Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  Xena    MAD magazine has Xena in it

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
MAD magazine has Xena in it
 Login/Join 
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted
This month's MAD magazine has spoofs on Harry Potter and also one of Xena.

For anyone still collecting Xena merchandise - go and grab yerself an early Christmas present.

The drawings are actually very good and in colour. The story is the usual MAD rubbish, but it seems that they actually know a little of the show.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Thanks fer the tip, i'll have to check that out.

i remember Mad did a Xena story years & years ago. It was in b&w and not very good. i hope this isn't a colorized version of it.

Wouldn't mind reading Harry Potter take. i was watching the Lindsay Lohan big buxom Hermione on youtube from SNL recently. There's gotta be better Potter humor!

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:
There's gotta be better Potter humor!

Why did I mentally correct that to "potty humor"?

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller
posted Hide Post
Wait, is that Harry Potter craze still going on? Confused Guess I'm getting detached from reality or something, I totally gave up on it after watching the 1st&2nd movie and aborting trying to read through the first book.

Considering I remember dropping the book for some rather dry history book, it must have been either utterly boring or grossly disappointing. evil Or it has to be a thing about the language employed, as I rather do like Carrol's "Alice" and Lewis' "Narnia" writing, despite both being considered rather children's fare.

"Now, do we stake out Gabrielle like the sacrificial lamb she is, or are we to trust that she won't be running?"
(Callisto, XWP:ANE)

Posts: 18 | Location: Back in Yurop | Registered: 18 June 2010Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smirk Morgan:
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:
There's gotta be better Potter humor!

Why did I mentally correct that to "potty humor"?

Cuz you got a potty mouth! Smile

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MinionOfCallisto:
Wait, is that Harry Potter craze still going on? Confused Guess I'm getting detached from reality or something, I totally gave up on it after watching the 1st&2nd movie and aborting trying to read through the first book.

Considering I remember dropping the book for some rather dry history book, it must have been either utterly boring or grossly disappointing. evil Or it has to be a thing about the language employed, as I rather do like Carrol's "Alice" and Lewis' "Narnia" writing, despite both being considered rather children's fare.

well yeah, part one of the last movie is out now. i didn't like the final book much. the romantic pairings sucked and the adults were often times poorly written. But the basic storyline was fine and it was always a nice summer kind of read.