Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  Xena    Xena 10th Anniversary DVD Collection

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Xena 10th Anniversary DVD Collection
 Login/Join 
Ultimate Scroller
posted
Does anyone have their copy yet? You can get it here: http://www.anchorbayentertainment.com/index.asp?p=Multi...U=DV12875&PriCatID=7

WXF Smile

Posts: 507 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Warrior Scroller
Picture of Discord Man
posted Hide Post
I just ordered mine yesterday. 39.95 at legendary heroes.Smile

------------------------

www.youtube.com/discordman

Posts: 305 | Location: Fort Smith AR | Registered: 09 July 2005Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
I plan to get mine too! I'll check out where you got yours! WXF Smile

Posts: 507 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Got it.
Argy and Ares are on it.

I think I need to start an Official Fan Club for those two.

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
questions for cuz lila & all them who have this collection-

So...are the extras worth the price?

Are the commentaries the same as with the Xena ep dvd sets?

Is the "Double Dare" feature on this set also on the "Double Dare" dvd?

thanks!

btw at deepdiscountdvd, this goes for $35.99 with free shipping.

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=ABD012875

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:
questions for cuz lila & all them who have this collection-

So...are the extras worth the price?

Are the commentaries the same as with the Xena ep dvd sets?

Is the "Double Dare" feature on this set also on the "Double Dare" dvd?

thanks!

btw at deepdiscountdvd, this goes for $35.99 with free shipping.

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=ABD012875

I'm loving the extras and to me, they've been worth the price of the box set. There's at least a disc and a half of specials in addition to audio commentary and cast interviews. There is a really good, lengthy featurette on the Mythology of Aphrodite that includes brand new stuff from Alex Tydings (though that is not her name anymore!) and some professors of classical studies that surprisingly well versed in the Xenaverse. Also, the behind the scenes FIN stuff is quite good as is a featurette about the life of Xena extras (w/ Bruce Campbell).

Although I own them, I honestly have not watched enough of the previous seasons eps with commentary to know if it's exactly the same stuff. I can tell you that the interviews with cast and crew that previously did the season dvds (Lucy, Renee, Rob, Adrienne) were taken from the same sessions (same wardrobe and sets). Perhaps some of the questions are the same but some may be ones not previously used. HOWEVER, I think there are additional cast interviews included in the 10th Anniversary Set that were not (from what I recall) in the season sets. Example: Josephine Davis (Artemis)

The Double Dare featurette is not the documentary - although it references and uses minor clips from it. It's a new interview with Zoe Bell and is more focused on her Xena experience etc. So far it's my favorite extra. Really interesting stuff!

I have not watched the rest of the extras yet but it seems to include a lot of new material.

Hope that helps you decide!

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Thanks, cuz lila, that did help me decide i'm going to get a copy. i was so impressed by Zoe in "Double Dare", that new interview did the trick gettin me hooked here. I think Zoe would make a good actress on her own, let alone a stunt woman.

Then there's the dite segment- i know i gotta love that. Smile Glad to hear the extras are worth it.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Warrior Scroller
Picture of Discord Man
posted Hide Post
My favorite are the menus in this one. I also like the extra documentary.

------------------------

www.youtube.com/discordman

Posts: 305 | Location: Fort Smith AR | Registered: 09 July 2005Report This Post