Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  Xena    Chakram

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Chakram
 Login/Join 
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted
Okay...you know you've thought of it. You are sitting there listening to someone ramble on through their own stupidity while all the while you think of how lovely it would be to take them out and how you would love to do it with a chakram. Here's to you! Big Grin

That trusty little form!

Oh yeah....Happy Watching! Smile

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
One word/ Catch phrase: Intriguing.

I always like Xena backstory when it's done well. It was interesting to learn the origin of Xena's original chakram. The story was also sent spinning off in a new direction when she forged the two chakrams together, which was entertaining.

Fave scene: Ares talking to Xena while she was having a bath was amusing. Smile I also liked how disgusted Amarice was when she realised that Xena couldn't fight, and Gabrielle was actually a more than capable warrior. Her world was turned upside down! Big Grin

Fav quote: (Ares to Kel) "So ... STOP it!"

Dislikes: I'm not sure that the sub-plot of Joxer telling Gabrielle that he loves her really added much. I'm a Joxer fan, but this could have been brought out in "Animal Attraction" much more naturally than here.

Picture it!: When Xena first splits the new chakram in two, throws it and catches it again, the look on her face is priceless!

Any extra commentary: I really like the early Season 5 episodes when Xena and Gabrielle have extra companions with them. Gives the piece a "family" feel.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
One word/ Catch phrase: I like Argy enjoyed seeing the history of where the chakram came from. I knew Ares gave it to Xena but I never knew where he got it.
Fave scene: I like the bath scene too especially when Gab walked in and caught Ares!
Fav quote: When Xena said "You could just kiss the girl"
Dislikes: The love sick Joxer!
Picture it!: Yeah I like the scene of Xena joining the 2 chakrams and the look on Ares face when she did it. Also in that same scene when she throws the chakram & Gab says to her welcome back!
Subtext: When Xena is "praying" on the balcony and asking if she's doing the right thing & for a sign to be sent & Gab walks up. Also the scene when Gab tells Eli she will do whatever she has to protect Xena.
Any extra commentary: I like episodes wherwe they explain the history of something-like the chakram and I like it that in season 5 they allow Gab's fighting skills to be more perfected.
WXF Smile

Posts: 507 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
One word/ Catch phrase: Who am I?

Fave scene: The merging of the light and dark chakram at that yin yang chakram altar thing. Voila! New chakram! Very cool. I remember cheering out loud the first time I saw the episode.

Fav quote: "Boo!" Xena to Amarice

Dislikes: Surprisingly Amarice annoyed me less than usual. Joxer annoyed me more than usual.

Picture it!:

Any extra commentary: I think this is the first episode where we get to see Gabrielle's new season 5 necklace. Also, Xena goes shopping...weird.

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
One word/ Catch phrase:
Peace out man!

Fave scene:
When I first saw Xena in her little hippie outfit.

Fav quote:
X: "Some of my memories-- are a little fuzzy, but-- my death? Come on."

G: "Xena-- it's not your memory. It's-it's like you've lost your-- "

Ama: "-- fire and-- edge."

Jox: "Marbles."

Dislikes:
I kinda got irratated with Kal's little bitch fest but it I guess it worked out in the end.

Picture it!:
The look on Xena's face when the new chakram comes back to her.
The look on Gabby's face when Xena tells Ares she's back with a vengence.

Subtext:
I didn't see any heavy subtext. Just Gabby doing what ever it takes to get the old Xena back.

Any extra commentary:
It's kinda neat getting a differant perspective and playing the what if game. It makes you realize the need for the light and dark personalities.

My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
I have to agree with the whole Joxer love plot thing....it just made me as uncomfortable as it looked like he was.

My Space