Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  Xena    Your favorite Jaw Dropping Moments
Page 1 2 

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Your favorite Jaw Dropping Moments
 Login/Join 
Scroller
posted
Everyone has a favorite scene or scenes that still make your spine tingle. What's your favorite.

One of mine has to be when Alti shows Xena her death in the future (can't think of the name right now, Altered States, maybe? ). Xena has been seeking Gabrielle with the help of the Amazons and Alti wants to defeat Xena by showing her how she will die in the future. Next you see an eerie chilling scene of someone about to die. You didn't know it was Gabrielle until the camera spans up a female body about to be nailed to a cross. And slowly she turns her head and "OMG"!! there's Gabrielle with short hair, about to be nailed to a cross! All in errie blue light and slo-mo, seeing Gabrielle in the future, before her hair became short, made me drop my jaw in shock. What amazing cinematography! And I still get a chill down my spine every time I see that scene.

So many others too. Share your favorites. Smile

Posts: 4 | Location: NC | Registered: 24 February 2004Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
ADITL (my first entire ep)
all of The Bitter Suite

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller
Picture of Amazon Hippy
posted Hide Post
For it would have to be first seasons, 'Is there a doctor in the house?'

Where Xena is trying so hard to get Gabrielle to breathe, its just so emotional and i think its probably the first real moment in the first series you really see how much Gabrielle means to Xena.

I'm sure there are more, but I've only got the first season yet hehe!

~*~PEACE~*~LOVE~*~HAPPINESS~*~

Posts: 40 | Location: Australia! | Registered: 10 September 2004Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
For me I think it a tie between Xena trying to save Gab in Is There a Doctor In The House and The ending of Destiny. WXF Smile

Posts: 507 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
One of the moments that has made me gasp while watching Xena is when Gabrielle pulls Hope into the fiery Dahak pit with her, at the end of Sacrifice II.

The look she gives Xena just before she falls conveys her anguish perfectly.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
I have to agree with Argy.

Sacrifice 2 when she pulls Hope into the Pit.

It was very unexpected, since i hadn't read any spoilers... and i didn't know if she had died or what, and was like OH NO

hehe

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Every day I understand more and more why Ame and I are such great mates! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Ack! Add me on to the list of the Sacrifice 2 fans. I actually typed up my whole answer then went back and read the last two and realized that Ame and Argy had already said it.
And ditto for me on the shock of not knowing what was going to happen. I had no internet and did not even know what a "spoiler" was at that point and thought they were going to actually write Gabrielle out of the show or something. I was stunned.

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Well I guess that scene wins the prize. I remember watching it with my bro Mikey and him looking at me like I was supposed to know what was going on. I was just kinda numb. I just kept thinking, they have to bring her back. I even missed the line when Xena says something like - no more living for you - to Callisto.

Gabrielle's look was great, but this one still gets to me

Strange that this scene would come up. I was listening to SM's new CD this morning and everytime I hear Fallen it makes me think of this episode.

We all begin with good intent
Love was raw and young
We believed that we could change ourselves
The past could be undone
But we carry on our backs the burden
Time always reveals
The lonely light of morning
The wound that would not heal
It's the bitter taste of losing everything
That I have held so dear...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Shinigami
posted Hide Post
Oh man...I'm sure there are plenty of them, but the one that comes to mind right now is when Xena finds Solan dead in "Maternal Instincts".

Your Hidden Talent

You have the natural talent of rocking the boat, thwarting the system.
And while this may not seem big, it can be.
It's people like you who serve as the catalysts to major cultural changes.
You're just a bit behind the scenes, so no one really notices.

What's Your Hidden Talent?

http://www.blogthings.com/whatsyourhiddentalentquiz/

Posts: 474 | Registered: 20 September 2004Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
That would be the first episode I saw. The Debt I. When Borias, Xena and there men hunt over steppe for a bunch of Chinamen and kills them... That is my jaw dropping moment. So powerful...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KSena,

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

My LiveJournal: A look inside KSenas mind...

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Most jaw dropping- gotta agree about the end of "Sacrifice 2". Sure didn't see that coming. Even though i knew it was gonna happen, the chakram attack from Callisto to Xena & the breaking of the chakram in "Ides of March" was still powerful.

