Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  Xena    Xena on DVD

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Xena on DVD
 Login/Join 
Dream Scroller
Picture of The Troll
posted
I'm ready to buy the whole collection of Xena shows on DVD. What do you suggest I should pay for it and are there any wierd products out there I should be wary of? I found the boxed set of 1-6 for $200 at Legendary Heroes is this a good set?

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
OK, i have never seen the box set b4.

but knowing what i paid for my singular series box sets, and that we didn;t get any extras on ours over here, and that i have a box set obsession..

I WANT IT!!

lol

But i would say, my personal opinion, yes it's worth it.. buy it buy it, get me one too..

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
i tired to post a pic of the box set, but it didn't work.

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
lol, it worked that time.

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Your pic isn't working for me.

That set looks good, but I would make sure that it's the one with cast commentaries. Can you email them and check that out?

Compare it with what is on offer here: http://www.creationent.com/xena/

Good luck! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
As the others said, be sure that you are getting a set with cast commentaries etc. That would be the U.S. version from Anchor Bay. These do not seem to be it. Despite the fact that the boxes look similar, I would tend to think that they may not be just based on the fact that they are selling all 6 seasons and season 6 has not even been released by the Anchor Bay . It looks like these are the sets that were available on the Xena/Herc merchandise site. I know some people who bought these and at the time it was a good idea cause they were the first ones available but now they wish they'd held out for the versions with the extras.
Also, on that web site you posted they make a point of selling other individual seasons of Xena dvds seperately and calling them "Anchor Bay Version" . Again, leads me to believe that anything else you buy there is NOT the Anchor Bay version. If dvd quality, "official" dvds and cast commentaries etc are what you are looking for (and IMHO they are totally worth it in the Xena sets) then I'd explore further before purchasing.

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of The Troll
posted Hide Post
I am trying to figure out if this is the Anchor product or not. Does any one recognize this set?

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
It looks close. However, I have seasons 1-5 of the Anchor Bay sets and those in the photo do not match exactly. Season 5 in my collection is the blue one- not season Four. Tough call, though.
Judging by the item description that they listed and the fact that it does not say that cast and crew commentary is in the set and by the fact that season 6 is not yet released and the set being sold is shipping now I'd say that they are NOT the Anchor Bay ones.

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Extraordinaire
Picture of BELGIAN WAFFLE
posted Hide Post
TO NANZAR :
I saw those boxes on the internet and on Ebay.
Please note that it are only empty boxes.
The seller made it for those who really want a box to collect their Xena-boxes into.

Fansite Lucy Lawless : http://www.lotolux.com
Filmlocations Xena New Zealand : http://www.loyaltoxena.com

Posts: 72 | Location: Belgium - Europe | Registered: 10 January 2004Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that information, BELGIAN WAFFLE.

It's been nice to see you (and Daring Dragoon) around these parts again, and not just because of the heads up about those boxes. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post