Scrolls
I could have a problem here.

This topic can be found at:
https://bingoze.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/356604191/m/7541036921

31 January 2006, 12:35 AM
TiggsWP
I could have a problem here.
Has anyone tried to watch Xena DVD's in your PS2?
if so did u have trouble with season 6? Cause I put mine in the other day and it wouldn't play. Anybody know if it's the DVD's or the PS2?

I'd appreciate everyone's two cents.

Thanks

Tiggs
31 January 2006, 01:06 PM
wolfe
Slim or regular PS2?

I know the slim PS2 has a slightly higher tendancy to freeze up/skip than the regular PS2.

Life's too short to smoke cheap cigars and drink bad wine.
31 January 2006, 07:32 PM
Ripley
I don't know, of course, how long you've had your PS2 but I recently had to take the cover off of mine and clean the lazer eye before I could even get a game to play...Works like a charm tho
01 February 2006, 12:50 AM
TiggsWP
It's a regular PS2. How do I take the cover off and clean it? I've had it for a while and my suspicion is it's pretty dusty inside. Thanks for the help guys.
01 February 2006, 08:39 AM
Discord Man
Same thing happened to me, Sadly, I had to get a new PS2 because the laser went out. It starts with just One or two DvDs not working. The all stop. So your best bet would be to get a slim line. Wink

------------------------

www.youtube.com/discordman
01 February 2006, 12:10 PM
wolfe
quote:
Originally posted by TiggsWP:
It's a regular PS2. How do I take the cover off and clean it?

You should be able to do a google search and get a million tutorials. Especially if you have an older PS2, because those are the easiest to mod and therefor have the most mod tutorials on them. Just keep in mind, it'll void whatever may be left of the warranty.

Life's too short to smoke cheap cigars and drink bad wine.
03 February 2006, 04:41 PM
Ripley
http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/messa...2&message.id=1291208

Try this link, this is where I found help for my machine and that is right, opening it voids the warranty but if it didn't work I was going to get a new one any way so......You'll find 2 links below the pic of tape on the cd....he includes a pic by pic tutorial as to how to clean the lens
11 February 2006, 07:36 PM
TiggsWP
Thanks to everybody who helped. I took it apart cleaned it, and now it works great. Plus I learned how my little machine works.

Thanks agian!!!

Tiggs
12 February 2006, 10:30 AM
Argeaux
I love a happy ending.

~~~~~~~~~~

12 February 2006, 11:32 PM
TiggsWP
Me too!!! Big Grin

Oh, and a helpful hint to anyone who tries this. It works really well if u detatch the power buttons from the top part of the PS2 casing. Makes it easier to manipulate things, and less likely to tear the ribbon cable which supplies power to the machine.