Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  Xena    Wow...This blows

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Wow...This blows
 Login/Join 
Warrior Scroller
Picture of Discord Man
posted
http://u.webring.com/hub?ring=xenaring

I got a thumbs down....I am going to redo my site look and figure out whats wrong... Frown

Any Ideas?

------------------------

www.youtube.com/discordman

Posts: 305 | Location: Fort Smith AR | Registered: 09 July 2005Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Man, DM, that does suck! I like your site and your vids are cool.

The only thing I can think of is maybe making the photos of MD ito some kind of slide show, or doing a thumbnail thing where the full sized images open into a new window with some cool background.

Again, I like your site. Don't spend too much time making it for everyone else - make it and keep it how you like it!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guru
Picture of mons
posted Hide Post
you could always sleep with the head of the xenaring.... he he he.....

and sha-wa-na is right. the sight is for your enjoyment, right? that's like saying don't play basketball with your friends unless you can win! Smile

Personally- i think some more interaction and links would make it feel more involved. um... what sha-wa-na said.

mons

scrollers do it standing up...

Warrior Scroller
Picture of Discord Man
posted Hide Post
well thanks...i guess I value everyones opinions too much. But I will make improvements on it for sure. Thanks for the advice. Big Grin And if she looks good, I might take on your idea mons....hehe

------------------------

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
Only suggestion I would have is making it possible for people to disable the music. It can discourage people from spending too much time there.

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guru
Picture of mons
posted Hide Post
ah yes! good point! love kelly clarkson, but i hit the mute button pretty quick.

scrollers do it standing up...

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I like your site a lot, but I do have some ideas for how you can make it fit more into what that Xenaring is looking for:

1. Ditch the music altogether. People usually find it annoying and won't visit your site if they are scrolling at work.

2. Have a plain background, preferably white.

3. Make buttons/images to link to each of your pages and have them down the left hand side of each page. People should be able to get to any page they want with just one click.

4. Don't have your news on the front page. Move it to its own page for people to read if they want to.

5. Don't use yellow font. Use the standard black with hyperlinks in blue and visited links in red.

6. You site is really a Xena site with a Discord focus, not a Discord tribute site. Try to work out a way to communicate this to first time visitors eg. still call it Discord's Domain but change the intro to say that this is a fan site featuring music videos about Xena (its most interesting feature) and tributes to the Goddess of Retribution. Make the into snappy, so people will want to see more.

7. Make a standard sized banner for the top of each page that looks graphically very clean and is distinct eg. like the one used on the Daily Scroll.

8. Have a contact link so that people can get in touch with you via email if they have suggestions.

Good luck! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Warrior Scroller
Picture of Discord Man
posted Hide Post
Thanks 4 the tips every1...I'll get to work on it asap!

------------------------

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Here's a site you can use as a kind of template: http://www.geocities.com/psychlinx/

It's a work site, though. A fan site should have more graphics.

Try not to clutter the graphics up too much, though.

~~~~~~~~~~

Warrior Scroller
Picture of Discord Man
posted Hide Post
Just a quick question argy...if i were to give you my id and password for angelfire, do you think you can help me(im not that great with html). If you dont want to thats fine...just an idea...

------------------------

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Yep, no problem mate. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~