 
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted
What was the last episode of Xena you watched?

Under what circumstances eg. regularly watch one episode per week, Xena party, introducing a friend, etc.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Actually (funny you ask) I just watched Bitter Suite. I don't watch it often enough though. I guess maybe an ep. a month. I guess if I had time and friends to watch it with, I would be all over it.

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
Sins of the past, actually, since I started from the beginning today. So, now I will watch the entire thing. Tomorrow it is episode two... Big Grin

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

My LiveJournal: A look inside KSenas mind...

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Im watching my DVDs in order. Im into S2 now.
I took along break in watchin Xena so the eps could regain abit of freshness again & with my ailing Chronic Fatigue brain its worked pretty well.

I only watch when theres nothing else on & Im bored.Which makes XenaWP all the more special when I do see it.

I used to never rewatched stuff because I had a great memory & it would kinda bore me.
See, there are advantages to gettin old & becomin Senile that your momma never told ya about.

I dont think I have ever watched any ep more than 5 times yet.

Yay that! Because after the "Lord of the Rings Series of movies,everything else seems blah & pale by comparison.

Also after XenaWP all the rest of TV seems blah & pale by comparison.Im sure Im not alone in that predicament.

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Warrior Scroller
Picture of Discord Man
posted Hide Post
well, I watch at least 2 Xena eps a week, Im watchin th 10th Anniversery Collection and I just watched Fallen Angel.

------------------------

www.youtube.com/discordman

Posts: 305 | Location: Fort Smith AR | Registered: 09 July 2005Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i started watching in order from the dvds. Then i reached season 5...and summertime...and vacation. Currently i'm at the 2nd of the return to Chin eps, whatever it's name is. Once summer & vacation are over, i'll go back to watching an ep once a weekend. i know that my views on the show has changed since watching seasons 1-4 in order one ep every week. But that's for another thread, ain't it? heehee

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
I watched 2 eps just last night, cause i had been wanted to watch sacrifice 1 and 2 for ages and just never seem to get around to it.

But after watching it, it has made me want to watch the whole show through, ep for ep in order.

maybe 3 a week..

jess watched the furies, been there done that and dirty half dozen after we watched sacrifice.. in her room, she must have needed a xena fix Big Grin

But before that, the last time i watched xena was at the last aussie get together in sydney. Big Grin.. always fun to watch eps with other xenites.

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
I still watch it all the time. Sometimes I get the urge to put an episode on, or if there's nothing else on TV I like to watch.

I watched 'When Fates Collide' the other day. Smile

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
It's been awhile since I watched an ep. Before Oxygen took it off I watched it everyday. I'm buying the DVD sets-I have season 1 and just got season 2 and just watched Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. WXF Smile

Posts: 507 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
I watched One Against an Army last night. When Gabrielle went out to tell the spy to fight or take refuge, I was saying to the screen, "I wouldn't do that if I were you. It's not going to turn out well." Damn if she didn't listen to me and went and got her self shot with an arrow! Seems to me that's how she hurt her ankle. Put your listening ears on, Gabrielle!

My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Prof. Lurker
posted Hide Post
I'm watching the episodes in order (from "The Warrior Princess, actually). After each episode I try to understand what people say on those interviews / commentaries xena. Just watched "Forgiven".

Posts: 571 | Location: Brasilia | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
It just proves that one can never get enough Xena, whatever people say! Big Grin

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

My LiveJournal: A look inside KSenas mind...

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller
posted Hide Post
Oxygen Channel is firing up again August 28 here, announcement says Sins of The Past .... that will be the newest

Unfortunately, Series Finale was my last ... bad memories there

Circumstances? as often as XWP is aired and usually alone

Scroller Extraordinaire
Picture of BELGIAN WAFFLE
posted Hide Post
I still do as they started again from the very beginning.
Moreover I started watching all DVD's again as we will make a small film that we will use for the opening dance at our wedding in 2007.

So I'm still Xena-crazy!!

