Scrolls
Where are they now?

This topic can be found at:
https://bingoze.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/356604191/m/6801062741

28 May 2006, 12:32 PM
lila997
Where are they now?
Inspired by a commercial for a new Fall Fox show featuring a Xena cast alum (see below), I decided to start another of these threads.
Perhaps we can catch up with some of our old faves during the summer tv hiatus...

Saw Gina Torres in a commercial for the action/drama series Standoff. The series is set to air on Fox in the fall.

Sheeri Rappaport (Otere) keeps popping up in reruns of CSI as Mandy.

Xena stunt double Zoe Bell has just been cast in Quentin Tarrantino's new film Grind House and just completed work as stunt coordinator for a film titled Reflections starring Adrienne Wilkinson. Coincidentally, Zoe also doubled for Adrienne as Livia.
Adrienne has also completed a role in the film Lakeshore Drive.

Charles Mesure (Archangel Michael) has a recurring role in the series Crossing Jordan.

Anyone else?
29 May 2006, 02:55 AM
Argeaux
I love Gina Torres.

That's all I have to add.

~~~~~~~~~~

29 June 2006, 06:07 PM
Daring Dragoon
Michael Hurst is directing his lovely wife Jennifer (Boadicea, Zera, Voluptua on HTLJ) as Olivia in "Twelfth Night" at Auckland Theatre Co. - also in the cast are George Henare (Zarathustra on HTLJ) as Sir Toby Belch and Peter McCauley (Ajax, Odin, and the warlord who had the hots for Salmoneus on HTLJ, Talmadeus on XWP, Professor Challenger on "The Lost World") - not sure who he's playing, but my guess is Sir Andrew Aguecheek. Tandi Wright (Gab's niece Sara) is playing Viola, and Paolo Rotondo (Talus the doomed guy in "Death in Chains") is playing her twin Sebastian.

Danielle Cormack (Ephiny) will be starring in a one-woman play called "The Case of Katherine Mansfield" at the Herald Theatre in Auckland in August and September. And both she and Michael Hurst were in the series "Maddigan's Quest" which is covered in another thread.

Bruce Campbell is in pre-production for his big-screen-directing debut of a horror/comedy called "They Call Me Bruce." He also played the father of a blind rock-climber in the A&E movie "Touch the Top of the World" that aired all this past week, and he does a voice in an upcoming animated film "The Ant Bully."

Jennifer Sky (Amarise, Cleo) is taking a break from acting after her recent marriage to rocker Alex Band, and has started a successful fashion line called Vanitas of California with her sister and her hubby's sister.

Vicky Pratt (Cyane, Sarge on "Cleo") will star in a show called "Day Break" on ABC that will be the mid-winter replacement for "Lost" while it's on hiatus. It's sort of a cross between "Groundhog Day," "24," and the old movie "D.O.A." in which a detective has to repeat the same day until he solves a mystery.

Lisa Chappell (Dirce, Lydia, Princess Melissa on HTLJ) is concentrating on her singing career, and has an album out called "When Then Is Now." She's performing in NZ even as we speak!

Robert Trebor (Salmoneus) a few months ago was touring in "Driving Miss Daisy," playing the son (the role Dan Ayckroyd got nominated for an Oscar doing in the movie) - Charlotte Rae (who played the housemother on "Facts of Life") was playing Miss Daisy, and I believe Antonio Fargas (the original Huggy Bear) was playing the chauffeur.

Stuart Devenie (Gov. Croque on "Jack," Cernunnos and the villains in the Twanky episodes on HTLJ) is also doing a one-man play called "The Oil Factor" in early July, playing NZ entrepreneur Joseph Hatch.

Campbell Cooley (Vargas in "Love Amazon Style" on HTLJ, the guy Gab drooled on in "In Sickness..." ) had a recurring role on Shortland St. as the mysterious nurse Liam who had kidnapped the autistic sister of the main hero, and has also done several voices for villains on "Power Rangers." He's getting ready to direct his first indie short film.

Alexandra Tydings (Aphrodite) is teaching yoga in the greater DC area, and just had a baby girl last month!

Karl Urban (Caesar, Cupid) starred in "Doom" last fall, and is playing Woodrow Call (the Tommy Lee Jones role) in "Commanche Moon," a mini-series prequel to "Lonesome Dove" which will air this fall.

Tony Todd (Cecrops on XWP, Gilgamesh and Gladius on HTLJ) does a new direct-to-dvd horror movie every couple of months, plus starred (and majorly over-acted) in "Minotaur" on Sci-Fi a few months back, plus guested in some Stargate: Atlantis eps this past season.

Marton Csokas (Borias) was in "Aeon Flux" last winter, and is currently filming a movie called "Romulus My Father" with Eric Bana and Franka Potente, his co-star in "Bourne Supremacy."

Ted Raimi has been in a number of independent films, and will star in an upcoming episode of Showtime's "Masters of Horror" directed by Tobe Hooper.

There's been a lot of hints dropped that Kimberley Davies (the 3rd Nemesis on HTLJ) will turn up in season 3 of "Lost." (Her character, the stewardess Cindy, mysteriously disappeared this past year, and the people who kidnapped her have now captured the three leads too, so unless they killed her, we'll see her again.)

Cory Everson (Atalanta) turned up on "Charmed" this year as a Hulked-out version of Paige.

Jacinda Barrett (Medea) was in the remake of "The Poseidon Adventure" last month.

Catherine Bell (the lady from "Lady and the Dragon" on HTLJ) starred in the series JAG for many years, and then starred in "The Triangle" mini-series on Sci-Fi last winter.

Lucy Liu (Oi-lan in "March to Freedom") will star in the Ren Pics (well, it's called Ghost House Pics now) film "Rise" with Carla Gugino and Michael Chiklis.

Hudson Leick (Callisto) is also teaching yoga these days, but was in an ep of C.S.I. and also a made-for-Sci-Fi film called "A. I. Assault" last month.

Tawny Kitaen (Deianiera) and Alexis Arquette (Caligula) were both in the most recent "Surreal Life" on VH1.

Selma Blair (the original Cyane) continues to do a ton of movies, including the upcoming "Hellboy" sequel, and the recent remake of "The Fog."

Musetta Vander (Athena's "favorite" Ilianis) was the star of the recent "Mansquito" on Sci-Fi, and will next be seen along with Ted Raimi in "Raptor Island 2: Raptor Planet," directed by veteran XWP director Gary Jones.

Gary Jones also has a movie on Sci-Fi this coming weekend: "Jolly Roger: Massacre at Cutter's Cove" - it was a direct-to-video slasher film, that in the commercials notes "It's rated Arrrrrrrr!" Big Grin

Melinda Clarke (Velasca) continues to star in "The O.C." as well as occasionally turn up as her recurring dominatrix character on "C.S.I."

Producers Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman worked on "Alias" for a few seasons, then made the move to the big screen, and have done the screenplays for "The Island," "The Legend of Zorro," the most recent Mission Impossible movie, the upcoming Transformers movie, and they're supposedly also going to to the script for the next big screen Star Trek film.

Writers Adam Armus and Nora Kay Foster worked on "The Practice" for a few seasons, and more recently have written on "Kevin Hill," "Boston Legal," "Night Stalker," plus screenplays for the TV movies "Icon" and "Mysterious Island."

Josh Becker's success with "Alien Apocalypse" got him both another directing gig for Sci-Fi (which he is filming even as we speak: "Stan Lee's Harpies," starring one of the Baldwin brothers that's not Alec) and a book deal: his "Complete Guide to Low Budget Feature Filmaking" is in bookstores now and reportedly doing very well, and a follow-up is in the works.

Marie Matiko (Lao Ma's twin daughters) was in the recent "Date Movie" as Alyson Hannigan's stepsister.

Shiri Appleby (Tara) has been in a ton of indie films as well as the made-for-Sci-Fi film "Darklight."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Daring Dragoon,
02 July 2006, 10:43 AM
Argeaux
Man you two know some fascinating stuff!

Many thanks. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~

03 July 2006, 10:14 AM
Arista
quote:
Alexandra Tydings (Aphrodite) is teaching yoga in the greater DC area, and just had a baby girl last month!

Well, isn't that interesting. They all come home eventually.
Rock and Roll Yoga
03 July 2006, 12:21 PM
lila997
Now THAT looks like a fun yoga class!
06 July 2006, 06:24 AM
Argeaux
I wonder how many Aphrodite groupies take the class and bug her for autographs afterward? Roll Eyes

