Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  Xena    Xena: 20th Anniversary!!!
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Xena: 20th Anniversary!!!
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Deja Vu All Over Again"

What i liked about the ep:

Long ago we had Mel (Lucy) & Janis (Renee) who were descendants of Xena & Gabrielle. Mel, however, actually became Xena for awhile. Not sure why that was when Gabrielle & Joxer's descendants did not transform into them.

In this ep, Harry, Mattie & Annie are future live representatives of Xena, Gabrielle and Joxer. Once again, Xena comes thru her rep- Harry- tho the others- once again- do not. Well, they do get their memories from the past life personas but they don't act them out in the same way Harry does as Xena.

Now Ares refers to the time in 1940 when Xena (Mel) locked him in the cave by the explosion. By the time this ep takes place, Mel & Janis- if alive- would probably be in their late late '80s or early '90s. i assumne Mel is no longer alive which is why Ares appears to Harry/Xena.

i like the past lives/descendants stories cuz they can be fun and don't have to stick to a lotta rules. Even tho in The Xena Scrolls we see Xena using the old chakram. Personally i don't accept seasons 5 & 6 as official canon for reasons i'll go into later. So the old chakram's fate has really yet to be told.

Seasons 5 & 6 would have been more fun as future lives thru the ages IMO. Not necessarily by way of the India arc. What a lotta great stories someone could have come up with having X&G appear in historical & non-historical situations.

oh well

more later...

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Deja Vu All Over Again"

i think the ep would have been better with fewer clips and less silliness. i'll bet given the premise that other writers would have come up with something more meaty.

i did like near final clip tho where Renee has the voice-over: "Xena-- life is eternal. It has no beginning and no end. The loving friends we meet on our journey-- return to us-- time after time. We never die-- because we were never really born"

It may be corny & overly-sentimental but i like that. It kind of sums up the show in many ways.
This ep wouldn't have been a bad way to end the series either if it were written a little stronger and maybe not ended with Annie/Joxer but a better second ending.

more later...

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Special xc Xena watchin announcement-

i am gonna wait til after Thanksgiving to resume Xena watchin. So anyone readin these posts will have to wait for that.

But- in de meantime- i gotta tally up my S4 scores and post them. Plus i wanna post my reason for why i believe S5 & S6 are no official Xena canon.

So hopefully i get all that done by late November.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Deja Vu All Over Again"

Not much more to write about this ep. i liked Renee as a brunette. She should have kept the wig and let her hair grow long again as a brunette.

Never understood Ted as Xena vigilante. How did ppl not know he was a guy dressed as Xena? That had to be obvious.

This ep is also sad because i consider it the end if the series where official canon is concerned (more on that later). When the show first aired there was the anxious anticipation before another season of Xena but of course little did i know the show had officially jumped the shark and been ruined by Crapert's refusal to wait til his wife had her baby to resume filming. Pregnant Xena = stagnant Xena.
Well, there'll be time to criticize later but the sun was definitely sinking on the series with the end of this ep. Often i quit watching the dvds at this point but i said i'd continue and continue i shall.

i still gotta do S4 scores & then my li'l essay on why the canon thing so til then...

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i'm gonna wait til 2017 to resume Xena watching.

Hopefully get the S4 scores up in December.