Fansite Lucy Lawless : http://www.lotolux.com
Filmlocations Xena New Zealand : http://www.loyaltoxena.com

Posts: 72 | Location: Belgium - Europe | Registered: 10 January 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
I had to make screen captures for another site last week so I sort of watched "Path of Vengeance" while I captured images. Kinda.
I haven't watched a full episode in a while. (Did we watch one in November at my house or just talk aboutdoing it but get sucked into an episode of Joan of Arcadia instead? Tam, Shawn, Arista- help- I can't remember!)
My parents -who have never really seen the show- have mentioned that they want to see one of Adrienne's episodes so maybe I'll show them a late season 5 the next time I visit. I'll need to do a lot of 'splainin' or get them some Cliffs Notes or something though. They're going to be lost. Smile

I imagine that when Oxygen starts airing it again I'll watch a bit. If I am home and channel surfing it'd be hard to resist stopping if it's on.

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Disciple
Picture of Brian
posted Hide Post
Last night I watched Adventures in the Sin Trade, Part 2.

Sometimes I'll take a break for a month or so, but then sometimes I watch an ep or part of one every day. I have home made VHS tapes, and the player is in my bedroom. Quite often I throw in a tape when I go to bed and watch for a bit. When my wife travels for work I watch a lot. When she's home, not so much.

Last fall after the hurricanes I went about 3 weeks without power. When the cable company called about restoring, I told them to stuff it. I haven't had cable since last October. Once in a while at my friends' house (who have satellite tv) I'll sit and surf through the 250 channels and realize I still don't miss tv. I watch a lot of movie dvds and Xena tapes. But mainly I read and do other stuff. Not so much time in front of the tv.

My tapes are wearing out though. I may need to buy the dvd collection.

Posts: 207 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Believe me I could live with out cable too. It is definately a luxury item for us. I enjoy being able to turn it on and watch cartoons any time of the day. I wouldn't miss is if it was gone though.

My Space

Scroller
posted Hide Post
I started rewatching the whole series from the beginning too (from the Hercules trilogy) since I got the DVD sets. Smile I watch one and sometimes two episodes every week, except when I'm really too busy for that.

I also watch the extras for each episode, even if I miss a lot of what is said there, because I'm not a native English speaker.

Now I'm watching season three, and today I finished Tsunami. I also saw the interviews for Vanishing Act, but will most probably see the episode itself next weekend.

There are some episodes that I know I'm going to skip like FIN that I have never seen and never will, Big Grin but besides this one I don't intend to skip many others.

So, I guess I can say I still watch Xena, yes. I guess it will be a long time before I'm done, actually. Big Grin

Scroller
Picture of Bambam
posted Hide Post
Haven`t even seen any of season 6 yet so that son my to do list. Just not sure i`m up for it yet?

Posts: 16 | Location: Black Country | Registered: 17 September 2005Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Its running at 1am & 2am on Oxygen network....
Thats 'prime time' for me .. Big Grin

Ive seen first 2 eps which ran last week

Edited to add:
thats ONLY wednesday nite thursday morning ...once a week

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Brucy Braless,

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller
posted Hide Post
I wish I could still watch Xena but I don't get O and I don't have the DVDs.

Okay, it's been bothering me! What were the lyrics to the theme song? You know..the "forged in the heat of battle" part? If anyone could help me out you would be my hero.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by katymarie:
Okay, it's been bothering me! What were the lyrics to the theme song? You know..the "forged in the heat of battle" part? If anyone could help me out you would be my hero.

Do you mean:
"In a time of ancient gods, warlords and kings,
A land in turmoil cried out for a hero.
She was Xena, a mighty Princess, forged in the heat of battle. The power, The passion, The danger. Her courage will change the world."

OOoooo i could be a hero now!

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroller
posted Hide Post
Ah! Thank you so much!! You are my hero now.

Scroller
posted Hide Post
I still watch the videos. I would like to get some Xena episodes on DVD.

Scroller
posted Hide Post
I've got to admit that I just recently started to watch Xena. I am originally from Germany and everytime Xena was on there I just thought: "What a BS!" and never watched it. My GF likes it a lot and finally made me watch it and now I just love it. We are on Disc 3 of Season 3, our next episode will be "The Debt"...so, that and everything else I have never seen...
I just noticed that I tend to become addicted to stuff that I refuse to watch in the beginning and where I used to think: "what a BS!". The same thing happend to me with Buffy and Angel and some other stuff... Roll Eyes

Posts: 5 | Location: US | Registered: 16 November 2005Report This Post