Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  Xena    What are they doing nowadays?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
What are they doing nowadays?
 Login/Join 
Ultimate Scroller
posted
What are Lucy, Renee, Ted, and all the others doing these days? Does anyone know?

Posts: 538 | Location: Santa Monica, CA | Registered: 28 July 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Okay, I'll start.

Off the top of my head...

Claire Stansfield (Alti) has made a very successful career change to clothing designer. Her high end tee shirts are EVERYWHERE including on many celebs and on Oprah's My Favorite Things list. You can buy them at many large dept stores or here http://www.candccalifornia.com

Melinda Clarke (Velasca) plays Julie on "The O.C."

Tim Omundson (Eli) plays brom Garret in the HBO series "Deadwood" AND he has a recurring role as Sean Potter on "Judging Amy" .

Kathryn Morris (Najara) stars in the series "Cold Case" http://www.cbs.com/primetime/fall_preview_2003/shows/cold_case.shtml

Ted Raimi(Joxer) was in Spiderman 2 (directed by brother Sam Raimi) and will, of course, appear in Sam's upcoming film "The Grudge".

Adrienne Wilkinson (Livia/Eve) is producing, doing theatre and voice work (She is the voice of Daphne in the "Scooby Doo 2:Monsters Unleashed" video game and will portray several characters in the new Everquest game).

Alex Tydings (Aphrodite) just had a baby girl a couple of months ago.

Hudson Leick (Callisto) is teaching yoga.

Next.....?

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Addict
Picture of Ditie
posted Hide Post
Renee O`Connor (Gab) & Bruce Campbell (Auto) are to star in a new Sci-Fi series for 2005 called `Alien Apocolypse`.
So I hear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Filthy..Gorgeous..Dirty..Nasty !!

Posts: 108 | Location: Shrops, England | Registered: 09 September 2004Report This Post
Scroller
posted Hide Post
"Alien Apocalypse" is just a regular movie, not a series. Smile It's set to air in January, and is for all intents and purposes a Xena reunion, with everyone but Lucy involved. It's directed by long-time XWP director Josh Becker, from a story he wrote with Rob Tapert many years ago. Bruce and Renee are the stars, Bruce is co-producer, Joseph LoDuca is doing the music, and Gary Jones is the 2nd unit director and SFX guru (he did 2nd unit on the first season of XWP, then directed several eps like "Intimate Stranger" and Giant Killer.")

Details at: http://www.geocities.com/xhlist/alien.apocalypse.html

Bruce has hit the big time in general, as best-selling author (his autobiography reached #17 on the NY Times Bestseller list, and he's writing a new book called "Make Love the Bruce Campbell Way) stage star (he starred in a stage version of "Shane" two summers ago) director (he's done several episodes of "VIP" and is now directing another made-for-Sci-Fi film called "Man w/ the Screaming Brain") tv guest star ("Charmed," "Beggars and Choosers" on Showtime) and movie star ("Bubba Ho-Tep," "Serving Sara," "The Majestic," and even a cameo in "Spider-Man 2") and writer/producer ("Screaming Brain.")

Lucy was a regular on "Tarzan," and did small parts in "EuroTrip" and the upcoming "Boogeyman" (which Michael-actor Charles Mesure is in too.) She's going to guest star in an ep of "Less Than Perfect." And she's supposedly got a series-development deal with The WB.

Karl Urban (Caesar, Cupid) has hit it big too, as Eomer in LotR, and bad guys in "Chronicles of Riddick," "Bourne Supremacy" and "Ghost Ship" as well as being named one of People's 50 Most Beautiful People a few years ago. Next up: the lead in "Doom," based on the video game.

Marton Csokas (Borias, Khrafstar) played bad guys in "Bourne Supremacy," "Timeline," "Kangaroo Jack" and "XxX," and will be appearing next year in a Ridley Scott-directed film, "Kingdom of Heaven." It appears to be set during the Crusades, and stars Orlando Bloom and Liam Neeson. Then he'll be in a WWII-era POW film called "The Great Raid," starring Benjamin Bratt, Joseph Fiennes, James Franco and Connie Nielsen, and then the Aeon Flux movie with Charlize Theron.

