Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  Xena    Locusts!

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Locusts!
 Login/Join 
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted
oh my. that was fun, if not for the reasons the makers hoped. predictable, but fairly well done for a CBS movie, i guess. i don't usually watch CBS movies (which was reinforced by the commercials for the upcoming retarded Rosie O'Dennell movie...)

these are some questions i asked myself while watching:

why was LL's character married to a gay guy?

do we really have an Undersecreatary of Argriculture in charge of Voracious Insects?

do they drive around like storm chasers looking for voracious bug clouds and Citrus Festivals in dangerously close proximity?

did other Xenites think "gather all the mirrors in the village!" when they figured out the locusts like reflective surfaces?

all in all, great fun. even moreso i imagine had i been watching it with other XWP-heads...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
It was kinda slow in the beginning for me but I did like it a lot. Made me realize how much I missed Lucy on the screen. When they were in the barn in Indiana my girlfriend yelled out "poison the grain!"...I was laughing hysterically...more later...gotta go face reality and go to work....blech!

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
I thought it was funny when they were in the helicopter and she grabbed that tool threatening to break the I guess it was hydraulic lines anyway she told the general-I'm pregnant, hormonal, and you don't want to mess with this mother"! I thought there's my Xena! WXF Smile

Posts: 507 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by action lesbian:

these are some questions i asked myself while watching:

why was LL's character married to a gay guy?

lila997:I think she had some Perdicus-envy. (Perdienvy?)

do we really have an Undersecreatary of Argriculture in charge of Voracious Insects?

I think they are on the same payroll as the Deputy Lieutenant of the Fashion Police in charge of No Stripes with Plaids

do they drive around like storm chasers looking for voracious bug clouds and Citrus Festivals in dangerously close proximity?

I have no witty answer to this one but I just need to point out that zoomhas used capital letters in the last 2 questions and I fear that the world may be ending.

did other Xenites think "gather all the mirrors in the village!" when they figured out the locusts like reflective surfaces?

Totally.Thank the gods I was not alone on this one!

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lila997:
I think she had some Perdicus-envy. (Perdienvy?)

damn that made me laugh. know that the term has been irretrievably embedded in my vocabulary and will be used again in its proper time & place.

quote:
Totally.Thank the gods I was not alone on this one!

i knew it!

and rest assured...as long as my usage of capitals remains as random as it is in those two questions, the world is safe.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
I was beginning to wonder if Iwastheonly one who watched this...
I made my comments in the other thread.
But I can add this.

I think this is a much more mature part than Xena was..
That kinda surprised me when I realised it.
I hadnt really thought of Xena as an outta control 20something before..LOL

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
Perdienvy?? LOL WXF Smile

Posts: 507 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post