Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  Xena    Drawn Xena and Gabrielle - painting

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Drawn Xena and Gabrielle - painting
 Login/Join 
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted
This is a painting drawn by the great artist Silvestris. In her Livejournal (http://www.livejournal.com/users/silvestris/) she wrote that she was doing commessions. This is a artist that mostly draws male/male-slash, but I asked her to do a drawing of Xena and Gabrielle, and since I paid for it, she did! YAY! If you wanna se more of her magnificent artwork, check out her website at http://www.silvestris.net !

I would apriciate if you didn't use this picture on your websites, since this is something I paid for. I just wanted to share this magnificent pice of art. Smile Enjoy.

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

Come to my homepage and read my Journal or check out my wallpapers.
Why KSena? That is my nick here in Sweden... :-)

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of Rellik
posted Hide Post
um nice... he he where's their um.. tops?

Posts: 410 | Location: canada | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
Hey, that's a pretty cool picture! I went and looked at the artists webpage and she has some really nice stuff there! I particularly liked her Zelda pictures, and a couple of her Harry Potter ones Smile

-------------------

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
YAY!
Its nice..

Soo ...
If I might ask, what does something like that cost...???

Brucy runs out naked into the howling windy freezing winter nite...

WHAT ISSUE ??....WHAT 1 ISSUE ??? ARGHHHHH !!!

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
As Shawn would say--Ooof!! WXF SmileSmile

But you're my source. When I reach down deep inside myself and do things I'm not capable of, it's because of you. Don't you know that by now?

Posts: 507 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Warrior Scroller
Picture of Herculena
posted Hide Post
Oh, that's pretty! Smile

I'm always on the lookout for fan art and so much of it seems to be drawn manga-style. While anime/manga style has its charms, one can only see so many Japanime Harry Potters, Xenas and Gabrielles with enormous...eyes and bishounen Horatio Hornblowers without wondering, is there anything else out there?

While Silvestris does draw a lot of manga styled art (how about those cute Egyptian baby gods?) as well as anime fan art, it's not all she does. I like artists who aren't one-note songs.

Posts: 335 | Location: East Hallelujah!, IL | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
Thanx for all the nice reply's folks! I'll let her know what you all think of her first Xena and Gabrielle. Smile

And Brucy, it cost me 450 swedish krona. That is: 59 US dollers. Alot of money? Yes it was. But it was worth it damn it! Becouse I have the orginal on my wall! *grins insanely*

Come to my homepage and read my Journal or check out my wallpapers.
Why KSena? That is my nick here in Sweden... :-)

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
Very cool painting, I like it. Smile She captured Xena's expression best... I'm glad you like it, most of all! Smile

Herculena – I read your reply about always being on the lookout for Xena fan art that's actually NOT anime, and I have got a perfect place for you. This artist is amazing, absolutely amazing-- I've contemplated buying some of her stuff before because it's so good. I keep her website bookmarked and check it occasionally to see if she has new stuff-- she has tons of Xena drawings, as well as other shows or movies too. Check it out, I think you'll be very pleased:

http://www.rebekahlynn.com/

~Gabber

"Never let a problem to be solved become more important than the person to be loved."

"A word of encouragment during failure is worth more than a whole book of praises after a success."

Posts: 893 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 25 June 2003Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of Rellik
posted Hide Post
Moonshade, this has gotten me thinking...I should really do commission work like this. *evil grin*
By the way, how large is the original size of the drawing?

Posts: 410 | Location: canada | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I know this thread was about Moonie's pic but I just have to say DAMN that was one good art page you directed us to, Gabber.

Thanks all for sharing. You've given me an edumacation.

~~~~~~~~~~

Who did you think I would be? - HA! - well you got me instead.

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
*grins* You're welcome, Argy... I actually looked through it again after I put the link up, and man, that woman never ceases to amaze me with her skill. She gets them down PAT. Every little crinkle, everything, it's right there. It's almost scary how accurate her drawings are – they look like they could be real pictures. Smile

So you're definitely welcome-- that's always been one of my favorite Xena links-- I should have shared earlier here, hehe. Big Grin

~Gabber

"The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor. The man who kneels to God can stand up to anything."

"The most important things to say are those which often I did not think necessary for me to say – because they were too obvious."

Posts: 893 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 25 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Disciple
Picture of XexyWarriorGoddess
posted Hide Post
That is a very nice painting.It's true artwork too,not just an excuse to see them naked,which I admire.

=============================
Now if only I hadn't lost that key to the World's Mass Destruction Kit.....
=============================
We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.

Posts: 243 | Location: Oblivion,Center of the Earth | Registered: 25 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Extraordinaire
Picture of BELGIAN WAFFLE
posted Hide Post
THAT IS A VERY NICE DRAWNING!
Hmmm euh hmmm gosh my feelings are running as crazy now!
Congratulations to the artist.

Fansite Lucy Lawless : http://www.lotolux.com
Filmlocations Xena New Zealand : http://www.loyaltoxena.com

Posts: 72 | Location: Belgium - Europe | Registered: 10 January 2004Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
Thanx for all the nice words, guys! I have forwarded them to the artist, Silvestris!

My LiveJournal: A look inside KSenas mind...