Danielle Cormack (Ephiny, the Chartreuse Fox, Raina) has been doing a lot of stage work at Auckland Theatre Co. (she's currently playing Caesonia in "Caligula") but has a bit in the Seth Green/Matthew Lillard comedy "Up the Creek" along with Liddy Holloway (Alcmene) and then will be in a made-for-cable action film called "Maiden Voyage," starring Casper Van Dien. Angela Dotchin (Soraya, Nautica, Emilia) will be in this one too.

Jennifer Sky (Amarise, Cleo) appeared in "Never Die Alone" with DMX and David Arquette, in an indie British thriller called "My Little Eye" (which is on HBO currently and quite good) and has done guest star roles on half the cop shows on tv: "Boomtown," two eps of "Fastlane," "Columbo," both the original "CSI" and its Miami version, "Dragnet," and "Charmed." And she will be in two films that look like they're made for cable (Lifetime or ABC Family, probably) - "Meet Market" with Julian McMahon and Elizabeth Berkley (and Robert Trebor!) and "The Third Wish " with Armande Assante. Plus she just got married to Calling lead singer Alex Band.

Gina Torres (Nebula, Hel) is working on "Serenity," the feature film-directing debut of Joss Whedon. She had a small role in both Matrix sequels with new hubby Laurence Fishburne, was a regular on "Firefly," had recurring roles on "Angel," "Alias" and "24," and guest starred on "CSI," "The Guardian," "Any Day Now," and "The Agency."

Michael Hurst directed and starred in "Macbeth" which is produced by the Auckland-based company he and his wife started, The Large Group. Prior to that, they did "Hamlet" (he again both starred and directed) plus he starred in "Goldie" at Auckland Theatre Co., and directed two tv-movies in the "Treasure Island Kids" series - "The Monster of Treasure Island" and "The Mystery of Treasure Island" - they star Nicko Vella (Mabon the Druid, the 2nd Solan.) I'm guessing these are for the equivalent of Disney in NZ.

Jay Laga'aia (Draco) played Mustafa in the Australian company of "The Lion King," and is reprising his role as Capt. Typho (Amidala's bodyguard) in the next "Star Wars" film.

Here are the first images of Ted in "The Grudge" - http://www.latinoreview.com/films_2004/sonypictures/thegrudge/thegrudge.html

Michelle Ang (Akemi) became a big star on "Neighbours" on Australian TV before leaving to go back to college. (Or "uni," I guess they would say!) Stephen Lovatt (the 2nd Hades, Phlanagus, Kirilus) is a regular on this one as well.

Peter McCauley (Talmadeus in "Greater Good") went on to star in "The Lost World."

Hudson Leick was in the first episode of "Tru Calling" this time last year.

Bobby Hosea (Marcus) played DC sniper John Muhammed in the tv movie about him earlier this year.

Robert Trebor is in a new tv movie called "Wedding Daze" with John Laroquette and Karen Valentine (I think this is on ABC Family.)

Shiri Appleby (Tara) was one of the stars of "Roswell," and just did a made-for-Sci-Fi film called "Darklight."

Amy Morrison (young Hope) became a star of a NZ series called "The Tribe," along with Michelle Ang and David Taylor (the first Solan.)

And last but not least..... Joy van Uden, the Asian Amazon Ria in "Kindred Spirits," is a cheerleader for the Vodaphone Warriors in NZ!

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
Pity i didn;t know the cheerleader thing a few wekes ago..

Will have to wait till next football season to look for *Ria* chceering on the Warriors (vodafone is just their sponsor, not part of their name).

And yeah we call it University here.

glad to see so many ppl are so busy

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller
posted Hide Post
Who was Velasca? Does anyone have a picture of her in costume so i can refresh my memory?

Posts: 9 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 July 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
Velasca was in 'The Quest' and 'A Necessary Evil'. She became a god so Xena freed Callisto from that place where Hercules left her trapped in 'Surprise' so she could fight her.

