Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  Xena    Zoe Bell (Lawless/ Xena stuntwoman) news

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Zoe Bell (Lawless/ Xena stuntwoman) news
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted
from IMDb:

Bell recruited for first lead role

2007-08-16 1:33am EDT COLOGNE, Germany -- Stuntwoman-turned-actress Zoe Bell, who played herself in Quentin Tarantino's Death Proof, has signed on to star in an untitled action adventure from Marco Weber's Senator Entertainment.

Bell will play a U.S. soldier adrift after returning home from a tour of duty in Iraq who decides to help a young girl in trouble. The project is based on an original idea from Weber, who also will produce, and screenwriter Sarah Thorp (Twisted).

"This film is a big challenge for me, especially the American accent, which I have to work on," New Zealand native Bell said in an interview. "But one thing is certain: I will be doing all my own stunts on the film."

Weber, whose Senator Entertainment recently completed production on the Julia Roberts starrer Fireflies in the Garden, cast Bell after seeing her in Death Proof. Senator's Berlin-based distribution arm picked up the film for release in Germany.

"When I saw Zoe in 'Death Proof, ' I was immediately drawn to her ability and acting talent," Weber said.

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Warrior Scroller
Picture of Discord Man
posted Hide Post
Thats great she is starting to take off as an actress now...

I still remember her In Double Dare Big Grin

------------------------

www.youtube.com/discordman

Posts: 305 | Location: Fort Smith AR | Registered: 09 July 2005Report This Post
Scroll Disciple
Picture of Brian
posted Hide Post
My heart always warms to hear about Xena alumni moving on and doing well, especially those that garnered a step up early in their careers.

I must confess I've never seen DoubleDare or DeathProof, so I have no idea on Zoe's skills as an actress. I hope all goes well for her.

Posts: 207 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Double Dare is worth seeking out, if ya haven't seen it yet. i hear Death Proof will be released in the fall on dvd but seperate from the other half of Grindhouse, namely Planet Terror. That sucks, they should release them togather with all the bonuses. Hey, maybe Zoe could play Xena in a movie since whats-her-name is too busy singin and dancin or whatever.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post