Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  Xena    I could have a problem here.

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
I could have a problem here.
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guru
Picture of TiggsWP
posted
Has anyone tried to watch Xena DVD's in your PS2?
if so did u have trouble with season 6? Cause I put mine in the other day and it wouldn't play. Anybody know if it's the DVD's or the PS2?

I'd appreciate everyone's two cents.

Thanks

Tiggs

Scroller Extraordinaire
Picture of wolfe
posted Hide Post
Slim or regular PS2?

I know the slim PS2 has a slightly higher tendancy to freeze up/skip than the regular PS2.

Life's too short to smoke cheap cigars and drink bad wine.

Posts: 51 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: 06 December 2005Report This Post
Scroller Extraordinaire
posted Hide Post
I don't know, of course, how long you've had your PS2 but I recently had to take the cover off of mine and clean the lazer eye before I could even get a game to play...Works like a charm tho

Scroll Guru
Picture of TiggsWP
posted Hide Post
It's a regular PS2. How do I take the cover off and clean it? I've had it for a while and my suspicion is it's pretty dusty inside. Thanks for the help guys.

Warrior Scroller
Picture of Discord Man
posted Hide Post
Same thing happened to me, Sadly, I had to get a new PS2 because the laser went out. It starts with just One or two DvDs not working. The all stop. So your best bet would be to get a slim line. Wink

------------------------

www.youtube.com/discordman

Posts: 305 | Location: Fort Smith AR | Registered: 09 July 2005Report This Post
Scroller Extraordinaire
Picture of wolfe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TiggsWP:
It's a regular PS2. How do I take the cover off and clean it?

You should be able to do a google search and get a million tutorials. Especially if you have an older PS2, because those are the easiest to mod and therefor have the most mod tutorials on them. Just keep in mind, it'll void whatever may be left of the warranty.

Life's too short to smoke cheap cigars and drink bad wine.

Posts: 51 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: 06 December 2005Report This Post
Scroller Extraordinaire
posted Hide Post
http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/messa...2&message.id=1291208

Try this link, this is where I found help for my machine and that is right, opening it voids the warranty but if it didn't work I was going to get a new one any way so......You'll find 2 links below the pic of tape on the cd....he includes a pic by pic tutorial as to how to clean the lens

Scroll Guru
Picture of TiggsWP
posted Hide Post
Thanks to everybody who helped. I took it apart cleaned it, and now it works great. Plus I learned how my little machine works.

Thanks agian!!!

Tiggs

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I love a happy ending.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guru
Picture of TiggsWP
posted Hide Post
Me too!!! Big Grin

Oh, and a helpful hint to anyone who tries this. It works really well if u detatch the power buttons from the top part of the PS2 casing. Makes it easier to manipulate things, and less likely to tear the ribbon cable which supplies power to the machine.