Not the best quality, but:

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller
posted Hide Post
thanks salem Smile
i don't know episode names or what happened in each series...but i do remember Velasca now Smile

Posts: 9 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 July 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Jennifer Sky also played a woman of ill repute on an episode of Law and Order.

Thanks for the informative list, Daring Dragoon! Smile

I love it whenever Gina Torres is in an episode of Alias. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller
posted Hide Post
Oh wow - Law and Order? Really? Huh. It's not listed in any of her credits. You don't happen to remember which show and which season, do you?

And here are a couple of links to photos of Joy van Uden:

http://www.warriors.co.nz/Images/Photo/DF0046421-CHEERLEADER_.jpg
http://www.warriors.co.nz/Images/Photo/DF0046422-CHEERLEADER_.jpg

http://www.warriors.co.nz/Images/Cheerleader/Joy.jpg

Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
OoooOOoooOOOOOooooooooooooooOOOooooo!!
fascinating Big Grin

Thanx ppl ^___^

Posts: 538 | Location: Santa Monica, CA | Registered: 28 July 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
William Gregory Lee (Virgil) appeared in the season finale of Nip/Tuck this week.

Scroller
posted Hide Post
Oh? The one with Alec Baldwin as the plactic surgeon? Who did WGL play?

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Resurrecting this thread to give some updates Smile

Lucy Lawless will star in the telemovie Locusts on CBS. It airs in the U.S. on Sunday April 24th.

For U.S. scrollers who have the Independent Film Channel (IFC) on your cable or satellite, Bruce Campbell will be a guest on Dinner for Five which begins airing on Friday April 15th.

Adrienne Wilkinson has a guest appearance on the new ABC series Eyes. The episode, titled "Wings", airs Wednesday April 13 after Alias.

And to answer a long ago question...
quote:
Originally posted by Daring Dragoon:
Oh? The one with Alec Baldwin as the plactic surgeon? Who did WGL play?

He played the TSA (airport security) agent who interacts with Ava at the very end of the episode. His hair is different- more blond.

Scroller
posted Hide Post
Ted Raimi appeared in an episode of "CSI: NY" last month, as a maker of bondage tools and "toys." And he's currently in Romania, shooting "Raptor Island 2: Raptor Planet" for the Sci-Fi Channel, directed by Gary Jones (who directed him in "Intimate Stranger.")

(And the netforum crowd is tearing their hair out, trying to figure out how these roles too were somehow given to him by his brother. evil )

Scroller
posted Hide Post
Gina Torres turned up on "Alias" again, and is tentatively in a series with "Sex and the City's" Kristin Davis called "Soccer Moms" - not sure if it's officially on the fall schedule or not.

Lisa Chappell (Dirce, Princess Melissa, Melissa Blake, Lydia) seems to have done an Australian cop show called "Stingers" last year.

Danielle Cormack (Ephiny, the Chartreuse Fox) and Cliff Curtis (Nessus, Nemis) finished shooting "The River Queen," a NZ history film that was plagued w/ production problems, including the director/writer getting fired.

Michael Hurst has continued to play Twanky on the stage, and is going to play an android in a NZ series called "Braddigan's Fantasia."

Campbell Cooley (Vargus in "Love Amazon Style") had a small role opposite Sir Anthony Hopkins in "The World's Fastest Indian" and then also did a role on one of the Powers Rangers shows (may have been voice only.) Virtually everyone who ever appeared on XWP/HTLJ has done voice work for them at some point. Wink

Charles Keating (Zeus # 4) is going to be in "Deuce Bigelow, European Gigolo!"

Jeremy Roberts (the villains in "Mercenary," "Be Devilled," "Paradise Found" and "Fistful of Dinars") has been in episodes of "Blind Justice" and "Monk," as well as an Xmas Toys R Us commercial playing one of the three wise men, a Capital One commercial as a barbarian snarling "What's in yer wallet?" and will be in "Herbie: Fully Loaded" this summer.

