Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  Xena    Xena Ep Club

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Poll
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Xena Ep Club
 Login/Join 
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted

Question:
A Xena Episode Club. Kinda like a book club.
Would you like to do something like this? You wouldn't be bound to every episode and I would pick them out at random. Probably one a week that way it would give everyone time and everyone can post their "reports" when they are done. Nothing long and drawn out unless you want it to be. I would set up a form to fill out on your thoughts for each episode. Things like favorite quote, scene, subtext (optional), dislikes.

Okay, so let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Choices:
YES! Let's do this thang!
No Thank You!

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
Sounds fun. Smile I am on.

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

My LiveJournal: A look inside KSenas mind...

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
Count me in! WXF Smile

Posts: 507 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you guys like the idea. I'm really excited about it.

My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
We tried this a while back about 6 months or so after the show finished... i think we lasted about a month..lol

but i'm willing, i have all eps on dvd!

How do the eps get chosen and stuff? just curious, that was our biggest hassle cause not everyone agreed on the ep etc blah blah (you know how ppl can get)

personally i think, in orde of who agrees to do this

you, then moonie, then wxf then me, etc, and if it starts and anyone joins up late they get put on the end of the list.

thats just my opinion, you might have something else worked out in your head Big Grin

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
Sure, I'll be in on this.

Any excuse to watch Xena is fine by me Smile

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Warrior Scroller
Picture of Discord Man
posted Hide Post
yep im in too!

------------------------

www.youtube.com/discordman

Posts: 305 | Location: Fort Smith AR | Registered: 09 July 2005Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
Good idea, Hopeful. Lets just see what XenaFairy has in mind. Smile I see her as the leader of this game, so far. Wink

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a fun idea!

I especially like the thought of having a "form" to fill in, so I don't have to rack my brain for what comments to make.

I thought XenaFairy3 said she'd choose the episodes, but whatever. Any way they are chosen is fine by me. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of Rellik
posted Hide Post
this sounds like a good idea to get back into xena for me. ive got all the episodes that are itching for me to dust off.

Posts: 410 | Location: canada | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Big GrinYAY! I'm glad that so many of you are cool with this. To answer Ame's question, I will be picking them out almost completely at random. Great, good and not so good episodes. I would love to hear everyone's opinion on even the not so good episodes. This is not just fussing and fawning over each episode. This is your chance to rant too. YOU ARE NOT BOUND TO EVERY EPISODE. If you didn't feel like doing it one week come back to it later or not at all. What ever is easiest for you. Smile

And yes I am in the process of developing a form now so if any one has any ideas for it let me know. It will also include an area that you can run free with any comments you want to make about the episode. If you want you can leave it completely blank you can.

We can start at the beginning of the week and and there's no real due date. Just try not to let others influence your initial commentary.

Any questions, comments, complaints or suggestions?
I'm all ears! smash

My Space

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
I musta skipped the thing where you said you'd choose em, don't mind me, i'm dislexic like that Big Grin

and i too like the idea of the form to fill in, and am willing to do all eps, good or bad. One ep one person hates, could be another person's favourite.

Like i know that Salem loves married with fishsticks, and i know i hate, one against an army and when fates collide... going against the grain of the majority Big Grin

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
This can be pretty cool! I love the idea with a form to fill in. It will make it so much easier. Smile And I am up for whatever episode you will through my way. Big Grin

Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Okay so this is what I came up with for a form. Tell me what you think. If any one whould like add anything let me know. I will put the official post up Sunday night with the epsode.

One word: Give us one word to describe the the episode. Be creative.

Fave scene: pretty easy

Fav quote: same as above

Dislikes: still same as above

Subtext: If you see it there give your take on it.

Any extra commentary: You don't have to fill this out but if you have extra comments here's where to put them.

See? Pretty short and simple. But like I said if any one has any ideas to add anything, don't hesitate to post them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: XF3,

My Space

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
I'll do it.

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Disciple
Picture of Brian
posted Hide Post
I'll join the club.

I don't care who or how the ep is chosen... just tell me what to watch. let's Battle On.

Posts: 207 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Sweet! The more, the merrier!

My Space

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
I am still in. Smile Just tell me what to watch. Wink

Warrior Scroller
Picture of Discord Man
posted Hide Post
same goes here! Big Grin

------------------------

www.youtube.com/discordman

Posts: 305 | Location: Fort Smith AR | Registered: 09 July 2005Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Can we make the 'Subtext' part of the form optional?

Some people don't see any subtext in Xena and some prefer not to hunt it down like a dog.

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
ABSOLUTELY!....Purely optional...I am so not encouraging that one if you don't want to do it. The subtext option is only there if you choose to see it and want to look for it. I know there are some here that could care less about the subtext or like you said don't see it, so don't worry about it.Smile

My Space

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Ah yes, you did say that.

Sorry, I forgot. blush

~~~~~~~~~~