Most spine tingling- lotta scenes like the campfire scene in "Callisto"; the ending of "Maternal Instinct"; the last few scenes of "Xena Scrolls"- from Mel & Janis departing to who knows where through the clip of the beginning of the show placed at the end- that was clever. The end scene in "Forgiven" where Xena stands alone with the sun in the background, not going in the temple. Alti vs X&G battle in "Between the Lines". So many more.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
I'm jumping on the 'Sacrifice pt. II' bandwagon. You know what else did it for me? The way Xena looked when she found Gabrielle in 'A Family Affair'. Just...kinda choked me up a bit, her happiness was overwhelming, she had found her Gabrielle. Dunno, something about it. Smile

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
My second favourite jaw dropping moment would be the chakram breaking Xena's spine and the following Gabrampage in Ides of March.

My third would be Xena wailing over Solan in Motherhood.

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
Ohhh yes, Ides of march, chakram break.

Don;t forget Ephiny...... they coulda waited till the end of the ep.. but noooooooooooooo

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
A Family Affair. Ooof!

You know there are still times that I'm just amazed at how good they really were. It was the chemistry that made it. Some things were just too real.

The prison scene in When Fates Collide.

The laughs were good, the fights were cool, but the chemistry was captivating.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
Yeah I have to agree with the chakram breaking Xena's spine in IOM. Man the slow motion they put in that was awesome! WXF Smile

Posts: 507 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Legend
posted Hide Post
1) The final scene of A Friend in Need 2. I could NOT believe that it was ended like that. No bitterness here, but to me everything leading up to it pointed to a totally opposite ending.

2) IOM chakram spine-breaking throw. Wow. That was unbelievable.

3) The whole ep of The Bitter Suite.

If I hadn't read the entire spoiler for Looking Death in the Eye (the one where they go off the cliff in the wagon, right?), I would have totally put that one on my list, but my jaw was dropping when I was reading the spoiler.

FEAR THE SWINE

Posts: 144 | Location: NC | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
I'll second, looking death in the eye as well.

I don't know what was worse, Xena thinking Gabby was dead (and Eve) me thinking Xena poisoned herself OR how upset Ares was.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Has anyone mentioned "Motherhood's" Gab-chak yet?

Oh and speaking of the chakram, I always got a little chill when someone besides Xena caught her chakram unexpectedly (evil Callisto , Livia in Eve and Gabrielle in FIN).

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone I'm new here.

Jaw dropping:
1. Callisto catching the chakram the first time. Eek
2. The ending of "Destiny" Eek
3. Callisto breaking Xena's spine Eek
4. Hercules killing Zues for Xena's Eve. Eek
5. The ENTIRE last eppy. Mad

that's all (that I can think of) Wink

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
oohh yes, hercules killing zeus is a good one!

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
Okay, another jaw dropped at Sacrifice, but I won't go into that, as everyone has said anything I would've said.

Something that..well, I don't know if it can be classed as a jaw dropper, but when Callisto became a god. I never thought she would actually get to eat the ambrosia. I mean, I was hoping beyond all hope that she would, but usually when something like that is about to happen, the person stalls and takes too long and the oppurtinity is lost.

But Callisto quickly devoured it, and I couldn't believe it had actually happened Smile

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guru
Picture of mons
posted Hide Post
i have to admit my FAVORITE jump up and down in my sleeping shorts and put down my half eaten cookie jaw dropping moment is when xena hit gab with the chakram. oh, by far, my very favorite jaw dropping moment. i rewind and watch... rewind and watch. that part of the tape is well worn and i still jaw drop at it. Big Grin

i'll think of others.

mons

scrollers do it standing up...

Scroll Addict
Picture of Ditie
posted Hide Post
For me its...

When Callisto breaks Xena`s spine...sends shivers through me just thinking about it
*Brrrrr*
I think i was hopping up & down at that point shouting at the TV for all I was worth...
Nooooooo, get up, get up !!!
I couldn`t believe she didn`t have 1 last trick to escape the situation....I think this is probably the first time I saw Xena as being truely human & thus fallible.
This episode scarred me for week`s.
I was almost struck dumb.
Almost... Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Filthy..Gorgeous..Dirty..Nasty !!

Posts: 108 | Location: Shrops, England | Registered: 09 September 2004Report This Post