Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  Xena    Bad Xena Moments
Page 1 2 

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Bad Xena Moments
 Login/Join 
Dream Scroller
Picture of Rellik
posted
You know what I mean by a bad xena moment.. the ones that make you ashamed if friends who arent familiar with xena are watching it with you.

for example, today I never fully sat down and watched death in chains before. And before that, I never knew the chakram had so many uses! a chainsaw?! i swear i heard that sound effect as xena threw her chakram at a tree and it ripped right through it.

Sometimes things happen on xena that make me say to myself, okay, that *could happen* but this one was just bad.

Does anyone have any more examples?

Posts: 410 | Location: canada | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
Yeah in The Abyss where Xena cut down Redwood size trees with her sword! WXF Smile

Posts: 507 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
For me, just about any pregnant Xena moment there in mid-5th season.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Legend
posted Hide Post
You know, I love Xena's martial arts skills just as much as the rest of you, but in one earlier ep (sorry, I can't remember which) there is a shot of her off of & completely parallel to the floor, and she is supposed to be about to kick someone in the abdomen, while flying at him in this position.

That one just made me roll my eyes. lol

FEAR THE SWINE

Posts: 144 | Location: NC | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
The final shot in The bitter Suite where they are rolling around on the beach with the oh-so-carefully-arranged seaweed.

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
The really high backflips to get up a cliff..

a-la- coming home, when Ares is going mad

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Prof. Lurker
posted Hide Post
I had always some Little Problems with that girl's tiny body doing same stunts and kicks as Xena's Roll Eyes

And a shameful cringe with the Xena x Joxer wrestling match in Kindred Spirits

Posts: 571 | Location: Brasilia | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of Rellik
posted Hide Post
..hmm, i really did hate that moment in kindred spirits.

Posts: 410 | Location: canada | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Disciple
posted Hide Post
i always find sins of the past a little hard to take at first, but then i get into it and it's all good. anything with cheesy special effects kills me. like the swirly shapes in between the lines. anything with oh so not real special effects. the sounds i like, they make me laugh.

~b

edited because i remembered the name of the ep. go me.

Posts: 237 | Location: sodak | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller
posted Hide Post
The boat ep (where Gabby can't get off cuz she's on the doomed boat and then Xena jumps onto the boat anyways so they'll be together). Xena doing fiftay-gazillon backflips to land on the boat from the cliff. err... yeah. Roll Eyes

And the GJWHF episode.

Scroller
posted Hide Post
AND whenever Awes had his shirt on. I mean, come on! Like he should ever wear a shirt. What were TPTB smoking?

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bailey: anything with cheesy special effects kills me. like the swirly shapes in between the lines.

Oh, when the Lucky Charms shoot out from the mendhi??
Yeah, and don't forget that was closely followed by the glowing mendhi with the strategically placed glowing network logo mendhi... Wink

hee hee

Scroller
Picture of Solan_The_Warrior
posted Hide Post
Hey everyone I’m new to this forum... I think one of the "Bad Xena Moments" was in The Bitter Suite, when Xena wakes up in illusia, and that random white dog talks! (the scene when Callisto sings to Xena) I just thought that was hysterical!

Scroller
posted Hide Post
P.s. How on earth do I get my signature picture to show?!

Cya

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
when Xena wakes up in illusia, and that random white dog talks!

nothing is random in Illusia! Wink (heh--i actually like that scene...alot.)

to create your sig pic--at the top of the page, click on "GO," go to your profile, click on edit, and then in the appropriate box, type: [img]URL of your desired pic[/img]. piece of cake (or, if you prefer...lamington).

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Hi there, Solan. Smile

I've fixed your signature picture for you.

You might want to make it a bit smaller, as it's over 28K in size, and we have a limit of 20K for our sig pics.

Welcome to the Scrolls!

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller
posted Hide Post
Hey, thanx for the welcome... I have changed the size now so hopefully thats the right size ....

Cya

Scroll Guru
Picture of mons
posted Hide Post
I mostly feel the 'cringe' when watching those stunts you all spoke of like the parallel-to floor kicks, or the 200 foot jumps, or the stepping on all the swords at once and then jumping skyward with the thrust of all the baddies pushing her in such direction.... you know... those kinds of stunts.

i often cringe during some of the "soulmate" talks... sorry.

mons

scrollers do it standing up...

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
Suprised Mons didn't say Gabrielle... anything to do with Gabrielle..lol

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guru
Picture of mons
posted Hide Post
You're right. Well, i have't shared this, but lately, i've been going to a Psycho-therapist. No, you read that right... my therapist is psycho. And i went in and said i needed to "break the cycle of violence". She said in order to drop my blood pressure, i had to watch gabrielle light episodes, you know--act like she wasn't there. It would help. And really, ever since then, I can walk by short haired blonds without flinching a bit and yelling "KILL 'EM ALL!!"

I'm breaking the cycle of violence by not mentioning gabrielle as a cringe moment. Her greater than though attitude and the way she treats xena like some sort of animal sometimes doesn't bother me any more. I'm okay with the way she made xena doubt herself....*twitch*

*twitch*
mons

scrollers do it standing up...

Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
hm...joxer in a dress. i'm ashamed to say i find it funny Razz

--------------------------------------

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
When those two Xena fans in Soul Possession link arms and battle cry. I don't care if any of you people here do it, I cringe every time I see it >.<

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
one of my favorite passtimes while watching XWP is to randomly pause to see if i can catch ROC making bizarre and funny faces.

not exactly on topic, but apparently i needed to share that...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Addict
Picture of Ditie
posted Hide Post
I have a real problem with these 2 scenes.
Everytime I watch them I`m like
BONKERS
smash

Between the lines

When Xena is fighting while trying to save the woman form being burned alive she gets a sheet, wets it, wrings it dry & suddenly it`s set rigid & becomes a staff.

Destiny

When Xena is in the healers hut in a flashback she whips some Roman chap senceless with her lucious locks.

Absolutly Bonkers...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Filthy..Gorgeous..Dirty..Nasty !!

Posts: 108 | Location: Shrops, England | Registered: 09 September 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"In the name of Eli and all the powers in heaven I demand that they cut that line from the season 6 DVD set!"

Big Grin