Bruce and Renee's film "Alien Apocalypse" was the highest rated film in Sci-Fi's history. Now they are looking to reteam everyone for another film, possibly Josh's "Cascade Effect," about an imperiled moon base. Sci-Fi is bragging on this film in particular in every press release and article (including a huge article in last Wednesday's USA Today) and plugging the upcoming "Man w/ the Screaming Brain" (with Bruce, Ted Raimi, and Tamara Gorski.)

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:

Jeremy Roberts (the villains in "Mercenary," "Be Devilled," "Paradise Found" and "Fistful of Dinars") has been in episodes of "Blind Justice" and "Monk," as well as an Xmas Toys R Us commercial playing one of the three wise men, a Capital One commercial as a barbarian snarling "What's in yer wallet?"

I KNEW that was him!

Thanks for the info DD

Also, I think I forgot to put in the last post I did, Adrienne Wilkinson will be joining ER next month. She has a guest starring role as Jessica, the love interest of Dr. Ray Barnett (Shane West). Look for her in the season finale titled "The Show Must Go On". It's scheduled to air in the U.S. on May 19th.

And if you are a gamer you can hear her as "Ruby" in Dead to Rights II, now available for PS2 and Xbox.

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daring Dragoon:

Gina Torres turned up on "Alias" again
Ooooo goody!! *claps hands*

I LOVE her in Alias. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller
posted Hide Post
I spotted Jeremy Roberts in a Twix commercial that's actually been airing for quite a while. Some slacker office worker has created a little doll version of his boss out of paper and tape and paper clips (or something) and has drawn a little cartoon face on it, complete with a little beard, and he's playing with it, doing the boss's voice, saying something like "I'm the big bad boss - now get back to work." Or something. Either way, the real boss is of course standing right behind him, looking big and mean, because, duh, it's Jeremy. Razz Not sure exactly how it relates to the candy bar - I'll have to watch closer next time - but it's on the air all the time.

Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
Yeah-I've seen that commercial! I thought that was him. I saw one of the xena cast in something recently but now I can't think who it was or in what! WXF Smile

Posts: 507 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Adrienne was on ER tonight. If you are on the west coast you can still catch it, otherwise you missed it. oops.

Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Charles Mesure - most memorable role was Archangel Micheal ...I'm sure there were more but my brain does not want to work right now.

He's been making a couple appearances on Stacked the new Pam Anderson show on FOX as Skylar's ex-boyfriend...don't ask me how I know I just do...alright it's right after American Idol and I get caught up in the story line...yeah that's it, story line...okay...it's really not that bad of a show and the obvious inuendos are obnoxiously cute.

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Scroller
posted Hide Post
Charles Mesure was also in an episode of "Lost" - he played Shannon's boyfriend in Australia. (She has worked w/ a number of Xena alums - actress Maggie Grace played Martha Moxley in "Murder in "Greenwich" - with Auckland filling in for Connecticut Razz - with Teresa Healy (the 2nd Celesta) Bruce Hopkins (many roles including Pilee's villager daddy) and Stephen Papps (the telescope guy in "Orphan of War.")

Victoria Pratt has done a couple of TV movies lately - "Murder at the Presidio" on USA and "Hush" last night on Lifetime.

Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Shinigami
posted Hide Post
I just saw Melinda Clarke on CSI:Crime Scene Investigation as Lady Heather ("Lady Heather's Box") last night, and she was awesome. I love her character on that!

I can't believe I didn't recognize Lilly as the same actress who played Najarra. I've been on a Xena hiatus for too damn long. Frown

Your Hidden Talent

You have the natural talent of rocking the boat, thwarting the system.
And while this may not seem big, it can be.
It's people like you who serve as the catalysts to major cultural changes.
You're just a bit behind the scenes, so no one really notices.

What's Your Hidden Talent?

http://www.blogthings.com/whatsyourhiddentalentquiz/

Posts: 474 | Registered: 20 September 2004Report This Post
Scroller
posted Hide Post
thanks for the heads-up on Alien Apocalypse - apparently I missed that one on my annual IMDB-search Smile

Well, if Bruce AND ROC are in it, it can't be bad Smile Now where is my Emule.......