Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  YouTube    David Letterman is so charming.NOT!

Moderators: Free Madness, xenacrazed

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
David Letterman is so charming.NOT!
 Login/Join 
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted
Marilyn Mach Vos Savant on Letterman, March 11, 1986

Im not much for late nite TV.....
I never really watched him bit I say Johnny Carson was prob the 'best'..

I Never 'Got' Letterman's popularity.

But his rude ignorance in this piece shocked & surprised even me.

I think Marilyn is absolutely awesome....

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Holy Shit! the comments have ben turned off & removed since I viewed this a few days ago..!!

One Im gonna hafta recreate from memory was kinda chilling..

A man can behave THIS aggressively in FRONT of a CAMERA ...

Imagine what can happen out of site when they are alone.

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Here's another interview from 1985 given by a another knuckle dragging narcissist...

Marilyn Mach Vos Savant--- Joe Franklyn Show

youtube comments I thought were telling :

Legal Fiction Natural Fact
7 months ago

Lettetman and this clown were both horrifically, insanely envious and intimidated by marilyn. The poor little boys find brilliant women terrifying. It's fun watching them lash out in fits, trying so hard. Lol. She does deserve better though. Wayyyy out of their clown league. And they KNOW it. <3

Fair Witness
3 months ago
He's one of those guys that is threatened by feminine intelligence. Her very existence makes him intensely uncomfortable and he lashes out verbally by being rude and dismissive as well as sexist.

She's a class act.

================================

bring it on
5 years ago
Everybody wants to be the smartest one but nobody has something nice to say to the smartest people, why ?

New Moon
1 year ago
"They hate you if you're clever, but they despise a fool. " -Lennon

{snip}

Marilyn likely makes a lot of people, men in particular, extremely uncomfortable since most people are dishonest to some degree and she can easily see through all that. I'd personally love to have the opportunity to talk to such a woman, particularly if she's smarter than me.

NubiaRising
11 months ago
To busy being envious and feeling inadequate to show a little luv and respect... and perhaps learn

G G
6 months ago
Exactly! Dave Letterman had zero intelligent exchange with her. His only mission was to attempt to prove her less than.

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
matbe the funniest reply yet:

John Koenig
1 year ago
What's so special about her? She basically spends her entire life telling you that you're wrong. Shit, any wife can do that.

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I don't have a lot of time right now, so I'm just going to respond to the first post.

Hey Brucy could you please start a new thread for each new YouTube clip?

That lets people respond to each one seperately. We're trying to do that more with Scroll topics, these days.

---

First of all, I can't believe that they kept introducing Marilyn as the world's smartest woman, rather than the world's smartest person. Also, they didn't use her name very much.

The whole segment felt like it was a "gotcha", to put her back in her place.

Letterman didn't engage properly with the question she asked him. I think he was concerned that she might show him up.

All that being said, it's too difficult to judge if one person has an IQ of 230.

Most credible IQ tests only go up to 135+, because that is where the top 1% of intelligent people are.

It's much too difficult to narrow down where all of that 1% sit, in relation to each other.

Of course we now also know that IQ tests are biased in favour of white people.

---

One last thing - I'm not sure what happened to your posts, Brucy. I know I didn't delete or move any from this forum.

It might have been a mistake made by one of the new Mods. xc might pop by and clarify.

If not, chalk it up to a Scroll mystery. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brucy Braless:
matbe the funniest reply yet:

John Koenig
1 year ago
What's so special about her? She basically spends her entire life telling you that you're wrong. Shit, any wife can do that.

Wow. That is so sexist.

I didn't see her say that Letterman was wrong about anything, other than the fact that he incorrectly said she was going out with a famous late night host.

The "nagging wife" (who constantly feels you that you are wrong) is such a stupid, sexist stereotype. Not all wives nag, and plenty of husbands do.

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
I left this all in 1 thread as I feel the topic is Marilyn Vos Savant.

Notice that SHE never claims to be the smartest woman/person & often states that its just a number.

Her Actual claim to fame is that she has the HIGHEST IQ score on that test... ever... I think.

Everyone talking to her including Dope Letterman...dont realize or understand that ...

I suspect that there will be a limited amount of threads here as I dont think anyone but me spends alotta time on Youtube.

Oh the naggin wife remark Im pretty sure the guy was joking.
As in HIS wife already has no trouble makin him look/feel stupid.

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
No worries, Brucy

I misread a few things.

Sorry about that.

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i'd never heard of her.

i watched Letterman for many years. Got tired of him after a while & don't get his Santa Claus beard nowadays.

Youtube i mostly only watch for music videos.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post