~~~~~~~~~~

10 July 2006, 12:52 PM
TiggsWP
quote:
Charles Mesure (Archangel Michael) has a recurring role in the series Crossing Jordan.

Ok, so this is too funny. I read this post the other day, and was like "really? I watch that sometimes, I don't remember seeing him. Well, then I forgot about it completly. Until last night. I turned on the show, and there was this guy who looked kinda familiar, but I couldn't figure out why. I stared at him for a couple of seconds and I was like "OH MY GOD!!! I KNOW HIM!!! THAT'S MICHAEL!" I'm not sure I would have realized who he was without this post though. So thank you, all of you, for keeping us up to date!
10 July 2006, 06:49 PM
lila997
quote:
Originally posted by Argeaux:
I wonder how many Aphrodite groupies take the class and bug her for autographs afterward? Roll Eyes

lol, hadn't thought of that. How annoying.
I've searched high and low and I can't find a Rock and Roll Yoga class within 30 miles of my house. Oh well.

On another note, there is a new show on the cable network The N. it's called Whistler and it's a young adult drama with a trippy Twin peaks-ish edge. The series premiere was directed by someone named John Fawcett. I wonder if this is the John Fawcett of Xena directorhood? Anyone know?
11 July 2006, 02:27 PM
Prof. Lurker
Whistler ins't credited under his profile on imdb but I think it's him, most likely - he directed episodes for a number of shows from La Femme Nikita to Mutant X.
21 July 2006, 11:19 PM
zoom
Tim whats-his-name Eli is on the new USA show Psyche. his character is almost as annoying as Eli....

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'