Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  Xena    XENA MOVIE

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
XENA MOVIE
 Login/Join 
Scroller Extraordinaire
Picture of BELGIAN WAFFLE
posted
Friends of mine who went to the Burbank con heard that the Xena Movie will be done.
Just nobody seems to know when?

As Sleepy and me will get married in 2007 at NZ it should be nice to know cause you never know what might be the chances to see something of the filming overthere, being on honeymoon.

Fansite Lucy Lawless : http://www.lotolux.com
Filmlocations Xena New Zealand : http://www.loyaltoxena.com

Posts: 72 | Location: Belgium - Europe | Registered: 10 January 2004Report This Post
Scroller
posted Hide Post
I think it's currently in what is called "development." The rights issue seems to have been resolved, the former Studios USA (now NBC-Universal) will be involved in some way (probably just releasing it) Lucy and Renee are willing to reprise their roles and Katherine Fugate has done a story outline for a script. Supposedly Rob is putting together the financial package now, which will take as long as it takes, after which they'll go into pre-production (fleshing the story out into a script, scouting locations, hiring crew, auditioning actors, etc.)

But of course he has *six* films in line ahead of it - The Grudge Pt. 2, 30 Days of Night (which supposedly has been fast-tracked and given a big budget-boost due to the overwhelming success of both The Grudge and The Boogeyman) Scarecrow, Dybbuk Box, the Evil Dead remake, and possibly an ED 4.

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Any other actors interested along with Lucy and Renee?

This sounds quite exciting. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller
posted Hide Post
*shrug* Not too many actors would turn down a part in a feature film. Wink But it's not in production yet - there's not even a full script yet, so to my knowledge, no one except Rob and Katherine even know what roles there might be.

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
That means it will take some time... Oh well. Patience is a virtue... Wink

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

My LiveJournal: A look inside KSenas mind...

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
interesting indeed...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post